PDA

View Full Version : getting frustrated

Canadian Gamerling
11-16-2010, 02:36 AM
alright so im loving this game and the fact that its got WAY more cards a funner gameplay concept than magic on the 360... but is any1 else finding the single player a little repetitive and annoying? i think i've only gotten to the 2nd part like 3x and only beat the 1st person once then died on the second!

so my question is that the single player is a bit to difficult?

Moogle356
11-16-2010, 03:37 AM
it might be a little hard at first with the cards you start off with but i like it like that the AI is MUCH smarter than other yu-gi-oh games i have played.

hydrosugar
11-16-2010, 08:15 AM
yes i agree challenge is good. what i want though is more opponents. i dont know much about the show but im sure they could fit in more npc duelists. if nothing else im sure some 1st gen opponents couldnt hurt.

matthunt1984
11-16-2010, 09:12 AM
Agree also.

Took me a fair few playthroughs to get to the semis / finals, and I've beat Yusei two out of three times now - never seen Jack tho!

Just make sure to try make good scores, and edit your deck to make the most of the loot. As is the case with most of these games the deck is more important than skill, although skill is still important.

Nazka Asmodeus
11-16-2010, 06:28 PM
it might be a little hard at first with the cards you start off with but i like it like that the AI is MUCH smarter than other yu-gi-oh games i have played.

It's their deck that are much more powerful than our starter deck.. I found that the AI was pretty dumb actually.. how many times have I seen them counter anything not necessarily critical with Solemn Judgment and lose 4000LP! This is just one of many exemple! :rolleyes:

hawaiianruler
11-17-2010, 03:01 AM
It's their deck that are much more powerful than our starter deck.. I found that the AI was pretty dumb actually.. how many times have I seen them counter anything not necessarily critical with Solemn Judgment and lose 4000LP! This is just one of many exemple! :rolleyes:

It is awesome to get peeks into their hand with the trap that lets you guess a card and if it is right they lose 700 life points. You would be amazed at how many times they hold a card that they could use to win and don't ever play it.

PsychoPandaRR
11-17-2010, 03:49 AM
I'd say it is for novice players. They deck you start out with isn't the best, but it isn't the worst either. Like in real life it all boils down to what cards you have in your hand. The only thing I wish was, is that you could trade cards to other players online. The campaign is very repetitive, but really all you're doing is dueling different decks.

Beating Jack and Yusei was easy for me, But I can see that their decks can be a bit broken. some of the other computer decks were very broken. I had more of a hard time with some of the burner decks that any of the other decks. That and blackwing decks since they tend to swarm the field.

Another thing I kinda wish they would have established was some type of point system where you get points then spend them in the shop to get new booster packs. That would have been much better, but I figure they are going to make as much money off DLC as they can. Can't say that I blame them though.

Nazka Asmodeus
11-17-2010, 04:38 AM
Another thing I kinda wish they would have established was some type of point system where you get points then spend them in the shop to get new booster packs. That would have been much better, but I figure they are going to make as much money off DLC as they can. Can't say that I blame them though.

Well I blame them! How come the Wii is getting a full retail game and we get an 10$ arcade game (that really is worth 10$)?? Why not just port the darn game for Xbox and PS3?? I would have paid for a full retail game!

PsychoPandaRR
11-17-2010, 05:12 AM
Well I blame them! How come the Wii is getting a full retail game and we get an 10$ arcade game (that really is worth 10$)?? Why not just port the darn game for Xbox and PS3?? I would have paid for a full retail game!

To get more money out of you...it's the ugly truth.. and we will all pay to play. =/

Nazka Asmodeus
11-17-2010, 11:39 AM
To get more money out of you...it's the ugly truth.. and we will all pay to play. =/

That entirely depends how those DLC will work.. If they're worth it, I'll buy, but if they're not, well let's just say that'll give me one good reason to have my Wii stop accumulating the dust! haha! :P

Canadian Gamerling
11-18-2010, 03:29 PM
any1 know what the difference is on the Wii and 360 versions?

as an update to my first post i have gotten a better deck but it maxxed at 60 cards with a few extras... so things are looking up but i really wanna move my deck to a maximum of 45-50 but cant at the moment!

Pegasus Tenma
11-18-2010, 05:42 PM
Pros have a 40 card deck

Nazka Asmodeus
11-18-2010, 06:53 PM
any1 know what the difference is on the Wii and 360 versions?

A lot! For starters, the Wii game has every cards in the book, or at least, lacks a very few of them. About 4500 to be exact, compared to 1000 for the 360. You will be able to earn dualist points from duels and buy card packs or single cards with those points. And it will also bear a much deeper single player mode than Decade Duels..

as an update to my first post i have gotten a better deck but it maxxed at 60 cards with a few extras... so things are looking up but i really wanna move my deck to a maximum of 45-50 but cant at the moment!

Yeah, you should try to trim that deck a bit. Keeping your deck closer to 40 cards will make your draws more significant... and make dead draws less probable..

Canadian Gamerling
11-19-2010, 02:53 PM
well as it stands my trunk is at 300-350 and has cards from every single deck possible... which makes it extremely hard to go to 40 with a set deck! so right now im just getting my cards and biding my time until i can have a good deck. I REALLY want a dragon deck or gladiator beast deck but im stuck with a warrior deck which is ok right now but is WAY to cluttered.

