PDA

View Full Version : Xbox makes loud noise when I load up Kinect Adventures

TealPavelski
11-17-2010, 09:18 PM
I just got the Kinect Bundle today and when I put Kinect Adventures into the disc tray the Xbox got really loud, like the disc was spinning faster and the side of the Xbox got really hot. Anyone else experiencing this?

Miles Prower CC
11-17-2010, 10:31 PM
You got a Slim or an old XB?

TealPavelski
11-17-2010, 11:21 PM
I bought the Kinect Bundle that came with the 250GB Slim. It doesn't matter now, cause I a getting a refund on it.

BOROBUTTY
12-13-2010, 05:12 PM
Mine make a loud sound when playing Kinect adventures too. If i apply light pressure on the disc tray it stops. I only get this with kinect adventures! Could be a large batch of uneven discs shipped with kinect or Kinect Adventures runs at high speed and the xbox has an issue with the disc drive or case. Not sure if i should return mine or not. Lots of people on you tube and other forums having similar issues. Faulty hardware from Microsoft yet again!!!!! Do they not have test phases for their consoles?

BOROBUTTY
12-14-2010, 07:08 PM
Can confirm that its the new xbox slim not the discs, makes the loud vibration noise with other games too such as alan wake. The only solution is to install to hard drive but I dont think that should be the case. Will be returning mine for another one!

jimmybobmarley
12-16-2010, 10:53 PM
Can confirm that its the new xbox slim not the discs, makes the loud vibration noise with other games too such as alan wake. The only solution is to install to hard drive but I dont think that should be the case. Will be returning mine for another one!

:confused: Not being rude, but what you're saying is wrong and makes no sense. If it was the xbox then it would do it for every game you load there wouldn't be any exceptions on that matter. It's quite clearly certain discs that do it because i myself from personal experience with dvd drives on computer and consoles know that some certain discs do this because they are uneven which cause the drive to run faster to read them. If what this guy is saying is true then nearly every console and pc i've owned has a faulty drive. Coincedence??......... Not really because it's not true.

StillTIPPIN187
12-26-2010, 05:52 PM
Nah its not the xbox.. well its not the slims in general. I have a 4gb and my runs fine. I left it uninstalled from the hdd so the disc was actually spinning and not being read from the HDD and it works fine.

Now i run it installed and still works fine.. just with less stress on my dvd drive.

Vipm1
12-26-2010, 08:57 PM
I think it makes that noice for me too. I ignore it.