PDA

View Full Version : Why'd they "video game" it?

Fire Hawk D
11-14-2010, 09:51 PM
In the last game, my father and my wife could at least play. Now, they put skill-based mini-games in even the original versions. I want to play board games on my Xbox in this situation, not mini-game collections. Anyone else a little disappointed they added these segments?

Also, Twister? Really? That's not a board game.

Jump Joker
11-20-2010, 05:27 PM
I felt the same way. I got it for two reasons...1. usually an easy 1000 pts. 2. It would be something I could play with my younger kids while going for the achievements. They had a blast with the original Family Game Night. They played one or two games and were extremely disappointed. They went to the game closet and told me they'd rather play the original board games.

mig0
12-18-2010, 07:44 PM
The game of life game is horrible. I have no idea why my opponents manage to spin the damned thing dozens of times while I get 1 spin, and there's no way to see the board to see what's up ahead.

MatrixJake1978
12-21-2010, 12:04 AM
The game of life game is horrible. I have no idea why my opponents manage to spin the damned thing dozens of times while I get 1 spin, and there's no way to see the board to see what's up ahead.

You can change to 3 diff. angles.... just a heads up.

And I agree. Family Game Night 3 has been hugely disappointing. Mousetrap.... Life.... Twister wtf.... The Card UNO game eats butt.

marKot1k
12-22-2010, 08:47 PM
Its Twister that I just cant see why its in there at all - I mean, most of the fun is to be had either...

Playing it drunk with your mates, but one on one, against your friends of the opposite sex, everybody in there underwear...

Or totally neckit with your g/f of course (no other of your mates are involved this time) however, her mates are more than welcome to play too, but asking them would no doubt end in getting slapped then dumped. (And possibly a boot in the 'nads for not just suggesting it, but actually trying to talk her hottest friends into it for ages!!)

But a virtual version. Nope. Sorry, it doesnt work, because the fun part is physically doing it - same with the Jenga DLC. WTF

But yeah, I'm not too fussed about it - a quick few hours whoring this evening, then its back in the
post-box 2moro morning :)

Holydozer 2
01-09-2011, 10:54 PM
Yea honestly i would stick away from this game even for achievements let alone play for fun.

How do you screw up a board game....something that the rules are already crated, is beyond me. If your gonna put in mini games, make more then 2 or 3 for christ sakes. Im gonna mess up my controller getting sued. Cut the crap and let us play the games how they should be.

dddarne
01-15-2011, 08:49 AM
I agree this game is just aweful. The PC cheats like crazy, an hour or so of playing and I cannot even win a simple game of yatzee hands down. Everytime I go hands down the computer seems to have the same exact hand as me and they win (happened three times in one game). I feel like I got ripped off.

TA Chaos
02-07-2011, 05:04 PM
I got this game because I thought it would be fun for my wife and I but we got through one game of life and it took forever, kinda regretting the $40 I spent on it