PDA

View Full Version : What games should i get

Conquer59
11-16-2010, 06:32 PM
My parents are getting me and my brother kinect for christmas . My parents are letting me and my brother pick one game each for it.My brother is getting Kinect sports. I can't decide between Fighters uncaged or Joyride . What one do you guys recommend ?

JAW LV
11-16-2010, 06:58 PM
Although I am not getting kinect, I keep hearing great reviews on Joy Ride. I think there is a review on the main/home page here for Joy Ride that you should check out.

xxcrzy1xx
11-16-2010, 08:32 PM
Id think about joyride cause it looks fun.

Also, just to warn ya, I recieved an infraction for doing this :)

jonnyweb
11-17-2010, 05:24 AM
Kinect Sports is def. a game to get. It has lots of variety and has been getting good reviews everywhere. I think it is a blast and I've only played it a bit, but plan to pick it back up now. (i think i MAY be over my I can't stop playing Black Ops phase)

Sprinkles
11-17-2010, 06:15 AM
I would get joyride or Dance Central. Fighters uncaged is not very good.

JuryDuty
11-17-2010, 09:04 PM
The reviews I've read definitely seem to agree that Dance Central, Sports, Kinectimals and the first exercise game are the best for Kinect. Those are the only ones I plan to get to start out.

Thomasxo
11-20-2010, 12:16 AM
Kinect Sports is defo a must!
Its a game for the whole family
Its in my opinion a bit better than motion sports.

King Agam
11-20-2010, 04:54 AM
Kinect sports is a ton of fun it's like wii sports x10. Easy enough for kids but challenging for older people

chickenhead87
11-20-2010, 09:56 AM
Id say get Kinect Sports or Dance central but if your limited to 2 id say joyride.

sgt haggis
11-21-2010, 03:07 PM
joyride for me

Bleeding Star
11-21-2010, 03:09 PM
Do not under any circumstance buy Fighters Uncaged

CyanideSpirit
11-23-2010, 02:22 AM
Kinectimals :)

TakahashiDemon
11-23-2010, 12:30 PM
Fighters Uncaged suppose to be worst Kinect game so far, I wouldn't recommend it, here's some that you should consider though:

Kinectimals
Kinect Sports
Dance Central

Also, Joyride since you mentioned it, is very good, I've played the demo and had lots of fun with it.

Tracker799
12-02-2010, 02:39 AM
It's funny to see so many people mention Joy Ride as a "must get". I played the demo and was incredibly disappointed. Every review I've seen on it rate it very "so-so".

Regardless, here's my list:
Kinect Sports - Very fun, very easy to play
Dance Central - The demo of this was incredibly fun
Biggest Loser - Yeah, it's a workout game. Makes you sweat though and is extremely responsive

Braiiins
12-03-2010, 02:37 AM
Out of the two games that you are thinking of I would say go with joy ride. I haven't seen any footage or reviews of fighters uncaged (but haven't put any effort into it), but after playing the joy ride demo and seeing videos of other game modes I want to get it myself.

I have:
Kinect Adventures - It's a lot of fun and really enjoy playing it
Dance Central - Feel a bit goofy playing it, especially if my girlfriend is watching and laugh (but I laugh at her playing too). It's not a game I would buy.
Kinect Sports - It's tons of fun, it's a nice mix of different sports types, but it can get rather difficult.
Kinectimals - I haven't played this yet, it looks cute, but it's definitely not a game I would keep, I'll probably sell it and buy joy ride.

PowercomSODMG
12-04-2010, 12:56 AM
My parents are getting me and my brother kinect for christmas . My parents are letting me and my brother pick one game each for it.My brother is getting Kinect sports. I can't decide between Fighters uncaged or Joyride . What one do you guys recommend ?

NONE OF THE ABOVE.

Joyride is for small kids and Fighters uncaged is very bad and gets boring very fast - check the IGN review.

