PDA

View Full Version : *sigh* 99 thermoses

Dalrint
11-17-2010, 08:27 PM
Somewhere in six chapters, I have missed a thermos. Somewhere. And this was my 'get all the thermoses' playthrough.

Somewhere. Hiding from me.

Baihu1983
11-18-2010, 12:16 PM
Man thats a bitch.

Not used a guide for these and have around 85 of them.

Wish the stats screen was more broken up so you could see how many things you had found in each chapter.

Mighty Goliath89
11-18-2010, 12:25 PM
I havent attempted it properly yet but on my first playthrough I found 50 and that was without a guide, so I will defo be using a guide when going for this one.

AwareTheLegend
11-18-2010, 05:19 PM
Wow that sucks. I would look at the achievement guide and try and cross off the ones you know you got before searching for every thermos trying to find the one you missed.

Opopanax
11-23-2010, 04:22 PM
I feel you. I got 85 on my first playthrough just looking, then I used a guide on my nightmare playthrough and wound up with 98 somehow.

EricDC
12-07-2010, 03:46 PM
How are you guys all having trouble? If you follow the guide, you should have no problem finding them all. I don't know if you guys are running ahead without collecting things, but always read ahead and see where the next collectible is and don't continue on until you've collected it.

Also continually check your stats too and make sure you are on track.

Xen0pi
12-08-2010, 01:11 PM
This is not hard at all. Anyway, here's a youtube guide video to all collectibles in the game.

Alan Wake - Episode 1: Nightmare
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPK0g3LcpwY)Alan Wake - Episode 2: Taken
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldEoMS-Vai0&feature=related)Alan Wake - Episode 3: Ransom - On The Run
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6gW-lmAzJE&feature=related)Alan Wake - Episode 3: Ransom - Mirror Peak
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPK0g3LcpwY)Alan Wake - Episode 4: The Truth
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNScsVMyYTE&feature=related)Alan Wake - Episode 5: The Clicker
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc2lTZJn15Q&feature=related)Alan Wake - Episode 6: Departure
;)
"The guide is not made by me!"

Biobillybonez
12-09-2010, 08:34 PM
Somewhere in six chapters, I have missed a thermos. Somewhere. And this was my 'get all the thermoses' playthrough.

Somewhere. Hiding from me.

Me too man, 970 GS and 99 Thermos (es?) just like assassin's creed, i got 99/100 kingdom flags. FUCK COLLECTIBLES GO SKILL ACHIEVEMENTS!

CyanideBreathMint
12-17-2010, 10:47 PM
How are you guys all having trouble? If you follow the guide, you should have no problem finding them all. I don't know if you guys are running ahead without collecting things, but always read ahead and see where the next collectible is and don't continue on until you've collected it.

Also continually check your stats too and make sure you are on track.
This may blow your mind but sometimes shit happens. I know right? Shocking.

I followed the guide but ended up with 29/30 chests. Bye-bye 30gs unless I do the game all over again (which I'm not). I thankfully got all 100 thermoses though so I do fee the OP's pain.

MetalDragon
12-23-2010, 11:20 AM
That does suck. I've had the same thing happen to me in other games and it is very annoying. I almost had it happen to me in this one.

I completed the game, only on normal and following the guide, then got the thermos that I knew I missed during my playthrough and was angry when I found out that I just found 99/100. I didn't feel like going through all the levels again so I decided I would just do the 30 min Mirror Peak achievement and be done with the game. I watched a video of where all the thermoses were in Mirror Peak, just in case, and thankfully my missing thermos was in that chapter (it was the easy one in the silver mine, can't believe I missed it).

judd90
12-23-2010, 11:29 AM
That sucks. I thought they showed up somewhere in stats but obviously not.

Ill make sure when i go back to Alan Wake i don't get any until i go back through especially for them...

rodieremix
01-01-2011, 04:20 AM
Dammit I ran into this too and I used the guide. I got 87 thermoses on my first play through but that was like 4-5 months ago so I'm hard pressed to remember which ones I had gotten. Did anyone that was in this boat find their last one and if so, where? I wish it showed a silhoutte or something in a place where you've already gotten one...

CrazyDoginOZ
01-01-2011, 09:18 AM
Mine has glitched on me at 99 i have done 4 playthrus with written and video guides but its not showing up it just didnt record it as being picked up when i originally got it on my stats but did record the fact i picked it up so it no longer shows up. Worst part is there is no way to reset ur stats there linked to ur gammertag wiping your save does nothing so i cant even start a new game and get them all over again.i now hate this game i played it so much if i ever see alan wake i'l punch him in his cockmouth

Diozakrod
01-02-2011, 01:28 AM
Also had this happen to me, luckily I had a vague idea of which one I missed. It was in the chapter where you're with the sheriff walking through the town, at one point she tells you to go get the chopper keys while she does some electrical bullshit.

It's easy to miss because as soon as you get the keys, you are unable to get the thermos, which is in the room where the large taken surprises you by jumping through a wall. If you're missing one, this would be the first place I check.

Hitchman
01-02-2011, 11:59 PM
I also missed 1 on my initial run through. There is a great guide on youtube that i used to get the one that i missed. Just type "alan wake thermos walkthrough", and you will find a walkthrough that shows you each thermos.

sadfez
01-03-2011, 11:15 PM
Ended up with 99/100 aswell, and i even followed the guide 'Xen0pi' posted.

Edit: and wouldn't you know. Apparently i missed number 72 behind the counter in the diner. *phew*

Muse89
01-07-2011, 03:58 PM
theres nothing worse than finishing a game and realising youve missed one collectable and theres no way of knowing which one it is. thats why im continuously checking my stats to make sure im at the same level as the guide. Really puts me off a game when something like that happens

rodieremix
01-10-2011, 02:41 AM
Dammit I ran into this too and I used the guide. I got 87 thermoses on my first play through but that was like 4-5 months ago so I'm hard pressed to remember which ones I had gotten. Did anyone that was in this boat find their last one and if so, where? I wish it showed a silhoutte or something in a place where you've already gotten one...

I got it later that day... I had an idea of one I had missed and it was there. It was the one that's on the way to the radio tower that has a manuscript page on it. Might be worth checking for some of you still at 99.

Bones007
03-14-2011, 06:41 PM
29 chests. I'm with you.

GamBeaT
03-14-2011, 10:19 PM
Haha had 99 thermoses aswell after "getting collectibles" playthrough, turned out i forgot the 2nd one in the Writer's Dream

mockxxsniperxx
03-30-2011, 03:01 AM
there is 1 tricky one when u are going to the anderson brothers place..... when u leave the cabin and get in the truck there is a theormus on the right side of the road in front of some rocks...... kinda hard to see but possible if u look

not sure if that might be the one ur missin but if it is than glad i could help :)

Thodoris
04-11-2011, 06:57 PM
That sucks man.... :(
I will definitely use a guide for this one.Too many collectibles....