PDA

View Full Version : No more online head to head matches?

diskoboxed
11-13-2010, 04:57 PM
Can't seem to find the option anywhere in the menus.
Did they remove it?

RealistIdealist
11-13-2010, 05:03 PM
Yep. Not here.

Which confuses me because it says in the messages "Play in a band or battle up to 7 Players online" Which is also not true.

ColdSpider72
11-13-2010, 11:08 PM
What they meant by 'battle' was creating battles (custom setlists) for you and other bands to compete for the best score on. I.M.O. that is a pretty sneaky way to give people the impression that there is more than that on offer with the wording on the game case as well as the messages in game. There is a petition on the www.RockBand.com (http://www.RockBand.com) forums you could sign if you disagree with the omission of score duel.

diskoboxed
11-14-2010, 11:40 AM
bloody outrageous.
and how come it wasn't mentioned anywhere?
can't remember reading it in any review I read of the game..

@shaun72, can you post a link to the petition?

ColdSpider72
11-14-2010, 04:39 PM
http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?204048-Petition-To-Bring-Back-Score-Duel-to-Rock-Band-3-Via-Title-Update!

There is the link. Keep in mind that it is unofficial as it was created by a forum member. I seriously doubt Harmonix will change anything.

Vanuslux
11-15-2010, 04:52 AM
I don't miss it (and I especially don't miss the achievements attached to competitive online play) but I understand how that would be a bummer for those who enjoyed the mode. It does seem strange to me to take out a feature like that. I wonder if the budget was starting to get tight and competitive play was a corner cut.

Lucent Beam
11-15-2010, 04:57 AM
My husband and I had a lot of fun doing vocal battles both in Score Duel and Tug-of-War. I was really bummed when I searched the menus only to find that it wasn't anywhere to be found. Lame. :(

MartyMcFly
11-16-2010, 03:50 PM
Taking it out of multiplayer could possibly be understandable due to limitations of some sort, but having local Score Duels or Tug of War seemed like it was no problem.

If they don't want to do competitive multiplayer online, they should at least do it for local play. Drummer vs. drummer Score Duels were the best!