PDA

View Full Version : Finally, a chance to recruit!

Rivercurse
11-19-2010, 08:18 PM
Synchronisation - 23.26%
Time played 9:22:44
Distance covered 52878m
Money earned - 233399f
Rome restored - 66%
Towers cleared - 66%

And FINALLY I've got the chance to recruit someone! I think I did too much sidequesting at the start :)

Anyone else finding this game too distracting from the main quest?

Kellwolf9E
11-19-2010, 09:21 PM
I wouldn't side it's too "distracting." I've had the same problem, and I've spent a lot of time climbing viewpoints, killing Borgia captains, burning their towers and exploring the catacombs while fighting wolf men in search of bizarre Roman scrolls. I'd only say it's distracting if it didn't add to the game as a whole. I've thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it, and I even popped into multi-player a couple of times. That's something I didn't think I'd really do except to try to get the achievements. It actually kinda annoyed me that I couldn't get to MORE of the Borgia towers because that part of Rome wasn't unlocked yet.

Rivercurse
11-19-2010, 10:14 PM
I didn't mean it in a negative sense. I love the fact that I'm so lost in a game for 10 hours before even unlocking the chance to recruit a brotherhood, which is what the game is meant to be all about :)

Kellwolf9E
11-19-2010, 10:19 PM
Gotcha. Yeah, many more games like this, and I'll wind up single again.....

Bcleal
11-19-2010, 10:22 PM
Gotcha. Yeah, many more games like this, and I'll wind up single again.....

That made me laugh but this game was deffinatly amazing it was about ten hours before i could recruit as well but iv enjoyed every second of it.

Rivercurse
11-20-2010, 01:02 AM
Ive got 7 assassins at level 8 going on 9 already and the game has just given me a tutorial as to how to send them on missions lol.

I'm loving this so far.

Red Testament
11-20-2010, 03:08 AM
Yeah, I did a lot of side missions before getting to the recruit mission. Everything -- banks, blacksmiths, landmarks, etc. -- that is available to me has been upgraded.

Demendred
11-20-2010, 03:27 AM
Just got the game, and read this. Sweet. Side stuff rules

Ferocious
11-20-2010, 05:22 AM
having 10 fully upgraded Assassins to back you up is crazy... and the militia thought THEY had friends.. well meet mine (eagle sound, smoke, all enemies out for the count)

LOL

Rednav
11-20-2010, 06:04 AM
Haha, yeah I got my recruits fairly late as well, around sequence 6 or so. They're a wonderful addition to the game. They made it for me when I was chasing a Borgia Captain in some sort of tunnel like area and he was much faster than me. He turns a corner sharply, and I press LB at the last second. I see my Assassin recruit leap from the corner and stab the captain in the face. Very cool, loved it.

Nei Debrusc
11-20-2010, 11:35 AM
I just started recruiting last night, also about 10 hours into the game. The side quests are just way too addicting and fun. Every time I run into the "Memory Wall" where I need to synch up more, I would think, "WTF? I've done everything there is, so how do I increase my synch?" Then I remember, "Oh yeah, that main quest thing. Saving Rome. Forgot about that...oh look, an aqueduct I haven't repaired yet!" And so the cycle continues.