PDA

View Full Version : fuck this game and its hammer-ons!

D4B0MB1N4T10N
11-16-2010, 05:06 AM
i was just playing green grass and high tides on expert guitar, and fucking failed because of the shitty hammer-ons.

i had no problem playing this song on rock band 2 for some reason, but on rock band 3 i cant. i would normally get 94-95% on the first solo, can only get about 90% now, and i failed at like 40% on the second one.

this game seems different compared to RB2, and i seem to be doing worse on these songs in RB3 than i was in RB2. fricking bullshit.

when i can export my RB3 songs for RB2??? (obviously i cant).

D4B0MB1N4T10N
11-16-2010, 05:19 AM
now i only get 92% on exert guitar less talk more rokk, whereas in RB2 i would get high 90's (95 or higher).

what the hell is going on? im ready to snap my stupid guitar.

mikachu93
11-16-2010, 05:30 AM
Why does it seem you do nothing but complain about "shitty this and shitty that" on every single forum you comment on?

Calibrate your game.

D4B0MB1N4T10N
11-16-2010, 05:35 AM
Why does it seem you do nothing but complain about "shitty this and shitty that" on every single forum you comment on?

Calibrate your game.

ive calibrated it numerous times. reason i complain so much is because the developers nowadays dont know a thing when it comes to making a good game.

seems like none of them actually play their own games, and therefore dont realize how bad they are and that they need fixing (patches). its frustrating. if i made a game, i would be sure to address any concerns/issues people are having as soon as i could.

i know its easier said than done, but at least that is commitment.

RealistIdealist
11-16-2010, 06:34 AM
They just made Hammer On's and Pull Off's harder to hit because you must be more accurate. How does that make them "[not] know a thing when it comes to making a good game"?

seems like none of them actually play their own games, and therefore dont realize how bad they are and that they need fixing (patches)

Are you kidding? I went to Comic-Con and the makers sit right there and fill in for people who don't have a full band. Also there's numerous videos that show that they play their own games.

Just get used to how HOPO's work in this game, after a while you'll get used to it. Also maybe it's because you're on a flat screen or plasma or something, I can only play RB/GH games 100% when I'm on a CRT so I don't buy any new TV's..

Didi Mau
11-16-2010, 09:09 AM
Have you tried calibrating the game +20/+20 higher than your RB2's calibration (i.e., if RB2 was 40/-10 use 60/10 on RB3)? That seems to be a common fix for most players; the actual calibration tests in RB3 seem completely worthless to me compared to the previous game, gives me random figures every time I try it. I've read this should also work if you have trouble playing on the Green Day disc, though I don't have that game to confirm.

The only difference I've noted in regards to HOPO's was I have a harder time than I used to combo'ing descending quads in Freebird. Assuming they're the same rhythm they were in GH2 (which I can hit and so am replicating in this game), I could theorise the front-end timing window gets smaller when note sections get too condensed.

I messed up tapping GG&HT's outro as well now that I think about it, but I put that down to simply not playing it in forever. I certainly didn't have any trouble with the HOPO's in any other part of the song, so this sounds like a calibration issue.

FrankWaternator
11-16-2010, 12:51 PM
i was just playing green grass and high tides on expert guitar, and fucking failed because of the shitty hammer-ons.

i had no problem playing this song on rock band 2 for some reason, but on rock band 3 i cant. i would normally get 94-95% on the first solo, can only get about 90% now, and i failed at like 40% on the second one.

this game seems different compared to RB2, and i seem to be doing worse on these songs in RB3 than i was in RB2. fricking bullshit.

when i can export my RB3 songs for RB2??? (obviously i cant).
I've found that if you've played a gh title recently and try to play ANY rockband game after, you'll need to adjust yourself to the gameplay. I find the GH series was all about throwing random notes at you but was more flexible when it came to your timing. Rockband games try to give you the closest thing to the actual sheet music and be more requiring when it comes to timing everything. Especially Ho-Po which is a good thing. If that's not your problem. Use one of the more recent RB guitar (ex: beetles RB guitar) to autocalibrate you system as the manual calibration using %100 acurate.

JohnnyR74
11-17-2010, 12:35 AM
Personally, I think this game is slightly easier with HOPOs. In terms of instruments, I'm a drummer first, vocalist second, and guitar/bass third. On guitar, I've 5*ed Devil's Island and Bad Omen, and GSed Prequel to the Sequel, and I know I definitely couldn't do that on RB2.

