PDA

View Full Version : "Is This Just Fantasy?" anyone?

Lonsta DaMonsta
11-13-2010, 01:05 AM
Much similar to The Beatles Double Fab and Triple Fab achievements, has anyone thought about recording themselves and uploading the files for the two/three vocal parts? If not, I may attempt it within the next week...

Failboatz
11-13-2010, 05:15 AM
This is a pretty interesting idea. If we all work together I'm sure we can get something to work. I haven't tried vocals on this song yet, but I'm willing to help.

This achievement sucks for us who don't have any friends that can sing!

RealistIdealist
11-13-2010, 05:56 AM
It's here: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=270775&page=5 Just look for Shelton's post.

Lonsta DaMonsta
11-13-2010, 08:05 AM
Wow, this one is tough. I'm still having troubles getting past the first 10 lines without the orange/brown messing up :( I guess I'll try more tomorrow.

Shelton
11-13-2010, 08:49 AM
Wow, this one is tough. I'm still having troubles getting past the first 10 lines without the orange/brown messing up :( I guess I'll try more tomorrow.

If you're using my file:

It took me a few hours of trying, to get it to sync up perfectly in each section. Pissed me off, but I won in the end. Keep at it, it is possible with the file. It could be a lot better, however, it will get the job done. Eventually...

You may be better off recording yourself though, if you can hit them.

Lonsta DaMonsta
11-13-2010, 03:24 PM
I've tried more today... I can get it good up until the first 'Open Your Eyes' and then it barely registers the orange/brown for that section. Were you using all wired microphones? Any wireless Lips ones? I'm not having much luck yet but will keep trying...

Edit: Finally got that section to register... I turned down all mic volumes, instrument volumes, background music volumes, etc. to almost 0 but not quite.

Edit 2: I got the brown/orange to be perfect the whole song, and now I'm trying to sing Blue and it's freaking hard... and this is coming from someone who passed all songs on RB1 Expert, has 1750 in Lips, etc. etc. It's only hard because when I try to sing lead it keeps throwing me in with the orange/brown. This ach. is truly a pain. I noticed you recorded the blue part also, did you somehow get by with using both files at the same time or did you just record blue to help us learn the lead?

Shelton
11-13-2010, 04:57 PM
I've tried more today... I can get it good up until the first 'Open Your Eyes' and then it barely registers the orange/brown for that section. Were you using all wired microphones? Any wireless Lips ones? I'm not having much luck yet but will keep trying...
I used two Lips mics and one wired mic.

Edit: Finally got that section to register... I turned down all mic volumes, instrument volumes, background music volumes, etc. to almost 0 but not quite.
I always have the mic volume down, so maybe that's why I didn't have trouble with the first section.

Edit 2: I got the brown/orange to be perfect the whole song, and now I'm trying to sing Blue and it's freaking hard... and this is coming from someone who passed all songs on RB1 Expert, has 1750 in Lips, etc. etc. Same. I recorded brown/orange because I thought that would be the hardest. When I tried to sing the blue along with them, I found I just couldn't hit it without knocking the other harmonies off their path. Super annoying!
It's only hard because when I try to sing lead it keeps throwing me in with the orange/brown. This ach. is truly a pain. I noticed you recorded the blue part also, did you somehow get by with using both files at the same time or did you just record blue to help us learn the lead?
I used both files at the same time, singing certain sections of the blue where I messed up when recording. If you have an extra stereo, give it a go. I've outlined (in my post in the achievement guide) which parts you'll need to sing if you use it. They're all easy. The file should do all the heavy lifting.

Answers in red.

Lonsta DaMonsta
11-13-2010, 05:46 PM
OK thanks, I've got it down now where I can sing all of the blue just fine except the part after Beezelbub... my gosh, stupid octave harmonies. If I turn harmonies off, I can sing the blue fine, but once the harmonies are on, the 'For Me' keeps going to orange even though I'm singing right along with the 'Guide Pitch' -- geez I didn't realize this was going to be an all-day task but at least I'm making progress still...

Edit: Dangit... just hit 31/32 triple harmonies. At least that gives me hope!

Lonsta DaMonsta
11-14-2010, 06:57 AM
Not to double post... but after trying to EIGHT HOURS I finally just got it, singing the blue part while having the two mics on my speakers.

Thanks for the files Shelton. I wish the pitch guides would have worked in recordings but I heard they didn't, so looks like this may be as good as it's gonna get. Shelton saves the world again! YOU ROCK MAN!

NightListenerUK
11-14-2010, 07:19 PM
Not to double post... but after trying to EIGHT HOURS I finally just got it, singing the blue part while having the two mics on my speakers.

Thanks for the files Shelton. I wish the pitch guides would have worked in recordings but I heard they didn't, so looks like this may be as good as it's gonna get. Shelton saves the world again! YOU ROCK MAN!

I want to attempt this, is it easy if you sing the blue and use speakers for the other two?

I thought shelton only posted mp3's for the two harmony parts not the whole track?

