PDA

View Full Version : Seriously, what do I have to do to get "A Real Live Band"?

Deleted2014-12-02
11-19-2010, 10:05 PM
A Real Live Band
Beat a song as part of a band.

Done that multiple times... no dice.

What the hell?

Also, on an unrelated note, what are these mystery challenges that say I have to unlock more fans for even though I've got 266m of them?

mikachu93
11-19-2010, 10:17 PM
No idea about the band question. Maybe you need four players? All seven? I wouldn't know; I've never even noticed the goal.

As for the mystery challenges, earn more fans to unlock them and find out.

TwistedFate
11-19-2010, 10:20 PM
As for the mystery challenges, you answered your own question. Earn more fans.

I don't think it is fan based, I have some unlocked but others aren't. It seems to unlock once you have earned 3*'s on every RB3 song for that instrument. May need to be Medium or harder.

Deleted2014-12-02
11-19-2010, 10:25 PM
I don't think it is fan based, I have some unlocked but others aren't. It seems to unlock once you have earned 3*'s on every RB3 song for that instrument. May need to be Medium or harder.

That was my suspicion... has anyone gotten that far yet?

And how many more fans could I possibly need? I'm at 266 million fans and I'm just under 19% of the way to Completionist...

TwistedFate
11-19-2010, 10:28 PM
That was my suspicion... has anyone gotten that far yet?

My Guitar and Bass are open. They opened once I finished the last of the tiered challenges (All Warmup songs, All Nightmare songs, etc...) on Bass. Drum and vox are still locked.

I've also heard that you have to 5* all the songs to get them to open. I don't think I 5* all the songs on any difficulty, but that may have been it.

Deleted2014-12-02
11-19-2010, 10:30 PM
My Guitar and Bass are open. They opened once I finished the last of the tiered challenges (All Warmup songs, All Nightmare songs, etc...) on Bass. Drum and vox are still locked.

I've also heard that you have to 5* all the songs to get them to open. I don't think I 5* all the songs on any difficulty, but that may have been it.

What are the challenges? 100% everything on that difficulty? I think I've still got about 15-20 songs left to play on Bass including one very annoying song about a particular person who once was a race car driver... god damn that's hard...

TwistedFate
11-19-2010, 10:36 PM
What are the challenges? 100% everything on that difficulty?

Earn 3* on all of Rock Band 3 <tier> songs on <difficulty> <instrument>.

Okay, it's not the 5* all the songs challenges, it is finish the 7 tier based challenges (^^ See above^^) to unlock the mystery challenge. I have it unlocked on Hard, but I haven't 5* all of them on Hard yet.

No idea about the band question. Maybe you need four players? All seven? I wouldn't know; I've never even noticed the goal.

Going back to "A Real Live Band", it doesn't have to be 4 players. I haven't played 4 players yet and I have it.

Didi Mau
11-19-2010, 10:45 PM
I don't think I've seen a mystery goal yet that DIDN'T turn out to be the Hall Of Fame setlist for that specific instrument on that specific difficulty. It doesn't seem to be fan based, but instead unlocks when you've done a set amount of the other goals in that section.

I originally thought it was a specific goal, but it seems more like a certain amount of goals which then raises your "rank" title under that instrument in the goals list (the "Living Legend" title I would guess, or at least for the Expert difficulty Hall Of Fame goal)- I had to jump down to Hard to five-star two songs I couldn't on Expert Keys in order to pick up all the goals of Easy-to-Hard, which is when the Hall Of Fame goals unlocked for me on Keys (including the Expert one, even though I was missing two Expert five-stars). Guitar's HoF unlocked immediately because I five-starred everything on Expert right away so all goals were already done, and presumably Drums' HoF will unlock for me when I bother to go down to Hard and five-star Llama for those additional Easy-to-Hard goals.

Edit: somewhat ninja'd I suppose haha.

TwistedFate
11-19-2010, 10:53 PM
I don't think I've seen a mystery goal yet that DIDN'T turn out to be the Hall Of Fame setlist for that specific instrument on that specific difficulty. It doesn't seem to be fan based, but instead unlocks when you've done a set amount of the other goals in that section.

I originally thought it was a specific goal, but it seems more like a certain amount of goals which then raises your "rank" title under that instrument in the goals list (the "Living Legend" title I would guess, or at least for the Expert difficulty Hall Of Fame goal)- I had to jump down to Hard to five-star two songs I couldn't on Expert Keys in order to pick up all the goals of Easy-to-Hard, which is when the Hall Of Fame goals unlocked for me on Keys (including the Expert one, even though I was missing two Expert five-stars). Guitar's HoF unlocked immediately because I five-starred everything on Expert right away so all goals were already done, and presumably Drums' HoF will unlock for me when I bother to go down to Hard and five-star Llama for those additional Easy-to-Hard goals.

