PDA

View Full Version : Something to Prove

Lucent Beam
11-15-2010, 12:25 AM
Something to Prove 50
Get a 100% rating on every song in the game in Break It Down mode.

Does this mean 100% for every difficulty or just 100% showing for just Hard for every song? I know someone in the achievement guide said it didn't work for all easy 100%'s?

lucazzo
11-15-2010, 01:12 AM
I think we're all still trying to figure it out :p

Lucent Beam
11-15-2010, 01:23 AM
Hm, well, in that case, I'll go for just clearing 100% on Break It Down on Hard and skip Medium/Easy and see if that will unlock it.
Some moves are driving me crazy though..... like Rodeo and Wind It Up... I can do the same thing each time and sometimes it will count and sometimes it won't.

blurbia
11-15-2010, 02:15 AM
I'm thinking if you try Break it Down on a song on a harder difficulty, then get 100% on an easier difficulty, it won't count for the achievement.

Cully
11-15-2010, 03:30 AM
I'm thinking if you try Break it Down on a song on a harder difficulty, then get 100% on an easier difficulty, it won't count for the achievement.

I got 98% on hard on poker face in break it down, then I got 100% on easy in poker face... it didn't count.

Sounds like it's better to do these all on easy first before touching higher levels. I'll try confirm, but it'll take a while.

Lucent Beam
11-15-2010, 05:12 AM
I got 98% on hard on poker face in break it down, then I got 100% on easy in poker face... it didn't count.

Sounds like it's better to do these all on easy first before touching higher levels. I'll try confirm, but it'll take a while.

According to this:

Something To Prove:
This is the one that says earn 100% in break it down mode on every song. I have earned 100% on every song on easy and the achievement has not popped, so at this point I'm assuming I need to complete medium and hard at 100% also (currently working on this).

It's got to be more than just on easy. That's why I'm wondering if it will save time to ONLY go for 100%'s on Hard if it unlocks.

blurbia
11-15-2010, 05:17 AM
According to this:

It's got to be more than just on easy. That's why I'm wondering if it will save time to ONLY go for 100%'s on Hard if it unlocks.

But he/she didn't mention if he had already completed one of the songs on a harder difficulty and didn't get 100%. His/her issue does not disprove my theory.

Cully
11-15-2010, 07:32 AM
I don't think playing perform it on higher difficulty matters

I think it's only when you do break it down on a higher level and score more. Even if you get 50% in hard, you might outscore easy, so the 100% easy may ASSUME it's not better than 50% hard and not count it.

I think that's how it's working... and I've done a few tests with random accounts to test it.. with the 100% on a single song in break-it down mode achievement. I think this achievement is the exact same issue.

yippy smalz
11-17-2010, 12:01 AM
I have a new theory: It has to be on medium or greater. I did break it down on poker face on medium(1st try) and got like 90%, Did it on hard(1st try) and got 88%, did it on easy(1st try) and got 100% but no achievement. I was then thinking that i would have to do it on hard and medium too. Medium(2nd try) 100% and achievement. It still says hard is at 88%

edit: That for practice makes perfect btw so i assume it will be the case with the 100% all of them in break it down mode

Lucent Beam
11-17-2010, 02:37 AM
Ok, I figured out my mistake on Rodeo was to not move my front foot a second time.
HELP ME on "Wind Up"!!! Is there anyone else with a problem with this move? No matter what I do with my feet, it's telling me wrong-wrong-wrong. Ugggh.

BCPotter
11-18-2010, 03:41 PM
I have a new theory: It has to be on medium or greater. I did break it down on poker face on medium(1st try) and got like 90%, Did it on hard(1st try) and got 88%, did it on easy(1st try) and got 100% but no achievement. I was then thinking that i would have to do it on hard and medium too. Medium(2nd try) 100% and achievement. It still says hard is at 88%

edit: That for practice makes perfect btw so i assume it will be the case with the 100% all of them in break it down mode

I got Practice Made Perfect performing on easy so that should disprove your theory.

Jerkkhammer
11-18-2010, 05:38 PM
I don't think playing perform it on higher difficulty matters

I think it's only when you do break it down on a higher level and score more. Even if you get 50% in hard, you might outscore easy, so the 100% easy may ASSUME it's not better than 50% hard and not count it.

I think that's how it's working... and I've done a few tests with random accounts to test it.. with the 100% on a single song in break-it down mode achievement. I think this achievement is the exact same issue.

I've posted in the Support forum on the official Dance Central site about this issue. We'll see if any of the developers comment on it.

yippy smalz
11-19-2010, 04:58 AM
I got Practice Made Perfect performing on easy so that should disprove your theory.

If it was only done on easy then that would make sense, maybe it could be what ever difficulty you first try in the break it down mode who knows? Someone could test this by 100% every break it down for every song before attempting on a higher difficulty.