Of course I'm probably getting better naturally just by playing, but it feels like they are little more lenient to me.

x352x pH
11-17-2010, 03:19 PM
Rock Band games have shitty HOPO's period. They're harder to see and have VERY narrow timing windows. GH has far better HOPO's. GH3 will always have the best HOPO's.. they were PERFECT.

x352x pH
11-17-2010, 03:33 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/Jo_Jo/beatlesdrumsFGGS.png
btw that is the lamest shit ever. everyone knows the Beatles RB was the easiest shit ever.. why don't you pointlessly brag some more? lol

TA Sasuke
11-17-2010, 03:36 PM
GH3 will always have the best HOPO's.. they were PERFECT.

lmao thats funny

x352x pH
11-17-2010, 03:45 PM
lmao thats funny
why is that?

TA Sasuke
11-17-2010, 04:11 PM
GH3's hammer ons were fucking easy mode man

JohnnyR74
11-17-2010, 04:22 PM
btw that is the lamest shit ever. everyone knows the Beatles RB was the easiest shit ever.. why don't you pointlessly brag some more? lol When I added that to my signature, I wasn't aware it could make someone so upset. It's just a forum signature. Sure it isn't a hard accomplishment, but I can post whatever accomplishments I want to.

In comparison, why the hell do I care that you've played Halo 3 since 2008? I don't really give a shit, but you don't see me dedicating a whole post to pointing it out.

Also, hard hammer-ons =/= shitty hammer-ons. Guitar Hero hammer-ons are a joke. What's the point of having difficult songs if the game engine holds your hand through it?

x352x pH
11-17-2010, 04:58 PM
When I added that to my signature, I wasn't aware it could make someone so upset. It's just a forum signature. Sure it isn't a hard accomplishment, but I can post whatever accomplishments I want to.

In comparison, why the hell do I care that you've played Halo 3 since 2008? I don't really give a shit, but you don't see me dedicating a whole post to pointing it out.

Also, hard hammer-ons =/= shitty hammer-ons. Guitar Hero hammer-ons are a joke. What's the point of having difficult songs if the game engine holds your hand through it?
its a Bungie card dipshit, im just reppin Bungie not boasting "accomplishments." Also I think its funny your ragging on GH HOPO's when guitar isn't even your main instrument. beat TTFAF on expert and come say that again.

x352x pH
11-17-2010, 05:01 PM
GH3's hammer ons were fucking easy mode man
coming from the guy that only has 540 gamerscore in GH3 lol, nice.

bob150
11-17-2010, 05:05 PM
GH3 will always have the best HOPO's.. they were PERFECT.
lmao thats funny

Lmao x2
Of course they were they were perfect, they required NO timing

JohnnyR74
11-17-2010, 05:06 PM
its a Bungie card dipshit, im just reppin Bungie not boasting "accomplishments." Also I think its funny your ragging on GH HOPO's when guitar isn't even your main instrument. beat TTFAF on expert and come say that again.

Well, in that case im just reppin Beatles: Rock Band. I really don't see why I can't talk about hammer-ons just because I'm better at drums. Whether I've beat TTFAF or not, GH hammer-ons are far easier and everyone knows it.

x352x pH
11-17-2010, 05:10 PM
Well, in that case im just reppin Beatles: Rock Band. I really don't see why I can't talk about hammer-ons just because I'm better at drums. Whether I've beat TTFAF or not, GH hammer-ons are far easier and everyone knows it.
okay, i didn't know you were equating boasting to repping. in that case my apologies, lol

TA Sasuke
11-17-2010, 05:10 PM
nice.

Thanks for the compliment ;)

mikachu93
11-17-2010, 07:41 PM
btw that is the lamest shit ever. everyone knows the Beatles RB was the easiest shit ever.. why don't you pointlessly brag some more? lol
Wouldn't those 'completed games' stats in your sig be bragging and boasting, by your own definition?

I can't even see why you'd be here if you dislike Rock Band so much, unless you're here to fuel the fire with your "gh did it furst tey rox" hate.

x352x pH
11-17-2010, 11:15 PM
Wouldn't those 'completed games' stats in your sig be bragging and boasting, by your own definition?