Nazka Asmodeus
11-19-2010, 05:50 PM
well as it stands my trunk is at 300-350 and has cards from every single deck possible... which makes it extremely hard to go to 40 with a set deck! so right now im just getting my cards and biding my time until i can have a good deck.

Yeah, at first you can't really go into a whole "themed" deck... hell, I'm at 920 cards in my trunk and I'm still not able to make the deck I want... It's as if I'm always missing a few key cards for a said archetype... XD

how many times have I seen them counter anything not necessarily critical with Solemn Judgment and lose 4000LP! This is just one of many exemple! :rolleyes:

Hey, as an update to that post, something of the like happened to me again! The AI was at 3000LP, I'm about to activate a Just Dessert that would have dealt him 1000LP of damage, then counters with SJ... and lose 1500LP... oh well! haha!

Canadian Gamerling
11-20-2010, 12:56 AM
i moved to a 40card deck and it seems to be working out for now but theres definately some cards i could switch out and even add a couple!

The 8lue Ace
11-21-2010, 01:01 AM
Try a yubel stall deck using final countdown against the A.I, The A.I has no idea how to deal with yubels 2nd form as destroying it summons the 3rd form and it can't be killed by monsters, the only way the A.I stops you is by control cards like mark of the rose or brain control, with yubels 2nd form out, the A.I stops playing monsters because it knows they will just get destroyed.

Its so fun to trick A.I's;)

Canadian Gamerling
11-22-2010, 02:11 PM
i was actually thinking about that but im missing a couple key cards to play that out... like his third form but once i get it i will try it out! until then im stuck trying to luck out with my 40piece warrior/tuner deck :(

Nazka Asmodeus
11-22-2010, 08:25 PM
I finally got my Sangan... 200+ single duels and 920 unique cards later... They really made farming a b!tch in this game... I feel like we've been brought back to the prehistoric age of yugioh videogames... XD

Synysterdragon
11-23-2010, 10:21 AM
I feel like we've been brought back to the prehistoric age of yugioh videogames... XD

I know. I hate the fact that Konami couldn't include a Free Duel mode.

Canadian Gamerling
11-23-2010, 02:15 PM
tsk tsk.... but what can you do when you pay $8 for a game?! its still fun nonetheless but it IS getting repetitive as fuck!

DeeJayMark
11-24-2010, 01:20 AM
I just dont get why EVERY other Yu-Gi-Oh games have the same kinda things, like free duel mode, recipe duel mode, "free" tournament, DP points to buy booster packs, customisable Characters etc...
But on the Xbox, noooo we get the poor excuse of a game with nothing when if i remember correctly, when it was announced in april, it was supposed to be fully customisable and bla bla bla...

Konami and the "we dont really care about gamers, all we want is their money".
Getting tired of these gaming companies ....

Canadian Gamerling
11-24-2010, 02:05 AM
I just dont get why EVERY other Yu-Gi-Oh games have the same kinda things, like free duel mode, recipe duel mode, "free" tournament, DP points to buy booster packs, customisable Characters etc...
But on the Xbox, noooo we get the poor excuse of a game with nothing when if i remember correctly, when it was announced in april, it was supposed to be fully customisable and bla bla bla...

Konami and the "we dont really care about gamers, all we want is their money".
Getting tired of these gaming companies ....

its not THAT bad... i mean for $8 you get what you paid for! honestly i think that the only thing that gets annoying is the single player repetitiveness but the online is fun cause of the interesting decks you run into!

DeeJayMark
11-24-2010, 06:09 AM
its not THAT bad... i mean for $8 you get what you paid for! honestly i think that the only thing that gets annoying is the single player repetitiveness but the online is fun cause of the interesting decks you run into!

Ya i agree, but every game 3500 cards, this one 1000???
i mean decks online would be ALOT more fun to competes again if all the cards were there, i mean, whats the point of making an online game when the support aint there ?

Canadian Gamerling
11-24-2010, 12:53 PM
i think their in it for the money really.... they put out a game worth what you buy it for and are gonna put out a bunch of DLC! as to when and where is comes out is a mystery!

JPX Brutality
11-24-2010, 01:08 PM
my biggest complaint is that the cards that you can only have a certain amount of continue to unlock even after you have reached the max available to be used in a deck. Why? If I can only use 2 Necrofaces then why do I continue to unlock them. I personally am up to about 3 to 4 of every limited card, and I keep getting cards I already own. I think in the past 20 matches I've won 15 or so have yielded 15 cards that I already had while the other 5 included 1 or 2 that I didn't have yet. I spend all this time grinding for cards and I'm getting cards I can't even use.

Canadian Gamerling
11-24-2010, 11:10 PM
man i TOTALLY agree with that... ya i definately think thats an oversite!

hydrosugar
11-25-2010, 11:27 AM
my biggest complaint is that the cards that you can only have a certain amount of continue to unlock even after you have reached the max available to be used in a deck. Why? If I can only use 2 Necrofaces then why do I continue to unlock them. I personally am up to about 3 to 4 of every limited card, and I keep getting cards I already own. I think in the past 20 matches I've won 15 or so have yielded 15 cards that I already had while the other 5 included 1 or 2 that I didn't have yet. I spend all this time grinding for cards and I'm getting cards I can't even use.
yeah and once you get 3 of a non limited card it should also stop unlocking. on another note i got a monster reborn in my first match and was excited before i realised i couldnt use it