PDA

View Full Version : Five Star Every RB3 Song Expert Question

Awesome Tree
11-16-2010, 12:53 PM
I am having the most atrocious time trying to get through Beast and the Harlot with five stars on expert bass. I always get close, yet so far away. If I achieve five stars as a band while playing it, would that count?

Shelton
11-16-2010, 01:01 PM
"Each song that has been 5-starred will have a check next to its name. The achievement will unlock once all 83 songs have been 5-starred on Expert. This can be earned in Quickplay or in Road Challenges.

*This achievement must be completed solo. Local and online band scores do not count toward this*"

From the achievement guide.

Awesome Tree
11-16-2010, 01:04 PM
Damnit... I saw that pretty much as I posted this, lol. ^^''

Second question, does anyone know where I can find a vocal only track of Beast and the Harlot? This five star expert every RB3 disc song has been heckling me for weeks. Help would be appreciated. :D

The Nerevarine
11-16-2010, 08:21 PM
Use your diaphragm, kid.

I did it on drums no sweat, but then, I had all that practice from the GH achievement. I've never met a RB song I couldn't sing, though (thank goodness it only judges your pitch!). Just keep at it, if you have a larynx you'll get it eventually.

Awesome Tree
11-17-2010, 05:43 AM
Use your diaphragm, kid.

I did it on drums no sweat, but then, I had all that practice from the GH achievement. I've never met a RB song I couldn't sing, though (thank goodness it only judges your pitch!). Just keep at it, if you have a larynx you'll get it eventually.
I'm literally tone deaf. I cannot mimick a pitch in any shape or form. Hopeless at anything that's not all talkies. It doesn't matter though. I finally got the achievement. :D Now to never touch the song again.

bigsilentrob
11-17-2010, 12:43 PM
I hear you on being tone deaf. I suck at singing on the music games. I stick with the instruments for the most part. My wife likes to sing though, so it all works out.

TA Sasuke
11-17-2010, 03:04 PM
I can't sing anything above the bottom tier on medium, sucks but i've learned to accept that it's outside my skill set.

x352x pH
11-17-2010, 03:40 PM
i with you guys i suck ass at singing. barely managed to get the cheevo for 90% on 6 songs on hard

Venge
11-18-2010, 02:21 AM
"Each song that has been 5-starred will have a check next to its name. The achievement will unlock once all 83 songs have been 5-starred on Expert. This can be earned in Quickplay or in Road Challenges.

*This achievement must be completed solo. Local and online band scores do not count toward this*"

From the achievement guide.

Achievement guide is wrong. I have DEFINATELY gotten five stars on an online song that counts. I don't know if I it was the band's five stars or my "personal" five stars (which is still easier to get with a band than solo), but I DID do it on at least on song.

theshieguy
11-18-2010, 05:12 AM
Posts from the achievement guide thread:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1388/UPmJOII=.jpg Rock Band Immortal - 5 Star every song in Rock Band 3 on Expert. 50G

There are 83 songs on-disc that you must 5-star on Expert difficulty to unlock this achievement. The 5-star score can be combined among all instrument scores (guitar, bass, drums, vocals and keyboard). To see your progress, from the main menu: Career>My Goals>Rock Band>Epic Rock Band 3>Rock Band Master.

Each song that has been 5-starred will have a check next to its name. The achievement will unlock once all 83 songs have been 5-starred on Expert. This can be earned in Quickplay or in Road Challenges.

*This achievement must be completed solo. Local and online band scores do not count toward this*

I'd just like to share my disgust with the part i've red-bolded. I actually thought I was going to unlock this today, only to go into the goals and see that I've got 30+ songs left to complete! It really doesn't make any sense that your individual scores/stars from a band game don't count towards this. Gah!

They did for me, but you have to achieve the five stars on the solo score screen. Boosting from your bandmate's OD multiplier does not help this goal.

I did get 5* on the solo score screen (the 5* also show up on all the songs when I look at the list in Quickplay).

Could it maybe be because my bandmate is playing on a lower difficulty?

There is SOMETHING in the game that determines whether or not a song gets "counted" in with the Expert 5 stars (if at all...). Either way, the BAND score for a song doesn't count (by that I mean the star rating in the top-middle of the screen when a song ends). The solo screen would be understandable, but then there's this:

When I first started playing Rock Band 3, there were at least 5 songs that I played online with friends before I ever played them by myself. All those songs got Gold Star ratings (for the band score and for each player). One or two of them showed up in the Obsessive Compulsive goal and a few other goals, but I had to replay all of them on solo guitar to unlock the achievement for the guitar solos.

And I mistyped. I meant "Rock Band Immortal" instead of "guitar solos." :p I know that I played "Sister Christian," "Plush," and a few other songs the second day I got the game (songs I played online before I ever played them by myself). All of them were gold-starred by everyone in the band and I remember having to replay them for Rock Immortal's five stars (I played them on bass the first time and I played on guitar the second time to 85%+ some guitar solos). I even FC'd "Plush" on a sightread and it was added to the Obsessive Compulsive goal. Maybe there is an inconsistent variable that no one is 100% aware of (everyone must play on the same difficulty? :confused: ). Or maybe it was a week 1 issue that was resolved. But, the songs didn't get added to the Expert Master goal (Rock Immortal), for some reason, which is why I added the disclaimer to the description.

Achievement guide is wrong. I have DEFINATELY gotten five stars on an online song that counts. I don't know if I it was the band's five stars or my "personal" five stars (which is still easier to get with a band than solo), but I DID do it on at least on song.

The spelling police would probably issue you a citation for that word you put in all caps. But it's no biggie (I somehow misspelled "confirmation" below in my original post). :p

I posted this 3 days ago and I'll post it again:

Are you sure that you didn't play those beforehand? If you guys can double check it for confirmation, I'll update the description if necessary.

Still haven't heard anything from anyone. :cool: I can't thoroughly test it on my account since I have the achievement, so I have nothing to go on when you guys say "I got it with a band" or "the guide is wrong."

*What song did you play?
*Were you host of the session?
*Did everyone play on the same difficulty?
*Did you have an Expert 5-star score for the song already?
*Do you remember which other goals were checked off (if any)?

If the game DOES count the solo screen results in a band song, then it must've been something with the game not registering my solo GS runs that I did online. I know that songs were checked off in Obsessive Compulsive and the respective instrument song lists, so I don't know WHAT the deal is with this (but it's something...).

MartyMcFly
11-18-2010, 02:57 PM
In regards to Beast and the Harlot, I found it much easier on Expert Guitar. Sightread it one time through, then on my 3rd attempt I got it.