I can't even see why you'd be here if you dislike Rock Band so much, unless you're here to fuel the fire with your "gh did it furst tey rox" hate.
sure, but im not boasting about taking candy from a baby, lol. and were just talking about HOPO's here buddy, not whether one game is better than the other.. no one even came close to saying that come to think of it...

mikachu93
11-17-2010, 11:25 PM
sure, but im not boasting about taking candy from a baby, lol. and were just talking about HOPO's here buddy, not whether one game is better than the other.. no one even came close to saying that come to think of it...
Um... what? You don't remember "GH has far better HOPO's. GH3 will always have the best HOPO's," which you posted, IIRC?

x352x pH
11-17-2010, 11:57 PM
Um... what? You don't remember "GH has far better HOPO's. GH3 will always have the best HOPO's," which you posted, IIRC?
really? did you even read what you quoted in that post "were just talking about HOPO's here buddy, not whether one game is better than the other" hmm...

arasma
11-18-2010, 07:53 AM
coming from the guy that only has 540 gamerscore in GH3 lol, nice.

Gamerscore =/= Skill. At least 350 from this game comes from online and co-op, just because someone doesn't have someone capable of playing expert gh within a reasonable distance, doesn't mean they themselves aren't good.

On the actual topic of hammer-ons, you're right in some way, I do think GH3's were the best, but only because as people said, they were the easiest, the timing window was massive and is definitely the simplest of the music genre, that's not to say Rock Band's timing window isn't a LOT tighter, but it doesn't make them bad.

D4B0MB1N4T10N
11-18-2010, 07:58 AM
Have you tried calibrating the game +20/+20 higher than your RB2's calibration (i.e., if RB2 was 40/-10 use 60/10 on RB3)? That seems to be a common fix for most players; the actual calibration tests in RB3 seem completely worthless to me compared to the previous game, gives me random figures every time I try it. I've read this should also work if you have trouble playing on the Green Day disc, though I don't have that game to confirm.

The only difference I've noted in regards to HOPO's was I have a harder time than I used to combo'ing descending quads in Freebird. Assuming they're the same rhythm they were in GH2 (which I can hit and so am replicating in this game), I could theorise the front-end timing window gets smaller when note sections get too condensed.

I messed up tapping GG&HT's outro as well now that I think about it, but I put that down to simply not playing it in forever. I certainly didn't have any trouble with the HOPO's in any other part of the song, so this sounds like a calibration issue.

thanks for the suggestion, i will try that out and see what happens.

it seems like i had it perfect in RB2 (of course im not saying i could perfect every song on expert guitar on RB2, it just seemd easier to do), and as much as i have calibrated RB3, it still seems off for some reason.

i am using my computer monitor for my xbox lol, but that shouldnt affect anything.

and btw, what has this thread become??? quite hilarious to see the road this thread has travelled.

NathAttack
11-18-2010, 08:54 AM

Just chiming in here, I've five-starred every song in the game, including TTFAF.

Now, you ready for this? Okay, good:

Guitar Hero 3 hammer-ons are a total fucking joke.

As for the OP, you need to calibrate. My friend and I found this next to impossible to get calibrated on his TV/sound system but after about an hour of painstaking back-and-forth-trial-and-error tweaking we got it, and now it plays absolutely perfectly. It just takes a bit of patience.

FrankWaternator
11-18-2010, 05:27 PM
This escalated quickly. Anyways. For the original question. Just calibrate and beware of the tight Ho-POs and you'll be fine.

x352x pH
11-18-2010, 08:26 PM
Gamerscore =/= Skill. At least 350 from this game comes from online and co-op, just because someone doesn't have someone capable of playing expert gh within a reasonable distance, doesn't mean they themselves aren't good.

On the actual topic of hammer-ons, you're right in some way, I do think GH3's were the best, but only because as people said, they were the easiest, the timing window was massive and is definitely the simplest of the music genre, that's not to say Rock Band's timing window isn't a LOT tighter, but it doesn't make them bad.
in GH3 gamerscore does = skill because the majority of the achievement are purely skill-based not luck and chance like most cheevos (i.e.- kill 15 enemies with a single bullet).

as for your analysis of the HOPO's i agree, the timing window was massive, making the HOPO's awesome but yea easier. HOWEVER, i believe GH3 made up for this by having a setlist that included many difficult songs

x352x pH
11-18-2010, 08:30 PM
Just chiming in here, I've five-starred every song in the game, including TTFAF.

Now, you ready for this? Okay, good:

Guitar Hero 3 hammer-ons are a total fucking joke.

As for the OP, you need to calibrate. My friend and I found this next to impossible to get calibrated on his TV/sound system but after about an hour of painstaking back-and-forth-trial-and-error tweaking we got it, and now it plays absolutely perfectly. It just takes a bit of patience.
damn, you have the Living Legends achievement on GH3.. props man. on an unrelated note, how do you unlock your gamer pic in RB3?

