PDA

View Full Version : When? How much?

qSasukep
11-17-2010, 08:32 PM
I personally loved this game growing up, i'd like to know when it comes out and how much it is.

Yannie Boy
11-17-2010, 09:29 PM
I personally loved this game growing up, i'd like to know when it comes out and how much it is.

It's out right now and at $6.99 USD. Tried the demo. Thinking about getting it. Seems worth the price since the replay value of the past versions were up there.

wuki7
11-17-2010, 10:14 PM
[QUOTE=qSasukep;3745286]I personally loved this game growing up, i'd like to know when it comes out and how much it is.[/QUOT

when is it coming out in the uk

it is not on zune or market place

E]

Southernmade
11-18-2010, 03:43 PM
I got this last night, it's $4.99, not $6.99.

Great game, I played the hell out of this in 3rd grade and they made great improvements. Better than the original I think.

KryptoAcid
11-18-2010, 04:32 PM
I read some of the reviews, and they it is way too simple and no replay value. How similar is it to the old version on the Apple II? I have a hard time dropping 5 bucks when there are other free games on the zune marketplace that are fantastic.

Southernmade
11-18-2010, 05:37 PM
I read some of the reviews, and they it is way too simple and no replay value. How similar is it to the old version on the Apple II? I have a hard time dropping 5 bucks when there are other free games on the zune marketplace that are fantastic.

How it compares to the Apple II version?
Much improved in my opinion. Hunting is easier, and they added fishing and berry picking mini games to get food. Also, you don't have to buy ammo, you just have it. Supplies are lumped into wagon health, you don't have to purchase ox and axels and those other supplies. The supplies you can buy at the fort(besides food and wagon health) are upgrades for your wagon/family/ox.

The premise is the same, but they improved everything IMO.

Too simple and no replay value?
It is easier than the original, i haven't had any family members die yet(i've had broken bones and sickness, but a few days rest fixes that) and not having to buy specific wagon parts takes away from the challenge that the original had. It's not too simple, but it's easier than the original.

There are a few achievements there that are going to require you to play a few times(Bear Minimum and Psycho Killer can't be gotten in the same play through... I think, i could be wrong)

Conclusion: If you have fond memories of the original or are obsessed with getting chevos, It's worth the buy. It seams like an easy 200/200gs.
If you never played the original, It's still a good game, but there might be better games out there for you.

P.S. If you never played the original or want to relive the memories, you can find it here:
http://www.virtualapple.org/oregontraildisk.html

Kunduz
11-25-2010, 05:32 PM
reminds me of my childhood :D

luuwat
12-28-2010, 09:15 PM
[QUOTE=qSasukep;3745286]I personally loved this game growing up, i'd like to know when it comes out and how much it is.[/QUOT

when is it coming out in the uk

it is not on zune or market place

E] im from the uk, i changed the regional settings to US and rebooted my comp, loaded up zune and it was there, BUT of course it wouldnt allow me to buy it because of my gamertag location which is UK and the game content is american.

there looks like no way around it for now

Leecpfc
01-13-2011, 11:08 AM
Apparently the reason this isn't available in the UK is "due to publisher licensing" :mad:

luuwat
01-14-2011, 08:47 AM
Apparently the reason this isn't available in the UK is "due to publisher licensingtha" :mad: that sucks, look like more games in the future will have this problem