Shelton
11-15-2010, 12:27 AM

Trust me, I tried to use the pitch guide for all of it, but it just wouldn't pick up certain sections, so I had to bring out my lovely singing voice. :p

It's great that you finally got it. Congratulations!
I want to attempt this, is it easy if you sing the blue and use speakers for the other two?

I thought shelton only posted mp3's for the two harmony parts not the whole track?

For this achievement, I posted one file with brown/orange and another file with the blue. This is because I found the blue to actually be more challenging to sing than the brown/orange, which is rarely the case when it comes to harmonies. I think 8 hours of effort suggests that it's not easy, lol.

HamKet
11-15-2010, 01:03 AM
In addition to Shelton's files, you can also try this YouTube video of ORange and Brown.

YouTube - Is This Just Fantasy? Rock Band 3 Achievement/Trophy One Player (READ DESCRIPTION)

eburkulosis
11-17-2010, 12:03 AM
Alright, I had to create an account on here because the PS3 forums are just weak on this game.

I've tried and I've tried and I tried....and I cant get no 'plat'isfaction (on this cheevo/trophy)

Anyways, now that's out of my system - I have a few questions, and I want to have them answered immediately. (Arnold impersonation)

1. How many different audio sources are you guys using? How many do I need to use?
2. I can't even sing this blue part, why is this so hard? (rhetorical)
3. Would it be the best to make 3 separate audio tracks using those electric/keyboard sounds and play them on three isolated audio sources? (would be a biotch to sync up)
4. Kind of building on question 3 - Should the brown and orange tracks be separated and done at slightly separate pitches to keep them from running together?
5. Can you guys tell me exactly how you are manipulating your settings for optimal performance?
6. Whats the best method for isolating the tracks so you don't pick up audio meant for one microphone on another?

Sincerely,

Eburk (PS, feel free to PM me any questions on the games Ive mastered below)

50/51 games complete - 50 plats at 100% including Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Rock Band 2, Def Jam Rapstar, Demons Souls, Mirrors Edge, Bioshock, 3D DGH, GOW Series, Uncharted Series, Castlevania, Enslaved, Dragon Age, RE5, BFBC2, FF13, LBP, Batman AA, Borderlands, Ghostbusters, Red Faction Guerilla, Dead Space, Resistance 2, KZ2, Trine, R&C, Burnout, inFamous, MW2, AC2, Heavy Rain, Dantes Inferno, Modnation Racers and some embarrassing n00b games.

Shelton
11-17-2010, 03:20 AM
1. How many different audio sources are you guys using? How many do I need to use?
I used two stereo's. It can be done with one audio source (with two speakers) though, if you can sing one of the harmonies.
2. I can't even sing this blue part, why is this so hard? (rhetorical)
I know what you mean. I was surprised when I tried to sing it and was struggling with some phrases (on medium!). It's not an easy song to sing, that's for sure.
3. Would it be the best to make 3 separate audio tracks using those electric/keyboard sounds and play them on three isolated audio sources? (would be a biotch to sync up)
No point using three separate tracks. Will explain in question 4.
4. Kind of building on question 3 - Should the brown and orange tracks be separated and done at slightly separate pitches to keep them from running together?
Yes and no. When the tracks are created, they're designed to play out of one speaker each. For example, orange out of left, brown out of right. I had my stereo going quite loud, but there was no interference from the other track, so it is unnecessary make a separate track for each.
5. Can you guys tell me exactly how you are manipulating your settings for optimal performance? Not sure what you mean. When singing the harmonies originally (to record), I had the vocal track volume all the way down. When actually playing though, everything was set to default. Your speakers need to be loud. Also, if you are using a computer, you need to make sure it doesn't mix the two tracks together.
6. Whats the best method for isolating the tracks so you don't pick up audio meant for one microphone on another?
Make sure the speakers aren't on top of each other? I don't know, I've never had an issue with it...

Hope this helps.

toops
11-17-2010, 03:31 AM
what i did was record the different pitch flutes (blue and orange) with audacity and then adjusted the sliders so that blue came out one side and orange came out the other, plugged in some headphones, turned it up to a decent volume and had one mic in each ear of the headphones and then sang the brown harmony. i also had a brown harmony flute recording that i listened to while i sang it which made it a lot easier

NightListenerUK
11-21-2010, 05:10 PM
what i did was record the different pitch flutes (blue and orange) with audacity and then adjusted the sliders so that blue came out one side and orange came out the other, plugged in some headphones, turned it up to a decent volume and had one mic in each ear of the headphones and then sang the brown harmony. i also had a brown harmony flute recording that i listened to while i sang it which made it a lot easier

Reckon you could upload the tracks to megaupload that you have edited?

toops
11-21-2010, 09:21 PM
stupidly, i didn't save the file, i just did it and closed it. only took about 15 minutes though including the recording. audacity is free and you can use usb rock band mics to record so it's really not that hard, just remember to use the sliders to have each come out one side.
and the key advice i was trying to give from my previous post was to use headphones instead of speakers. it picks up wayyy better