PDA

View Full Version : Linking Code Not working not working

Caboose45
11-15-2010, 01:06 AM
Hey just wondering if anyone has had trouble with the linking code achievement. I made an account on rockband.com enter my code atleast 10 times with my gamertag but yet it still says that its invalid.

p.s. First post every!!!!
p.s. Third to 1000 cod: black ops

CyanideSpirit
11-15-2010, 01:29 AM
Yeah same here man, :( this is pure bullcrap lol i want my achievement! >:( haha

InfinitiPJ
11-15-2010, 01:41 AM
Did you guys change your gamertag recently? There's a thread somewhere under "rockband.com support" on their forum where a few have the same problem.

Starstrukk X360A
11-15-2010, 01:43 AM
If you've changed your gamertag recently you have to give the Rock Band servers a chance to play catch-up. They aren't updated real-time with the list of Gamertags.

CyanideSpirit
11-15-2010, 01:45 AM
Nah i've had my gamertag since i first started on xbox live :(

Caboose45
11-15-2010, 10:22 PM
Yeah same had my tag for about 3 years

StumpyFlesh
11-16-2010, 12:14 AM
To everyone that is unable to link on the website, try changing your "Desired Username" to something different than what you have been using before...for instance, I was using my gamertag as my desired username, and it would not allow me to register; I input all my information using my GT as my desired username about 20 times and it didn't work. I tried using a different username and it worked the first time. Give it a shot and spread the news.

Caboose45
11-16-2010, 12:19 AM
ok i put my code in and said it was confirmed still im playing rock band 3 right now yet no achievement and ive signed out and in a few times

D4B0MB1N4T10N
11-16-2010, 05:37 AM
ok i put my code in and said it was confirmed still im playing rock band 3 right now yet no achievement and ive signed out and in a few times

actually turn off the console and then back on. thats how i ended up getting mine. kind of resets your connection to live.

D4B0MB1N4T10N
11-16-2010, 05:38 AM
Hey just wondering if anyone has had trouble with the linking code achievement. I made an account on rockband.com enter my code atleast 10 times with my gamertag but yet it still says that its invalid.

p.s. First post every!!!!
p.s. Third to 1000 cod: black ops

congrats on the 1000 on cod, not. did u enjoy the game at least?? gotta say, barely a week since its been out and u have the full 1000? pretty pathetic bud, i hope your mommy is at least proud of you.

BadAssNipples
11-18-2010, 07:29 AM
congrats on the 1000 on cod, not. did u enjoy the game at least?? gotta say, barely a week since its been out and u have the full 1000? pretty pathetic bud, i hope your mommy is at least proud of you.

someone's jealous :D

The_Damien
11-18-2010, 08:48 PM
This worked for me. Friend tried it the next day, worked for him too.

1. Go to Rockband.com and sign in.
2. Go to My Gameplay > Settings > Linking
3. Unlink your account.
4. Sign out of Rockband.com
5. Write down your Rock Band 3 linking code.
6. If you're on Xbox Live, sign out and go to the Dashboard.
7. Sign up for a new account, on the screen check the box that says "I want to link to Rock Band 3" and enter your code.
8. Check your e-mail, activate your new account.
9. Sign in to Xbox Live and start up Rock Band 3.
10. That's it. I got mine after I went to the main menu and DLC was found.

If anyone tries it and gets the achievement, let me know... I'm kind of curious if it actually works or if it was just pure luck on our part.

Spanish Assault
11-18-2010, 09:39 PM
I got it to work no problem.

I thought they patched this issue?

SirCut
11-19-2010, 04:35 AM

3. Unlink your account.
7. Sign up for a new account, on the screen check the box that says "I want to link to Rock Band 3" and enter your code.

If anyone tries it and gets the achievement, let me know... I'm kind of curious if it actually works or if it was just pure luck on our part.

This 100% worked for me. Tried 20 times before and couldnt get it to work until I did this. Thanks man!

Vulgar Rhombus
11-20-2010, 06:13 AM

3. Unlink your account.

Just did this and it worked for me. Thanks, now I finally have that stupid achievement.

St1ngr
11-20-2010, 12:21 PM

3. Unlink your account.

Yeah worked for me aswell - Superb!

Thank you for posting this solution, was worried I would be stuck with a odd gamerscore forever as sad as that may sound lol

ponypo2001
11-20-2010, 10:35 PM
Also worked for me. Thank God I finally got it done. Thank you for posting a method that 100% works.

stevie vip 99
11-22-2010, 05:45 PM
Still not working for me. I can't try the signing out method as I've not registered before with them.

