PDA

View Full Version : Why I will be waiting a LONG time to play this game

Owen H Brown
11-15-2010, 07:10 AM
I cannot believe I have been waiting three years for this game.

I invite you to read this thread where I lovingly express my taste for Two Worlds in detail and express that the formula for the ultimate single-player, free-roam RPG had already been laid:

http://www.insidetwoworlds.com/showthread.php?t=29063 (http://www.insidetwoworlds.com/showthread.php?t=29063)

I checked the scant news available in English, I read the official page and I rushed to buy a pre-order copy (via eBay) for full price.

Having read that the TW2 has a tiny main quest, nowhere near the amount of land and sidequests and what seems to be an ENTIRE island restricted to those who care about multiplayer, I am not in much of a hurry anymore.

I do not recall any of the media stating that the MP/SP system was exclusive to the point where an entire island that tantalises solo RPG player was close to totally deprived of them.

The developers had it RIGHT with the old Antloor. We were able to forgive the moronic stain that was Yamalin town enough to enjoy the beautiful rolling landscape.

Now it seems you have to squish yourself onto two islands unless you insist on playing with a friend.

I believe this is poor form and far from the original spark I believed was in the developers minds... an Oblivion killer. I think the developers have created a grossly falied interpretation of what RPG fans want, with some bizarre MMO/SP double pack. It's Yamalin all over again.

I LOVE the genre too much not to buy this game, but I will be waiting to see what unfolds and how fast the price will fall. The eBay seller had to delay because his supplier was working with South Peak, I opted for a refund over waiting.

I honestly HOPE that South Peak kind of said to RP "Hey man WTF is this? The Americans/Brits/Aussies/Canadians aren't expecting this? GO AND FIX IT".

If that was the reality, it makes RP liars, and I could believe that based on the Single Player neglect that I am reading.

So TW2.... Unless some very good news regarding the Australian version comes out... I'll see you when you're $30 AUS

EDIT: This forum link has stoked much of my fire

http://board.zuxxez.com/showthread.php?t=35760

olcsi2
11-15-2010, 10:23 AM
I am now 8 hrs into the game and an hour ago I finished chapter 1 and maybe half of the side quests that came up so far. There are 7 chapters altogether, so I am really curious how long the game will be.

So far I think its an amazing game and honestly I wont mind if it only lasts for 15 more hrs, but it stays as enjoyable as it is now.

In addition.. there is the "multiplayer" which is actually something you can play alone as well. It's a separate storyline with seven missions, the first one took about an hour, so if its 7 more hrs, thats not bad neither.

Dcon6393
12-07-2010, 04:19 PM
Man I hope that isnt true, i really want a huge land to explore. Oblivion was massive and I loved it, same with Fallout 3. If the whole island is only available on co-op that would kinda suck, maybe i can get my cousin to get it. In one of the other threads i read about doing multiplayer campaign missions alone, so maybe that is a way to explore everything.

PenderPowguin
12-08-2010, 04:15 PM
I cannot believe I have been waiting three years for this game.

I invite you to read this thread where I lovingly express my taste for Two Worlds in detail and express that the formula for the ultimate single-player, free-roam RPG had already been laid:

http://www.insidetwoworlds.com/showthread.php?t=29063 (http://www.insidetwoworlds.com/showthread.php?t=29063)

I checked the scant news available in English, I read the official page and I rushed to buy a pre-order copy (via eBay) for full price.

Having read that the TW2 has a tiny main quest, nowhere near the amount of land and sidequests and what seems to be an ENTIRE island restricted to those who care about multiplayer, I am not in much of a hurry anymore.

I do not recall any of the media stating that the MP/SP system was exclusive to the point where an entire island that tantalises solo RPG player was close to totally deprived of them.

The developers had it RIGHT with the old Antloor. We were able to forgive the moronic stain that was Yamalin town enough to enjoy the beautiful rolling landscape.

Now it seems you have to squish yourself onto two islands unless you insist on playing with a friend.

I believe this is poor form and far from the original spark I believed was in the developers minds... an Oblivion killer. I think the developers have created a grossly falied interpretation of what RPG fans want, with some bizarre MMO/SP double pack. It's Yamalin all over again.

I LOVE the genre too much not to buy this game, but I will be waiting to see what unfolds and how fast the price will fall. The eBay seller had to delay because his supplier was working with South Peak, I opted for a refund over waiting.

I honestly HOPE that South Peak kind of said to RP "Hey man WTF is this? The Americans/Brits/Aussies/Canadians aren't expecting this? GO AND FIX IT".

If that was the reality, it makes RP liars, and I could believe that based on the Single Player neglect that I am reading.

So TW2.... Unless some very good news regarding the Australian version comes out... I'll see you when you're $30 AUS

EDIT: This forum link has stoked much of my fire

http://board.zuxxez.com/showthread.php?t=35760

First off, depending on how you play these types of games you can get a solid 25-40 hours from the main quest alone.

Second, the island you're talking about(that's closed) is called Elkanros or something like that and it's NOT completely cut off only some of it. You can still explore a solid chunk of it and it's also used in the Main Quest.

SouthPeak sold it's UK rights back to TopWare so Uk isn't SouthPeak anymore but they're still holding on until the Jan 4th 2011 release date, probably due to the 'Gold Patch' that's coming.

No one at RP lied to anyone, people assume as they always do before a games release and then pout and cry when their assumptions are false.

Man I hope that isnt true, i really want a huge land to explore. Oblivion was massive and I loved it, same with Fallout 3. If the whole island is only available on co-op that would kinda suck, maybe i can get my cousin to get it. In one of the other threads i read about doing multiplayer campaign missions alone, so maybe that is a way to explore everything.

And you'll have plenty to explore, don't let the fact that the entire island of Elkanros isn't explorable defer you from this game. It's only PART of the island that is closed, and that may change in the future. This game still has a butt load of hours of enjoyment to be had. If you like magic in Rpg's experimenting and exploring this field alone can give you hours of fun.

Dcon6393
12-08-2010, 09:16 PM
And you'll have plenty to explore, don't let the fact that the entire island of Elkanros isn't explorable defer you from this game. It's only PART of the island that is closed, and that may change in the future. This game still has a butt load of hours of enjoyment to be had. If you like magic in Rpg's experimenting and exploring this field alone can give you hours of fun.

Yeah, i am still getting the game, just do not want to be denied sections of the map if i am playing alone. Man this game might force me to enjoy magic, i was strickly stealth in Oblivion and a straight fighter in two worlds. The magic system looks sick tho.

Sentyu
12-09-2010, 03:53 PM
1player and multiplayer are separate, multiplayer has 7 fixed maps that get bigger and harder and it took me 35 hours to do all but the last boss, and a few quests for each faction currently at 38hours clearing up achievements and generally murdering things :D so to the OP definatly worth buying if you can get hold of it, don't wait any longer and as for the cut off part its the biggest island which you visit a swamp / town area and the last boss... its a waste of an island but there is so much more to do and i've rushed most of it and still not done.