BCPotter
11-21-2010, 03:42 AM
Nobody seems to have unlocked it yet on TA. Is it possible it's a glitched achievement for the time being?

ChrisD0811
11-23-2010, 05:12 AM
You guys are all way overthinking it. I just unlocked it (first in the world as far as I can tell too :woop:), and I can tell you it is much simpler than all of this. You simply need to have completed Break It Down mode at 100% total for each song, at the highest difficulty you have ever attempted. I did it on easy for every song except Drop It Like It's Hot, which I made the mistake of trying on hard for shits and grins.

However, this brings up a more important point, in that the roadmap on here is essentially screwing everyone over by suggesting they play through hard on Break It Down first. For anyone that followed that little gem of advice, they now have to get 100% on hard for every song in which they attempted it.

My suggestion would be to play every song in the game on easy on Break It Down mode first on easy, getting the 100%, and then and only then would I turn the difficulty up to the higher notches. I feel that getting that 50g out of the way first on easy is much more precious than the one playthrough that you'll save by following the path laid out in the roadmap.

Not to be a jerk, but things like this are why roadmaps shouldn't be posted until you've personally gotten all the achievements and know for sure that you're not giving advice that will make that journey to 1000g even more difficult than it already is.

Good luck to you all :)

Edit: Just re-read this, and it seems way harsher than I intended. The achievement guide, though a work in progress, is great, and has helped me get quite a few of these achievements. You can feel free to add this information to your guide and roadmap if you'd like, and keep up the good work til it's finished. Personally I can't wait to know which difficulty and which songs are needed for the "move passing" achievements, as I know you're working on those currently...

Lucent Beam
11-23-2010, 05:33 AM
I think then the easiest solution for people going through on hard is just to make a separate save on a different storage device and do it all on easy.
Thanks for the heads up!

Cully
11-23-2010, 05:47 AM
My suggestion would be to play every song in the game on easy on Break It Down mode first on easy, getting the 100%, and then and only then would I turn the difficulty up to the higher notches. I feel that getting that 50g out of the way first on easy is much more precious than the one playthrough that you'll save by following the path laid out in the roadmap.

Not to be a jerk, but things like this are why roadmaps shouldn't be posted until you've personally gotten all the achievements and know for sure that you're not giving advice that will make that journey to 1000g even more difficult than it already is.

Good luck to you all :)

Edit: Just re-read this, and it seems way harsher than I intended. The achievement guide, though a work in progress, is great, and has helped me get quite a few of these achievements. You can feel free to add this information to your guide and roadmap if you'd like, and keep up the good work til it's finished. Personally I can't wait to know which difficulty and which songs are needed for the "move passing" achievements, as I know you're working on those currently...

Thanks for the info on this as everyone was getting a bit annoyed with it, thinking it's glitched. I'll have to re-check the guide and take that into account.

I agree, guides shouldn't be attempted until someone has most of the achievements, but nobody looked to be starting one, and I wanted to map it myself for my own progress. As you said, nobody appeared to have this achievement in the world, so how long do people wait? If you look at the Kinect Sports threads, you'll find no guide and a mess of threads. There's nothing saying that other people can't start a guide also. The more the merrier in my opinion. All your input is greatly appreciated as I see this as a team effort, as one person can never spot everything in a game.

FYI - I have also posted up a dump of moves so far... It's messy but might help until I have all of them mapped. It's currently in an Excel Spreadsheet. 212 moves, 9 Hard, 5 Easy songs mapped so far. My plan is to get all 32 done on hard, before I do the lower levels.

Looks like it might be best to create a second save if you've played some of the songs on break it down mode on hard.

ButterflyEdge
11-25-2010, 09:47 PM
The Break it Down stuff doesn't count towards unlocking things, does it? I'm going to have to start a new save location thingy for this as I have also played a few silly hard ones on Break it Down, but I don't want to have to do it anyway for something that counts towards the 'Got this on the unlock' achievement, if that makes sense!

lucazzo
11-28-2010, 02:16 AM
Ok, I figured out my mistake on Rodeo was to not move my front foot a second time.
HELP ME on "Wind Up"!!! Is there anyone else with a problem with this move? No matter what I do with my feet, it's telling me wrong-wrong-wrong. Ugggh.

"Rodeo" and "Wind it up" also gave me trouble and then I figured a bit of a trick for both:

So....

In "Rodeo" you go:

1) Left foot front, right arm rises.
2) Right arm goes down slowly.
3) As right arm hits bottom (to the beat), left foot comes back to the beat.
4) Mid-beat, switch: right foot front.

(Slow it Down helps a lot on it)

In a way the transitioning is similar to "Wind it up".

1) Right foot out, right arm goes up slowly
2) As right arm hits up, left foot joins right quickly in mid-beat.

Very confusing at first, but you'll get it eventually and it becomes second nature. Again, I suggest lots of "slow it down" until you find your own trick to it.