NathAttack
11-19-2010, 12:47 AM
Yeah my friend and I used to both play A LOT of Guitar Hero ;)

I'm not 100% sure how I got my Pro gamerpic, I believe it unlocked when I five-starred my 50th RB3 song on Pro Drums. It might only require you to 3-star 50 songs, but I would guess that it would have to be on a Pro instrument (Pro Keys, Pro Drums, Pro guitar, Pro Bass).

However I could be totally wrong. Anyone else who's unlocked it, remember how/when?

Spade422
11-21-2010, 08:25 AM
also having 5 starred every single song on the gh3 system (on disc, anyway), i would also like to second the opinion that gh3 hammer ons are a fucking joke.

on the other note, there are only a few things I don't like about this game (mainly no BNS in practice mode, no tug of war, dropped vox tics =99%) but the one that gets me the most is the rock meter. its incredibly easy to fail now if you get off beat ever so slightly or anything; its almost like drums for GHM where if you were ever so slightly off you would fail within like 3 seconds. and this is for all instruments (even vocals; where a "messy" will result in bringing the icon to yellow). I think the hammer ons are a lot better in this game (imo very similar to that of gh2) but keep an eye on that damn meter.

Neutral
11-21-2010, 11:26 AM
Only change I noticed was the cutoffs and much, much easier strumming for rb3 ;]

This a joke?

I can play TTF one handed throughout and bust 5* with almost no pathing, good joke acting like anything on Gh is hard to "beat" lmao

x352x pH
11-22-2010, 02:50 PM

I'm not 100% sure how I got my Pro gamerpic, I believe it unlocked when I five-starred my 50th RB3 song on Pro Drums. It might only require you to 3-star 50 songs, but I would guess that it would have to be on a Pro instrument (Pro Keys, Pro Drums, Pro guitar, Pro Bass).

However I could be totally wrong. Anyone else who's unlocked it, remember how/when?
I have a buddy thats awesome at GH as well but the thing about GH3 is you have to do that shit local and doing a co-op career takes FOREVER so I've only been able to get with him for a run through on hard because we go to different collages so its not easy to hook up that often for GH. but yeah sweet, the only Pro instrument I have right now are pro drums so I'll ride it out and see when I unlock it.

BrandAid1138
11-22-2010, 09:06 PM
Does it have to be on Pro-Drums expert duder? I like drumming too and have played mostly Pro-Drums hard. I have completed some songs on Pro-Drums expert, but mostly on Hard.

Lordvader178
11-23-2010, 03:19 AM
as for your analysis of the HOPO's i agree, the timing window was massive, making the HOPO's awesome but yea easier. HOWEVER, i believe GH3 made up for this by having a setlist that included many difficult songs

As much as you are a dick, i'll agree with you. Although I think you misunderstand the point of GH3 HO's. They didn't have a massive timing window. They had NO timing window, you were allowed to hit them whenever you want.

GH3 was my first so I will always be accustomed to their HO system before anything else.Compared to other games, I only have 3 songs left to FC in GH3, and if those 3 were in another GH game I sincerly doubt I could do it (if that charts remained the same, the 3 songs I have left are all in other GH games xD).

It does seem that this thread has turned into a GH vs RB thread unfortunately.

Also if anyone is actually ragging on RB HO's, it's because you suck at them. GH2 has almost the same HO's but no one complains about them. If you can't deal with the strict timing window then play a GH game, which substitutes precision for much more fun charts.

I can play TTF one handed throughout and bust 5* with almost no pathing, good joke acting like anything on Gh is hard to "beat" lmao

I don't mean to be rude, but GH3 is the hardest music game to beat to this day. Getting to the final tier list on expert, it took alot of players months to even pass Raining Blood. TTFAF wasalso the hardest on-disc song ever made for a music game and infact still might be (barring TTFAF in GH:SH or Jordan). It's 7 minutes long and filled with complicated solo's which would take a long time to learn.

Almost every GH is harder to beat than RB games:
GH1: Bark At The Moon
GH2: Misorlou, Psychobilly Freakout, Hangar 18
GH 80's: Play With Me, Ballroom Blitz
GH3: Raining Blood, One
GH WT: Hot For Teacher, Satch Boogie
GHM: The whole final tier
GH SH: Play With Me, TTFAF
GH5: Scatterbrain
GH VH: I'm The One, Hot For Teacher, Eruption, Spanish Fly
GH6: Again, The whole final tier

RB1: GG&HT
RB2: Visons
RB3: Nothing (Don't even say BatH or CiaM, both of those were in GH and harder regardless of timing windows).

