PDA

View Full Version : money making tip

BiRdyBoI
11-16-2010, 04:12 PM
i was woundering if any 1 know a way 2 make some easy money thanks

BrassBallz
11-16-2010, 06:39 PM
No easy ways straight away but writing is highly lucrative once you get proficient. Personally I don't "work" per say but rather Paint and Write for money and Garden and Cook and Fish for Ambrosia.

KittyKatBbyCake
11-16-2010, 10:08 PM
Each career gives you lots of Cashola.

J4ckyb0y1
11-19-2010, 05:23 AM
Writing and painting makes any career look like a waist of time if all you want is to do is generate cash.

My writer is at 102k/week in royalties with the most profitable book at 15,996/week.
Edit: most profitable book is now 17,698/week

Madfrog0
12-04-2010, 07:21 AM
Thanks for the info..

jacobite
12-04-2010, 11:47 AM
Each career gives you lots of Cashola.

^^
Im getting 8.5k per shift as my doc.

Fam Kers
12-04-2010, 03:56 PM
writing is ondeed a pretty good tip. Or you should pick a career, get it to level 10 and then just keep raking up the promotions to get payed more. Fishing, gardening, writing and painting are also very good moneymakers, specially when you got a sim that is based on family, since you sim is home all the time to take care of the kids. So its easy money and easy wishes

jesse477
12-06-2010, 03:46 PM
I recommend to NOT do the music career. Once you get to the highest level you don't have to "work" anymore. You can just go perform a concert somewhere. Thing is, the theater only gives you like $300, where as the Stadium will get you between like 1700-2500 each concert. You can do 2 a day at the Stadium, because you can only perform from 5-11. So your looking at a max of like $5000 a day. Thats not everyday either though because there are Sporting games on some of the days, so yeah, I'm just keeping this job and then starting to write books now.

Hawaiian
12-13-2010, 05:58 PM
I found one @ PS3trophies.org (http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/sims-3/82811-hopefully-helpful-tips.html):

To get your fundraising up really fast at higher levels and do well throw a campaign fundraiser party and invite only friends you know are rich. At the party go around to all of them, schmooze a little tell a joke whatever then ask for a donation and just have one sim going around doing this they will all likely donate, then they also donate on their way out leaving the party. I ended up with like 80,000 in donations at every party boosts very quickly so you can just throw one whenever you want and get it done fast.

Political career seems to be required for this one though.

Pricelessatx
12-15-2010, 12:28 AM
I know a pro athalete dosnt get much. I only get about $1,200 a day of work at lvl 9 career.

lijnloos
12-15-2010, 08:09 AM
My best sim is now lvl 10 in the law enforcement carreer and gets about 3000 a day when he goes to work. And still gets a raise every other day. It's definitly worth him going a few times a week.

My other sim has lvl 10 in writing skills and just makes a masterpiece every week (takes a while to write apparently) and get about 10-15k each week for one... (so she now makes 40k a week). Painting is quicker, 1 every day for about 2-3k, and good for pleasure while writing.

Sn1gaaaZ
12-15-2010, 11:07 AM
Definetly Writing. At the end I got all my 3 family parts writing skill 10 and keep them writing and got ~150k $ a week.

artphobia
12-16-2010, 03:37 AM
Crime pays.

As the lvl10 Head of Evil I was making $3000, or so each night I worked... though it's only 3 nights a week. Raises are really easy to get with your needed skills maxed. You sometimes save "trinkets" from your heists... which I've ended up with large $1000+ sculptures in my inventory.

Also my sim has the klepto trait... thus I could just hangout in a public lot after 9pm and gank stuff. Only 3 items a night and you dont specifically get to pick items but it'll be an item in the vicinity you click. You can get the hang of it pretty quick though in finding the items that will probably get selected by where you click. Think the highest $ I picked up was a cop car outside the station one night.:p

Ps - I was writing in my spare time.

mtl gear conn
12-21-2010, 08:08 PM
if you need spare cash on the spot, call a technition and when he takes out his laptop go to build and buy and sell it for 4000, i do it at the end of every week.

so far im a level 10 athlete making 3000+ a day with a raise every week of 46 and hour...also after work i hold an autograpg session where i rake in another 5-6000, also i own the theatre and the stadium which bothe togeather is another 20,000 a week i think. match days pay about 7,500 so all in all im on about 60-70,000 a week....guna try and buy the corporate tower for some more funds ;)

xTIGERLILLIEx
12-23-2010, 06:37 PM
you can always use your karama power, not sure the name but it drops money to your sim when you activate it. ive had upto 15k in one drop before. kaching

amistoned
12-25-2010, 06:57 AM
money trees, when i had it on pc i was making HUGE profits of like 20000 a day when combined with writing and owning like the whole town.

_DoTTeR_
12-25-2010, 07:19 AM
I'm about to 1000G the game so I'd post while I'm wish spamming.

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/xbox360ps3/

Any if formation concerning jobs can be found there along with tons more.