Starting to get on my tits this is now :mad:

SpiralGamerpro
11-23-2010, 12:43 AM
congrats on the 1000 on cod, not. did u enjoy the game at least?? gotta say, barely a week since its been out and u have the full 1000? pretty pathetic bud, i hope your mommy is at least proud of you. Dick.:rant:

DarkMellow
11-23-2010, 12:00 PM
Its having trouble reconizing my code, I've made a new account without linking, and then followed the steps from a post above and got to #7 where i just logged in again then tried linking account from there, it says the code is "all good!" and put in my gamertag, when I link it says my code is invalid. Anyway of getting around this? I tried linking account while setting a new account but wouldnt work then kept saying email and user name was taken.

SpiritBlood
11-25-2010, 08:01 AM
I've got the same problem as darkmellow, it keeps saying the code is all good (even if I put in a total random one with the same number of digids). But when I try to sign in it keeps saying 'Invalid' so I tried to make a new account and link it and nothing is happening. I tried using my gt as my username first, but it said it was already in use, although I never made it... lol

I did link my account for rockband 2, but that was via facebook which i cant log in with anymore

edit: I tried to do it whitout signing in, and now it says the linking code is already in use but not on my rockband profile

xXthefragileXx
11-27-2010, 02:07 AM
I had the problem with the achievement not popping from launch up until Tuesday.. While searching the rockband.com forums for an answer, their site went "down" (ie: any attempt to go to the site gave me the "we're fine tuning the site for the release of Rock Band 3" page from launch day). Checked back an hour or so later and the site was back up so I turned on my 360, started up RB3 and the achievement popped.

Only thing I can think is that maybe they were having issues on the site with certain accounts and fixed them during that downtime. So for the people who originally linked to their existing rb.com accounts and are now having issues with their new accounts (saying the code is in use, etc.) may want to try again with their old accounts.

Or it was just a fluke on my part. Either way I figured it couldn't hurt to let people know =)

MrHouse187
11-27-2010, 08:20 AM
I still can't make an account. They're still 'rocking out too hard'. Ugh.

stevie vip 99
11-27-2010, 09:14 AM
I still can't make an account. They're still 'rocking out too hard'. Ugh.

Yep same here, I've tried 100's of times now but still no luck with this!

Dark Umbra
11-27-2010, 08:05 PM
I tried using that method, and it did not work for me... :(
I guess I'll be stuck with a 4 or a 9 at the end of my gamerscore for forever now...

EDIT: Nevermind, I restarted my Xbox, and started up RB3 again, and boom, achievement unlocked.

tsigo
11-28-2010, 08:14 PM

3. Unlink your account.

Did not work for me. :(

Edit: Worked the second time. Thanks!

SpiritBlood
11-29-2010, 04:41 PM
the rockband site won't let me sign in, even when i press the 'forgot password' link it says it sent me an email which i never get so i cant unlink it anymore lol

SpiritBlood
11-29-2010, 05:00 PM
edit: maybe it's because ive always logged in via my facebook account??!?, which cant be done anymore..

BiohazardSEGA
11-30-2010, 12:24 AM
Okay, how about this one:

- I have succesfully entered the linking code on the rockband website, it did not say anything about a wrongfully entered code or anything.
- Rockband.com shows everything I have done in the game. Updates, Goals, everything.
- I do have the setlist sharing goal, in the game and on the website.
- NO achievement

So Rock Band 3 IS updating the website, on my profile, no problem.
I DO NOT get the achievement. What the hell :-(

Lou Keymia
12-01-2010, 03:16 PM
I fixed it! I have more than one account on my X-Box, so the code linked to the first account I have. Log in to every account you have on www.rockband.com and whichever one has automatically linked, unlink it. Then, re-link your account, and it'll work. This also works if you have more than one Gold membership on the same X-Box; link one, get the achievement, unlink, and link others for the achievement.

BeatMastaBran
12-02-2010, 05:20 PM
I am having the same problem as a few other people stated above. I cant even make an account as it says "We've rocked out too hard".........

Is there any solution to this?

XdarXideX
12-04-2010, 02:56 PM
I too have the same problem regarding trying to sign up to rockband.com. To the guys having the same problem... where are you from exactly? I have a feeling this is a problem only for those outside of the US.

The biggest issue with this "rocking out too hard" problem is that we are unable to even enter and post on the official forums to ask for help because it's all linked. Can any of you guys already able to sign in to RockBand.com raise this issue on their forums? It's getting annoying that MTV (it's not EA's problem) are ignoring all this.

