PDA

View Full Version : Antico West Flag......

machonach0
11-19-2010, 08:11 PM
I need one more flag in Antico West and there is no possible way to get to it. It's on a raised piece of land left of the pyramid landmark and the only way to get to it is across a bridge, but the bridge is broken and you can't jump across. I really need help with this, I've spent over 2 hours trying to get to it and I can't figure out how, I would really appreciate some help.5406

I think that will let you see a picture of the map with flag locations, I circled the one I need.

Jones23
11-19-2010, 08:37 PM
This one gave me some headache too, though the solution is pretty obvious. You actually can jump across the gap in the bridge, but it's a bit tricky. You have to jump from the higher edge of one side to the middle of the other side and hold B while in the air to grab the ledge. I think you need the glove from Leonardo to do the grabbing, but I'm not sure about that.

machonach0
11-19-2010, 08:52 PM
This one gave me some headache too, though the solution is pretty obvious. You actually can jump across the gap in the bridge, but it's a bit tricky. You have to jump from the higher edge of one side to the middle of the other side and hold B while in the air to grab the ledge. I think you need the glove from Leonardo to do the grabbing, but I'm not sure about that.

I just tried like 20 times to do this and he still doesn't grab on to it, I don't know how you did it, but there is no way in hell that I can grab the other side of the bridge, I've beat the game and I have the glove from Leonardo, so I have no idea why I can't get this. Did you jump from the left or right side of the bridge?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just randomly grabbed it after about 50 tries, thanks for the help.

Capt Kinuckles
11-19-2010, 09:11 PM
You use a horse to jump across the gap

Joshbond
11-21-2010, 02:39 PM
I'm having the same problem, i actually managed to wall run up a bit of wall to the left of the bridge and grab on. Not sure how i did it as it was unexpected and i accidentally let go straight away. Furious with my self and i haven't been able to do it again lol :@

Direkin
11-22-2010, 01:56 AM
My horse wouldn't jump it, but a parachute helped a lot there.

kuuassmofo68
11-22-2010, 03:07 AM
another guide says to use the horse while galloping and it'll jump it, but i cant figure out how to get the stupid thing to gallop. so i rode towards the gap, stood up, jumped, and used the parrachute, got it my first try

JesusBread
11-27-2010, 11:07 AM
another guide says to use the horse while galloping and it'll jump it, but i cant figure out how to get the stupid thing to gallop. so i rode towards the gap, stood up, jumped, and used the parrachute, got it my first try

Right trigger + A? You are using your horse, right? Hijacked horses suck and won't gallop for the most part.

Quickdraw
11-27-2010, 12:00 PM
Right trigger + A? You are using your horse, right? Hijacked horses suck and won't gallop for the most part.

i uased a heavy armoured horse when i went around, plate armour and red/black drapes. it doesn't gallop that well. i went and found another horse and was fine after that. i tried jumping the gap a few times as well but too far, parachute will help but i suck with them so i prefer the horse option :)

Jones23
11-27-2010, 12:19 PM
You can't gallop in Rome, no matter which horse you take. You can only gallop on a few missions.

And like I already wrote in the second post, you can jump the gap without a horse and even without parachutes, just hold B while in the air to make Ezio grab the ledge.

Quickdraw
11-27-2010, 02:31 PM
You can't gallop in Rome, no matter which horse you take. You can only gallop on a few missions.

And like I already wrote in the second post, you can jump the gap without a horse and even without parachutes, just hold B while in the air to make Ezio grab the ledge.

i tried this several times it was having none of it and was frustrating the hell out of me.

Worhammer
11-27-2010, 02:46 PM
This is a lie.

I too used an armored horse and could not clear the gap, so I went and hijacked one of the nice black ones.

It galloped fine (and, not being covered in armor, much faster...) and cleared the gap with no issues.

Please try not to spread misinformation.

Jones23
11-27-2010, 07:35 PM
This is a lie.

I too used an armored horse and could not clear the gap, so I went and hijacked one of the nice black ones.

It galloped fine (and, not being covered in armor, much faster...) and cleared the gap with no issues.

Please try not to spread misinformation.
Is it?
Then please get on a horse hold RT and look at the top right corner of the screen. Does it say stand/gallop for the A button? No? Then I guess I wasn't lying after all.

Gallop requires to hold both RT and A button, which can't be done in Rome, but only in some missions. Holding only RT is no gallop, but trot or maybe canter.

It may well be that some horses are faster than others, but that was never part of my statement.

So don't go around accusing others of lies, if you don't know shit.

SWF
11-27-2010, 08:34 PM
Is it?
Then please get on a horse hold RT and look at the top right corner of the screen. Does it say stand/gallop for the A button? No? Then I guess I wasn't lying after all.

Gallop requires to hold both RT and A button, which can't be done in Rome, but only in some missions. Holding only RT is no gallop, but trot or maybe canter.

It may well be that some horses are faster than others, but that was never part of my statement.

So don't go around accusing others of lies, if you don't know shit.

Jones23 is right, you can't gallop while in Free Roam, the option only appears in one or two missions. You can trot using the RT, but galloping is RT + A, and that doesn't work in Free Roam.

Besides, you don't even have to run to jump the gap, you can walk up to it and the horse will jump. The only trouble I had was I couldn't get it on one horse, but as soon as I tried another, I cleared the gap.