I picked the medical path and currently brig home $10K a day from that and write a masterpiece on my off days. (10-15K) in weekly checks.

I also bought out all the businesses around town so in a week i roughly make $120,000 - $150,000 (depending on how many paintings the wife completes.)

Writing is best though (get good traits though)

Vanilla Coke Zero
12-25-2010, 08:21 PM
No easy ways straight away but writing is highly lucrative once you get proficient. Personally I don't "work" per say but rather Paint and Write for money and Garden and Cook and Fish for Ambrosia.

are you a single sim? or did you start off as a teen/baby in a house hold? i'm thinking of doing this as well. i'm not really liking micromanaging four sims that much.

I'm about to 1000G the game so I'd post while I'm wish spamming.

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/xbox360ps3/

Any if formation concerning jobs can be found there along with tons more.

I picked the medical path and currently brig home $10K a day from that and write a masterpiece on my off days. (10-15K) in weekly checks.

I also bought out all the businesses around town so in a week i roughly make $120,000 - $150,000 (depending on how many paintings the wife completes.)

Writing is best though (get good traits though)

jesus christ, what are your traits? and how do i pick career paths? (sorry for n00b questions, i'm new to this game)

wright3034
12-28-2010, 11:34 AM
Im a level 10 doctor, and I make over 5,000 a day. I also had a kid who I used to get the child prodigy achievement, Illustrious Writer was his wish. Anyway, he is making a ton from royalties, and paintings. Buying the businesses is Ok, but picking up the money every week is kind of a hassle.

zhoban
12-28-2010, 08:44 PM
jesus christ, what are your traits? and how do i pick career paths? (sorry for n00b questions, i'm new to this game)[/QUOTE]
Just go to the place where you want to work and click Join Career.

zhoban
12-28-2010, 08:46 PM
you can always use your karama power, not sure the name but it drops money to your sim when you activate it. ive had upto 15k in one drop before. kaching
It's called the Giant Jackpot Karma Power. You can buy it when you get your house worth more than $35,000 Simoleons.

zhoban
12-28-2010, 09:08 PM
i was woundering if any 1 know a way 2 make some easy money thanks

If you are a single Sim then I would get the bigger house with 3 bedrooms and 1 bathroom. After that, sell all of your chairs except for one and sell all of your beds except for one. After that, try to get either a boyfriend or girlfriend, depending on what gender your Sims is, and get them to like you enough to move in with you. If they have a pretty good job let them work until you have enough money to buy a computer. After getting one I would start writing as many books as possible. Keep having your boyfriend or girlfriend work so you have a steady income outside of your books. Once you have enough money to become partners with a business do that so you can pick up a few extra $1,000 each week.

If you want at least a few extra $100 have your guy get a part-time job somewhere.

Right now my girlfriend is making about $5,000 each day she works and she works about four days a week, whereas my Sim is making $8,000 a week in royalties from writing books. I also wanted to get the challenges where you got all of the part-time jobs up to level 3 to upgrade the buildings so that helped a lot of my cash. From how many Owner's Deeds I have I make about $70,000 a week from owning those buildings.

If you want your guy to eventually get a full-time job have him start maxing out all of his skills so he gets promotions faster. My wife is in the Law Enforcement Career and I have her skills that she needs for the job all the way up and she is getting a promotion almost every three days and a $42 raise each day.

Pede B
01-17-2011, 12:46 PM
Medical Career gives a LOT of money.. just make your sim with some good traits ex: ambitious, workoholic, perfectionist etc. and he will be given raises all the time.

I have a family on 4 people.

Medical Career lvl 10
Business Career lvl 8
Law Enforcement Career lvl 6
Journalism Career lvl 5
and Giant Jackpot Karma.

I'll make about 7000$ a day

Hawaiian
01-17-2011, 07:26 PM
Writing books is the best way to become a millionair in the game but it takes some time: Keep on writing "small" books like sci-fi or trashy novels (they are worth few but can be finished very fast, you can check this by pressing x and switching to the writer skill) but write not more than 4 books of the same category. After you have written 25 books in total you'll be able to write a masterpiece which will get you 10.000-50.000 per book a week. You'll want to write at least 5 masterpieces because then you'll unlock the writer skill milestone "Specialized Author" which is tied to the genre you wrote the most (at least 5) books in (that's why I told you to write not more than 4 books in the other genres since the masterpiece is the novel you'll get the most money for). Then you're able to write masterpieces faster and you'll earn more with them. The lifetime reward "Acclaimed Author" (30.000 Lifetime Happiness Points) is also very helpful.

You can attend both writer classes to reach level 10 in this skill faster but it's not necessary. Each class can only be attended once.

Furthermore I'd suggest you buy the "Moodlet Manager" as soon as you've earned enough Challenge Points (450 if I remember correctly) since it will cure all negative moodlets from your Sims, restore their needs and you'll be able to fully concentrate on writing.