PDA

View Full Version : No Sound

Echilion
11-18-2010, 06:35 PM
I have sound at the Xbox Dashboard, but as of today once I load Rock Band 3 the sound cuts off at the Harmonix screen.

And my sound is working with other games

bjh_27
11-18-2010, 10:44 PM
dont suppose you have turned on dolby digital in the game menu by accident?

Echilion
11-18-2010, 11:13 PM
I have dolby digital off

silent rock band is not as fun hah

pmWolf
12-02-2010, 02:01 PM
My Denon receiver shuts its audio off at the Harmonix logo every time also.

(Which is odd, because the receiver kicks butt).

Anyhow, I have to turn it back off and on (or change to a different source and back again) to get the sound to come back on.

Try that with your receiver. Let the Logo kill your sound, then cycle your receiver's power.

I think Harmonix made the logo too "screechy-high-feedback-y"...some receivers think that something is wrong and shut off the audio as a protection.

pmWolf

SpiralGamerpro
12-03-2010, 03:39 AM
That is weird. I'm not sure how to fix that.

Echilion
12-03-2010, 06:05 AM
It now fixes its self when I restart the console(sometimes takes a few tries), though it still happens occasionally and is a nuisance. and i don't have a receiver

Bill 777
12-05-2010, 09:21 AM
I think the amp is turning itself off to protect the speakers.

Try muting the sound while the Harmonix logo is on the screen. It's worked for me.

pmWolf
12-08-2010, 05:51 PM
I think the amp is turning itself off to protect the speakers.

Try muting the sound while the Harmonix logo is on the screen. It's worked for me.

The bizarre thing is that EVEN IF I DO mute the sound on my receiver....it will NOT play audio after the Harmonix Logo comes up.

I have to cycle the input (go to TV, then back to the XBox) for it to come up again.

Very, very odd.

pmWolf