Decide between Your Shape: Fitness Evolved or Dance Central.

mptuk
12-04-2010, 03:42 AM
your shape fitness not sure if you want this or not just for achieves but i put in my normal weight and after 20mins im stuffed yet only burn off about 60 odd calories suppose it will help me in the long run, and i really enjoy the cardio boxing and zen classes.

dance central is fun but hard to learn all the moves so might have to practice these still having trouble 5 starring but im going down the list might come across some easy ones sooner or later.

kinectimals yeah its a kids game but i really enjoy all the little exercises like knocking down dominoes with a frisbee or doing keepy-uppies with your animal best thing though is the rc car you can drive about.

stay away from zumba fitness has its terribly diffcult if you dont know the moves like doing salsa etc i had no choice in this as missus loved the dvd`s of these.

havent played any sports games yet but im planning on getting kinect sports even if its just a rental.

VivaJustice
12-04-2010, 09:46 AM
Do not get fighters uncaged, at first your like 'yeah this seems ok', as you are training and only doing one punch at a time, but as soon as you start to throw a few punches all together, you will soon realise the game is terrrible.

It throws random punches and not what you are trying to do. And best of all iv had it a couple of times where you are standing still and it starts punching!!!

Stay clear of it i say.

Advice for games to get, either kinectimals, Dance central or one of the fitness games. All of these are fun. I thought kinectimals would be a bit childish and boring, but it is quite fun on some challenges you do etc.

Toxic Kittyy
12-10-2010, 09:11 AM
My mom wants to buy a Kinect for the fitness games. However, it is MY Xbox and I would like some fun games for the Kinect that I would enjoy also. I am not girly by any means. I like MW2, Resident Evil, Fable 3... Mostly action RPGs and FPS, things like that. Any suggestions of a game I might enjoy for the Kinect??

TAI JASON
12-10-2010, 09:39 AM
My mom wants to buy a Kinect for the fitness games. However, it is MY Xbox and I would like some fun games for the Kinect that I would enjoy also. I am not girly by any means. I like MW2, Resident Evil, Fable 3... Mostly action RPGs and FPS, things like that. Any suggestions of a game I might enjoy for the Kinect??

There's no game in this section. I got only Kinectimals and it's cool to chill out from the other action games. I like it, some trials are hard as hell, but it makes fun.

Fighters Uncaged and Joyride are crap. Dance Central is ok.

Kinect Adventures and Kinect Sports are the best games. After all it's a shitty start lineup.

Eggnogga
12-10-2010, 02:57 PM
My mom wants to buy a Kinect for the fitness games. To be honest, from playing Adventures and/or Sports and going at it for an hour, I work up a good sweat. My sister is supposedly getting me Dance Central for xmas, i'm sure that'll kick my butt too.

OP -- Just going off of reviews, I'd say either Kinectimals or Dance Central. Joy Ride didn't get the best scores, but I haven't actually played it.

Evo Kazz
12-10-2010, 06:25 PM
My daughter loves Dance Central and KSports, but for me, the older male in the family, Kinect Adventures is brilliant, everyone should have it anyways as it comes free, but what a game, it is such a laugh and so addictive, very tiring though, but doable 1000 also.

RichXbox360
12-16-2010, 07:09 PM
I pre-ordered Fighters Uncaged, and I'm trying very hard to like it, but I hate the tutorials on it, and you can't play the main game without doing the tutes!

acsofspades
12-22-2010, 03:34 PM
Dance Central for sure.

FayIND
12-23-2010, 02:47 AM
pick dance central :D

FayIND
12-23-2010, 04:08 AM
dont pick fighters uncaged

Ryot Control
12-25-2010, 10:19 PM
I'm going to take advantage of this thread myself since it's buy 2 get 1 free at gamestop. I already own Kinectimals so I'm looking at Dance Cenral and Your Shape: Fitness Evolved for 2 of the games I'm going to pick up. Need your recommendations for the third and from what it seems by this thread, its a toss up between Kinect Sports and Joy Ride. But if you have any other recommendations thats fine too.

MangledRex
12-25-2010, 10:58 PM
Its a toss up between Kinect Sports and Joy Ride. But if you have any other recommendations thats fine too. You'll have way more fun with Kinect Sports than with Joyride...way more variety