PDA

View Full Version : Quick questions about Alan Wake,,,

Mikazu
11-15-2010, 07:35 PM
I was wondering few things about this game and i thought that I could ask for you guys what do you think about this game.

1) The game costs 20 in Finland. Is it worth of money?
2) How many hours takes to complete campaign without speed running?
3) How easy 1000G is this between 1 - 10?
4) Then what about DLC's? easy achievements?

There might be another thread(s) for these questions but i found asking much more easier than searhing proper thread.

Jellybean468
11-15-2010, 10:58 PM
DEFINITELY worth the buy. It'll keep you entertained for a long while, not to mention the DLC's and all the achievement focussed levels. Achievement difficulty I'd rate at 6 or 7 out of 10 and the campaign will take about 8 hours maybe? But that's just normal difficulty.

In summary, it's a great game and the DLC's, especially the Writer, are good buys.

ThunderingLefty
11-16-2010, 12:00 AM
Figure on about 2 hours per chapter (6 total) while getting collectibles. Use a guide. I used the color-coded one. It is 99% perfect.

Then figure on another 60 minutes to 90 minutes or so for cleaning up missed achievements (mainly these 3: Night Life in Bright Falls, Meet the Deadline, and Gunless Wonder).

Nightmare mode is another 8 hours or so if you run and only fight when necessary.

I havent tried the DLC yet so I cant help you there.

Overall, the base 1000 is about a 5/10 for me, with a few tricky spots.

amacteur
11-16-2010, 02:39 PM
The selling price has dropped in almost every country now :D

But it definitely worth it, you can buy this game with no hesitation (you should also get The Signal for free if it's a new game, so this is a pretty good deal).

To answer your questions:

1) The game costs 20 in Finland. Is it worth of money?
So, yes...

2) How many hours takes to complete campaign without speed running?
If you take your time, enjoy the game and play smooth, it should take you around 20 or 25 hours (it depends if you planning to get collectibles as well or not).

3) How easy 1000G is this between 1 - 10?
I'd say 4 or 5. This is not a hard game, it's just a little time consuming (because of collectibles and the fact that you have to complete the game at least 2 times if you want to get all the achievements)

4) Then what about DLC's? easy achievements?
I really enjoyed both of them. One (the signal) is included for free in the game (if buying a new one) and the other (the writer) only costs 560MP, fair enough. The achievements are not hard, except for the 2 where you need to complete each DLC without reloading or dying. But you should find some tips in the appropriate sections of the forum to help you out.

I hope ths will help you to make the good choice :)

Buruma
11-16-2010, 07:32 PM
1) I think so but I also paid $60 for this game. This is one of the few games that I didn't sell after getting 100%.
2) It probably took me 10+ hours to complete the main story but I was being very thorough and had trouble locating a few of the collectibles in the woods.
3) The achievements in the main story are pretty easy. I'd say 4/10 at most, even with Nightmare mode.
4) Most of the DLC achievements are pretty easy. Personally, I only had trouble with Run On Sentence (The Signal). That one was approx. 7/10 because of the # of Taken that are present. It's not impossible, just rather annoying.