PDA

View Full Version : NBA Domination achievement

tbond22
11-18-2010, 10:08 PM
NBA Domination
Face the hidden boss after Classic Campaign with a team from each division

Does anyone know if you have to play the campaign 6 times (6 divisions)for this trophy or will it count if you play the hidden boss in quick play after you unlock them in the first campaign?

I just finished my first campaign, which unlocks the boss, but I really don't want to run the campaign 5 more times.

Pegasus Tenma
11-18-2010, 10:21 PM
this looks like it will be time consuming

Postmodernmartyr
11-18-2010, 10:56 PM
You definitely have to beat it 6 times...
I'm about halfway through my second play through...
I think if you sit down and go plow through you can beat classic campaign once in about 3-4 hours tops

tbond22
11-18-2010, 11:01 PM
this looks like it will be time consuming

Hells yeah. I'm going to have to pass on this one.

mlemaire
11-18-2010, 11:21 PM
This achievement is re-goddamn-diculous. I mean, I love this game, but I don't know if I love it enough to go through campaign a total of 12 times! (East and West)...rough.

tbond22
11-19-2010, 12:25 AM
This achievement is re-goddamn-diculous. I mean, I love this game, but I don't know if I love it enough to go through campaign a total of 12 times! (East and West)...rough.

I feel the same way and was hoping there was a shorter way to do it. I think it's only 6 times because there are 6 divisions, but that is still too much. That's more than 215 games against the CPU.

Pashos
11-19-2010, 12:32 AM
I think if you sit down and go plow through you can beat classic campaign once in about 3-4 hours tops

That's not true. Each game is about 15 minutes (3 minute quarters plus the time between baskets and quarters) and there are 36 games per campaign. That would mean each campaign takes around 9 hours to complete. You have to go through 6 times because there are 6 divisions so that 54 hours just for these achievements. Then you have to go through the Remix Campaign which is a lot harder than the Classic Campaign.

tbond22
11-19-2010, 12:40 AM
That's not true. Each game is about 15 minutes (3 minute quarters plus the time between baskets and quarters) and there are 36 games per campaign. That would mean each campaign takes around 9 hours to complete. You have to go through 6 times because there are 6 divisions so that 54 hours just for these achievements. Then you have to go through the Remix Campaign which is a lot harder than the Classic Campaign.

I take it there is no way to skip to the last game. There has to be a faster way, do they really want to torture us that much? Who the hell wants to play through this 6 times?

Postmodernmartyr
11-19-2010, 12:46 AM
Yeah I guess my math was off, but it sure didn't seem like 9 hours to beat it the first time...

And they hope you want to play it that much, that's why it unlocks both achievements and characters...

tbond22
11-19-2010, 01:00 AM
Yeah I guess my math was off, but it sure didn't seem like 9 hours to beat it the first time...

And they hope you want to play it that much, that's why it unlocks both achievements and characters...

Well I might finish it in the next 10 years, but there are too many other games to play right now. I love NBA Jam, but not enough to play the campaign 6 times.

Postmodernmartyr
11-19-2010, 01:04 AM
Well I might finish it in the next 10 years, but there are too many other games to play right now. I love NBA Jam, but not enough to play the campaign 6 times.

I get that completely, but I rarely get new games (because I'm always broke), but made this one an exception...

I've loved NBA Jam since forever, I even loved the PS2 one, I'll be playing this a lot and happily...

and on top of that, a lot of my friends don't really play video games who would totally play this... and local multiplayer is very fun and you can start one of those campaigns with a friend and go all the way through 2 player for some variation...

Park Diesel
06-10-2011, 01:19 PM

Your math is correct but, 1 second on the game clock is not 1 second in reality. 1 second in reality is almost 3 seconds on the game clock. Obviously the game clock stops for baskets made, quarter breaks, & halftime but 54 hours is way too high. It should be more like 35 - 40 hours.