So if the horse won't jump, try a different horse. I believe I got it on the horse with all the packs on it, while a different white horse wouldn't do it.
It does feel like some horses move faster, so maybe that's it.

KriugerisLT
11-27-2010, 11:07 PM
Use the horse... Geez... Hold RT + A and gallop towards it. You will be amazed.

Braiiins
11-27-2010, 11:52 PM
When I did it I found that I didn't have to press A, only hold down right trigger. I think holding A is only for the story mission.

Sparda
11-28-2010, 01:33 AM
Use the horse... Geez... Hold RT + A and gallop towards it. You will be amazed.

I see this man is a master of reading threads. In the fact that you can't gallop during free roaming. How else do you think you jump off a horse. Hold RT then tap A Ezio will bunker down, then tap A again to jump. So you see you can't possibly gallop with the use of the A button in free roam.

Anyway I just used a parachute to get across, but I just tried it and using a light horse and holding in RT got me across just fine. Then of course is the trot up, jump off and parachute approach, which also works. Then there's te tricky jump and grab method where you have to grab a little right of the middle of the thing.

Also do some blasted research before you say that someone is spreading false information. It isn't hard to play the game and read what it says.

MediumMelanin
11-28-2010, 06:38 AM
I was having trouble with this too, lol! Damn Ubisoft bastards! Anyway, i tried everything from jumping, climbing, parachuting, etc. Until I thought about a damn horse and it worked. I was like -_-'!

KriugerisLT
11-28-2010, 10:06 AM
I see this man is a master of reading threads. In the fact that you can't gallop during free roaming. How else do you think you jump off a horse. Hold RT then tap A Ezio will bunker down, then tap A again to jump. So you see you can't possibly gallop with the use of the A button in free roam.

Anyway I just used a parachute to get across, but I just tried it and using a light horse and holding in RT got me across just fine. Then of course is the trot up, jump off and parachute approach, which also works. Then there's te tricky jump and grab method where you have to grab a little right of the middle of the thing.

Also do some blasted research before you say that someone is spreading false information. It isn't hard to play the game and read what it says.

Well I galloped the gap with a horse in free roam... How do you like them apples? Srsly, i just took the horse, i was collecting all the flags. Took a horse. Hold the only 2 buttons used for almost everything in this game (RT + A) and the horse will jump over. I did this twice, because there were 2 locations you needed to jump over those broken bridges. At first I thought that you need to jump and grap the ledge, but then i remembered the last sequence memory, where you needed a horse to jump over a broken bridge, so i did just that. Dunno, maybe you just need to hold RT, but i also pressed and held A so... myah :D

kalel6686
12-01-2010, 07:28 PM
I need one more flag in Antico West and there is no possible way to get to it. It's on a raised piece of land left of the pyramid landmark and the only way to get to it is across a bridge, but the bridge is broken and you can't jump across. I really need help with this, I've spent over 2 hours trying to get to it and I can't figure out how, I would really appreciate some help.5406

I think that will let you see a picture of the map with flag locations, I circled the one I need.
Follow the aquaduct above and find the section where it is broken and no architect can fix it. Just climb that part of the aquaduct and follow along until you reach the flag.

kalel6686
12-01-2010, 07:31 PM
Follow the aquaduct above and find the section where it is broken and no architect can fix it. Just climb that part of the aquaduct and follow along until you reach the flag.
Correction, make sure you have the parachute and climb the opposite side of the aquaduct, you will need to jump across and use the parachute than hold B so Ezio will grab onto ledge. This is how i did it, you may be able to just jump across without the parachute. but im not sure.

mark197205
12-01-2010, 07:36 PM
Correction, make sure you have the parachute and climb the opposite side of the aquaduct, you will need to jump across and use the parachute than hold B so Ezio will grab onto ledge. This is how i did it, you may be able to just jump across without the parachute. but im not sure.

Or just ride a horse..

XToastySniperX
12-01-2010, 10:01 PM
Well I galloped the gap with a horse in free roam... How do you like them apples? Srsly, i just took the horse, i was collecting all the flags. Took a horse. Hold the only 2 buttons used for almost everything in this game (RT + A) and the horse will jump over. I did this twice, because there were 2 locations you needed to jump over those broken bridges. At first I thought that you need to jump and grap the ledge, but then i remembered the last sequence memory, where you needed a horse to jump over a broken bridge, so i did just that. Dunno, maybe you just need to hold RT, but i also pressed and held A so... myah :D

Have you even played this game?

Excuse me, kind sir, if I sound rude. I don't wish to cause trouble here at all. But if you see a gaurd riding a horse out in the farm looking areas, sometimes it will be running like a race horse. Now, grab a horse when you see a gaurd galloping at you like this.

Run along side it, and before you know it, you'll be eating the gaurds dust. Holding :abut: does nothing, there isn't a button for it. What you are doing, is you think holding :abut: does something, but it isn't.

All you are doing is holding RT, which is like as somebody else said, a mere trot or canter. Now, in one of the tombs there is a part where you must chase somebody on a horse, in which case you can go much faster, like in the first Assassin's Creed.

But the only purpose of the :abut: in this game when riding a horse, generally speaking, is to stand to perform a jump. :)

maggotdude
12-01-2010, 10:21 PM
^^ what he said, just use your horse to jump the gap on the broken bridge

kgfan2195
12-01-2010, 10:35 PM
Simple just jump across, while in midair hold x to activate parachute it will give you that little extra boost you need to get across no skill involved