PDA

View Full Version : How friendly is this game to newcomers?

Ultron18
11-19-2010, 03:43 AM
Never played this before and was wondering if it had good enough tutorials and easy enough AI for me to learn. I do have a background in CCG's though having played Magic, Vs, and pokemon before so I'm not a complete card game newb.

Also is it like magic with preconstructed decks you can add certain cards to or is it full sets with deck building?

Foxhound300
11-19-2010, 04:00 AM
From what I've heard the AI is brutal. You start off with a crappy deck and they all have fully built decks.

Also you can customize your entire deck, but there isn't exactly what I would call a "full set" in there. Many key support cards are in this but the cards they support are not, inevitably to be released as DLC to steal everyone's money.

crazy W01f 816
11-19-2010, 04:15 AM
I only played the demo (for 2 hours), but you will be destroyed again, and again, and again. The game pretty much expects that the player knows what they're doing so don't expect too decent tutorials.

hawaiianruler
11-19-2010, 04:49 AM
I honestly never looked through the tutorials because I have played this game for years with real cards. However, I think that if you have a background in magic you will be ok. The deck they start you off with has a few really good cards but if you don't know how to play it well you will get beaten. The demo gives a really good idea at how this game plays because you can do half of the single player mode and all the deck editing but none of the multiplayer.

Basically, the AI is really based on luck. The same AI can play an awesome game and destroy you or can play like crap and you smoke them. It really depends on what you draw. Many of the AI in the first part of the single player are much stupider than they are in the second part.

It gives you an ok deck that you should be able to use to beat the first half of the single player but after that all the deck building is up to you. You get the deck recipe for every AI you beat but you need all of their cards to use them (read as you need to spend many many hours to get all their cards). However, if you don't edit your deck, you will lose a lot.

UnknownPleasures
11-19-2010, 06:54 PM
I never played any Yu-Gi-Oh before playing this game so I was a complete noob but after going through the tutorials and playing a few matches I got a hang of it really quickly and can now beat the AI like 80% of the time. Beat Yusei my first try and also beat Jack.

The 8lue Ace
11-21-2010, 01:02 AM
Its not, simple as that xD

hydrosugar
11-25-2010, 11:38 AM
yeah the AI is pretty tough but i reckon the tutorials were okay. i mean i didnt even know what a syncro summon was before i went through it. now i do very well aginst the computers. although i had a basic background knowledge.