BeatMastaBran
12-04-2010, 05:52 PM
Well I am from the US and am having the problem. I have been trying to link my game since release date and have always gotten this rocked out too hard error....

phenixdwn
12-09-2010, 06:29 AM

3. Unlink your account.

Just wanted to add this worked for me as well!

hydroxyde
12-10-2010, 01:26 AM
Above worked after going back to the dashboard a few times. Thanks :)

phenixdwn
12-10-2010, 04:51 PM
I honestly think it has something to do with your Gamertag being signed in while you are trying to link. Someone should try writing down the code first then signing out of Xbox live and then trying to link before signing back in.

EDIT: at least if this is the issue you can skip the whole "make a second acoount" deal.

XtremeChaosKid
12-13-2010, 03:35 PM

3. Unlink your account.

I am from the UK. i went to rockband.com but it says i am using the site from another region. do i go to rockband3.co.uk? if not where is the sign-in tab?

Timmythebadger
12-13-2010, 04:33 PM
Thanks to the-Damien I finally manage to got this achievement !
After hundred of error messages on the rock band site.

Thank you man I was ready to kill myself with this!!! :Bounce:

For XtremeChaosKid (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=112700) I had the same problem as you in France. Juste don't click on rockband3.co.uk (.fr.de.se)
and just click on Visit RockBand.com below. And after follow THE-Damien method ^^ and enjoy these 6 f..... points. :woop:

stevie vip 99
12-14-2010, 03:01 AM
Thanks to the-Damien I finally manage to got this achievement !
After hundred of error messages on the rock band site.

Thank you man I was ready to kill myself with this!!! :Bounce:

For XtremeChaosKid (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=112700) I had the same problem as you in France. Juste don't click on rockband3.co.uk (.fr.de.se)
and just click on Visit RockBand.com below. And after follow THE-Damien method ^^ and enjoy these 6 f..... points. :woop:

The problem with this method is that you already need an account to sign out of, and as loads of us can't create an account to start with then this method is pretty useless I'm afraid.

The whole system is poor all round, this shouldn't have been broken to start with!

Professor Pie
12-25-2010, 08:16 PM
Above worked after going back to the dashboard a few times. Thanks :)
Same here. Had to go to dashboard twice before it unlocked after using the second account method.

VickBack
12-26-2010, 03:34 PM
My game won't even link with the website... Every time I've tried to put the code in it says that it or my gamertag is invalid... I'm going mental! I've made about 4 accounts on rb.com to do it and one from signing into Facebook but the code won't work on any of them! Can anyone help me?

That method up on here won't work for me at all coz I'm not even linked in the first place like... So annoying!

Feanor5503
12-27-2010, 05:39 PM
I am having the exact same problem, VickBack, and so are quite a few other people:

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207594&page=6

I just sent an email to Harmonix support and I attached a picture of my TV screen showing my Xbox gamer tag and the Linking Code they keep saying are invalid.

ABouncingSoul
12-28-2010, 03:45 PM
I've been having problems with this too. Not sure what the problem is, but I get this message:

Somethingís wrong! Either that web code or that gamer tag is invalid. Why donít you try it again?

I honestly don't remember if I linked it to RB2 or not - if I did, how would I be able to find out? I've also tried signing out of live and doing it, but can't get anything to work.

TornShaun
12-28-2010, 04:58 PM
I've been having problems with this too. Not sure what the problem is, but I get this message:

Somethingís wrong! Either that web code or that gamer tag is invalid. Why donít you try it again?

I honestly don't remember if I linked it to RB2 or not - if I did, how would I be able to find out? I've also tried signing out of live and doing it, but can't get anything to work.

I'm getting the exact same annoying message, i've signed up with 3 different usernames now on rockband.com and i get the same message even though the code and gamertag is correct :( this stupid cheevo is driving me insane lol

VickBack
12-29-2010, 02:04 PM
Still no joy at all with the Rock Band same thing still happening! It's beyond a joke at this stage :( Have ya heard anything from Harmonix Feanor?

ABouncingSoul
12-29-2010, 05:27 PM

Just tried mine again today, and it worked! The servers must have been down or something over the last few days.

Jericholic101
12-29-2010, 05:30 PM
I was able last night to get my account to link on rockband.com but did not get the achievement to pop in game. Does anyone know what triggers it in the game? Thanks in advance.

Feanor5503
12-30-2010, 03:51 AM
Still no joy at all with the Rock Band same thing still happening! It's beyond a joke at this stage :( Have ya heard anything from Harmonix Feanor?

No, but I just tried entering the code again and it finally worked.

And I loaded up the game and the Achievement popped up right away thank god.

stevie vip 99
12-30-2010, 07:09 PM
Still won't work for me, tried every day since this has been out and still can't get their fucking website to work! This is a joke now.

I e mailed them ages ago and they replied saying I must be doing it wrong! Fucking amateurs!

Justintimekidz
12-30-2010, 07:14 PM
Just wanted to add this worked for me as well!

yeah same here.