You said to beat, not to FC. I didn't include any bonus songs and the songs I listed are in the main setlist. So Guitar Hero is MILES harder to beat than RB. Yes I am aware GH has more games and the quaity as suffered over the years but that dosen't detract from the fact the games are still harder.

So good joke thinking your opinion is fact.

inb4guitarherofanboy

x352x pH
11-23-2010, 09:44 PM

Really?! That's quite an accomplishment. I'm still trying to figure out how you strum AND tap with one hand though. /sarcasm

As much as you are a dick, i'll agree with you. Although I think you misunderstand the point of GH3 HO's. They didn't have a massive timing window. They had NO timing window, you were allowed to hit them whenever you want.
There is obviously SOME timing window since it is possible to miss the note if you tap afterwards. That's what I was getting at.

I don't mean to be rude, but GH3 is the hardest music game to beat to this day. Getting to the final tier list on expert, it took alot of players months to even pass Raining Blood. TTFAF wasalso the hardest on-disc song ever made for a music game and infact still might be (barring TTFAF in GH:SH or Jordan). It's 7 minutes long and filled with complicated solo's which would take a long time to learn.

Almost every GH is harder to beat than RB games:
GH1: Bark At The Moon
GH2: Misorlou, Psychobilly Freakout, Hangar 18
GH 80's: Play With Me, Ballroom Blitz
GH3: Raining Blood, One
GH WT: Hot For Teacher, Satch Boogie
GHM: The whole final tier
GH SH: Play With Me, TTFAF
GH5: Scatterbrain
GH VH: I'm The One, Hot For Teacher, Eruption, Spanish Fly
GH6: Again, The whole final tier

RB1: GG&HT
RB2: Visons
RB3: Nothing (Don't even say BatH or CiaM, both of those were in GH and harder regardless of timing windows).

You said to beat, not to FC. I didn't include any bonus songs and the songs I listed are in the main setlist. So Guitar Hero is MILES harder to beat than RB. Yes I am aware GH has more games and the quaity as suffered over the years but that dosen't detract from the fact the games are still harder.

So good joke thinking your opinion is fact.
Agreed.

friedmad
11-23-2010, 10:00 PM
THE HOPO's i didnt find all that hard. what i DID find was that (as already stated) the calibration seems to be about 20ms off, and the fact that i keep perfect rythym and yet, in the middle of a long and monotonous string of notes (particularly on bass) the game stops registering my strums

D4B0MB1N4T10N
11-24-2010, 12:11 AM
THE HOPO's i didnt find all that hard. what i DID find was that (as already stated) the calibration seems to be about 20ms off, and the fact that i keep perfect rythym and yet, in the middle of a long and monotonous string of notes (particularly on bass) the game stops registering my strums

thats what i notice too sometimes, im strumming down or alt-strumming at the same, continuous pace and then randomly drop a note or two.

so, by saying it is about 20ms off, should i try +20ms or -20ms on my current calibration?

by the way, GH3 was my first step into the music games, with GH:WT being my last GH game, since then ive been a RB fanboy. except they F'd their RB3 launch, so ive become less of a fan.

JohnnyR74
11-24-2010, 04:19 AM
so, by saying it is about 20ms off, should i try +20ms or -20ms on my current calibration? Try adding +20 to Audio and Video.

I guess I'm lucky considering how 0/0 has worked for me on every game except for GDRB, I had really odd numbers for that.

Spade422
11-24-2010, 06:45 AM

wrong. there is a timing window. there are some songs where you can hit a hammer on that is miles away after the note you hit and if you immediately try to hit it, then it misses the note. therefore, there IS some sort of timing window, however large it might be, it does exist.

Also if anyone is actually ragging on RB HO's, it's because you suck at them. GH2 has almost the same HO's but no one complains about them. If you can't deal with the strict timing window then play a GH game, which substitutes precision for much more fun charts.

agreed. this game's guitar, minus the calibration, is absolutely perfect imo.

its very difficult to decide which music game is the hardest to beat. i admit gh3 was hard, but to say that it was the hardest regardless of timing window is very bold. i, personally whose 5 starred every on disc gh song, thought ghm was the hardest for the main setlist (hard to decide for all songs, possibly ghv or gh1), so even with ttfaf, i dont think gh3 was the hardest. of course, both of our "facts" are only opinions.

Capn Doug
11-24-2010, 07:46 AM
At the risk of wading into a debate that has raged for a while (watching it for a while and just realized the comparison today), figured I would share one or two thoughts. Just to understand where I am coming from, Rock Band 2 was my first music game, so that is the system my brain was trained for. Some of the songs from RB1 and 2, I only played often enough to learn how to muddle through (Green Grass, Visions, Highway to Hell, etc). The timing window change means that it is more difficult to simply muddle through. You have to know what you are doing on some level on those long HOPO strings to be able to even pass the song now (my overdrive path doesn't work anymore on Green Grass, the whammy between the zig zag won't get you to 50% full anymore, near as I can tell). Even on simpler HOPO strings, like Ramblin' Man (the hammer tempo is pretty even), it is so easy to lose focus and miss one random note because you lost the beat ever so slightly.

As for the Hammers in Guitar Hero 3, to put it in perspective, the first song I FCed on that game was My Name is Jonas (loaded with Hammers, 4th tier, I believe), and I 5 starred every song on easy and medium before I even realized that I never calibrated the game. The timing window is quite wide, so if you can figure out the rythym and the chord changes, you can probably do pretty well.

TA Sasuke
11-24-2010, 09:23 AM
At the risk of wading into a debate that has raged for a while (watching it for a while and just realized the comparison today), figured I would share one or two thoughts. Just to understand where I am coming from, Rock Band 2 was my first music game, so that is the system my brain was trained for. Some of the songs from RB1 and 2, I only played often enough to learn how to muddle through (Green Grass, Visions, Highway to Hell, etc). The timing window change means that it is more difficult to simply muddle through. You have to know what you are doing on some level on those long HOPO strings to be able to even pass the song now (my overdrive path doesn't work anymore on Green Grass, the whammy between the zig zag won't get you to 50% full anymore, near as I can tell). Even on simpler HOPO strings, like Ramblin' Man (the hammer tempo is pretty even), it is so easy to lose focus and miss one random note because you lost the beat ever so slightly.

Are you saying that the timing window from RB2 changed for RB3? Cuz if so you're mistaken, its the same engine for both. The only thing that changed for RB3 is the inclusion of Unison Bonuses for solo play.

Capn Doug
11-24-2010, 05:13 PM
Are you saying that the timing window from RB2 changed for RB3? Cuz if so you're mistaken, its the same engine for both. The only thing that changed for RB3 is the inclusion of Unison Bonuses for solo play.

It seems, and others seem to confirm this, that the timing window for the hammers is narrower, and there is a greater penalty for strumming a note that is not there.

friedmad
11-24-2010, 06:32 PM
yeah, i have a plasma 1080i tv. the manual calibration set my video delay at +59ms. iwent in and bumped it up to +80ms and havent had any problems since.also, i WISH they'd made the notes bridge solid instead of transluscent - its very hard to see the notes coming down with all the special effects going on behind it

Lordvader178
11-25-2010, 02:45 PM
wrong. there is a timing window. there are some songs where you can hit a hammer on that is miles away after the note you hit and if you immediately try to hit it, then it misses the note. therefore, there IS some sort of timing window, however large it might be, it does exist.

I can't say I agree as in 4 years of playing GH3 ive never had that problem but if you are saying you have, I have no reason not to believe you.

agreed. this game's guitar, minus the calibration, is absolutely perfect imo.

I think you may have mis-worded there.

its very difficult to decide which music game is the hardest to beat. i admit gh3 was hard, but to say that it was the hardest regardless of timing window is very bold. i, personally whose 5 starred every on disc gh song, thought ghm was the hardest for the main setlist (hard to decide for all songs, possibly ghv or gh1), so even with ttfaf, i dont think gh3 was the hardest. of course, both of our "facts" are only opinions.

I would definately say GH:M had the most abundant hard songs as the entire last tier was the hardest seen in any music game. However in retrospect in passing difficulty, I personally think RaBl is still harder to pass than any song in GH:M (for people just wanting to complete the career). TTFAF wasnt required to beat the game remember. GH:M focuses on strumming more than anything else so it's alot easier to pass most of the songs, as RaBl focuses on both strumming and clusterfuck HO's. I'd say many more people got stuck just on RaBl than they did on GH:M's final tier but I will agree as a whole that GH:M's final tier as a whole surpases any music game difficulty wise.

I was actually expecting a insult or flame headed my way, so I appreciate that you responded like a decent human being :)