It doesn't unlock all of them. My Expert goals for Bass and Guitar are still locked, so I don't think it's Rank based.

I'll test it out on Vox. I haven't started them. I'll go challenge by challenge on Medium until it unlocks. I'll deliberately get less than 5* on at least one song so the 5* on Medium Challenge doesn't pop at the end.

Deleted2014-12-02
11-20-2010, 01:37 AM
Earn 3* on all of Rock Band 3 <tier> songs on <difficulty> <instrument>.

Okay, it's not the 5* all the songs challenges, it is finish the 7 tier based challenges (^^ See above^^) to unlock the mystery challenge. I have it unlocked on Hard, but I haven't 5* all of them on Hard yet.

Going back to "A Real Live Band", it doesn't have to be 4 players. I haven't played 4 players yet and I have it.

Maybe doing it from the challenge menu might encourage it to pop... guess I need to go find some people to play with...

...or play a Rock Band 3 song as a band... no wait... I've done that as well... Bohemian Rhapsody with 3 players (4th guy left right after we confirmed the setlist... DAMNIT).

Firvagor
11-20-2010, 04:38 AM
Are you playing local? I got mine while playing with a friend on the same console.

Didi Mau
11-20-2010, 09:11 AM
It doesn't unlock all of them. My Expert goals for Bass and Guitar are still locked, so I don't think it's Rank based.

I'll test it out on Vox. I haven't started them. I'll go challenge by challenge on Medium until it unlocks. I'll deliberately get less than 5* on at least one song so the 5* on Medium Challenge doesn't pop at the end.

Hrmm, that is intriguing- perhaps it is a special goal after all that unlocks it. I know due to the nature of my Keys method that the "Five-star 50 songs on Medium or 3-star on a higher difficulty" was completed before I got any of the "Rock Band 3 <difficulty> Keys Master" (five-star every song on <difficulty>) goals for Easy-Hard, as I just played through everything on Expert right away and was stuck with two songs four-starred. Perhaps the General or Epic goals for the specific instruments also count towards this? I doubt DLC goals do, as I've already done all of those on Drums and that instrument is still missing the Hall Of Fame setlist.

I still need to do Bass (have 20/64 goals completed) so I'll try and put some work into this as well. I figure I'll five-star 82 of the RB3 songs on expert, then five-star that final song four times individually, starting from Easy-Expert. I still need to do all the DLC goals, so I'll ignore them entirely- I doubt it'll be as accurate as your testing, but hopefully we can start narrowing down some possibilities.

You say you have the Hard Hall Of Fame setlists unlocked for Guitar and Bass, but not the Expert HoF? That's really thrown me for a loop, I was hoping my original theory was correct :p How many goals do you have left for those instruments and what's the rank name under them? If I reach the same amount of goals on Bass and do have the Expert HoF unlocked on mine, I think it'll be safe to say it's a specific goal rather than a rank.

TwistedFate
11-20-2010, 12:16 PM
I still need to do Bass (have 20/64 goals completed) so I'll try and put some work into this as well. I figure I'll five-star 82 of the RB3 songs on expert, then five-star that final song four times individually, starting from Easy-Expert. I still need to do all the DLC goals, so I'll ignore them entirely- I doubt it'll be as accurate as your testing, but hopefully we can start narrowing down some possibilities.

You say you have the Hard Hall Of Fame setlists unlocked for Guitar and Bass, but not the Expert HoF? That's really thrown me for a loop, I was hoping my original theory was correct :p How many goals do you have left for those instruments and what's the rank name under them? If I reach the same amount of goals on Bass and do have the Expert HoF unlocked on mine, I think it'll be safe to say it's a specific goal rather than a rank.

That's why I chose Medium for Vox. I'm trying to unlock as few challenges as possible on the way to completing those tier based challenges to see when it unlocks and exactly what unlocks. 3 tiers to go.

Okay, going to give you more info than you asked for so maybe we can narrow this down.

BASS: 54/62 Living Legend
Medium Goals - 100% Complete
Hard Goals - 7 Tier based goals complete, 5* All songs incomplete, HoF unlocked
Expert Goals - 5 Tier goals complete, HoF not unlocked

GUITAR: 56/73 Hall of Famer
Medium Goals - 7 Tier goals complete, 5* All songs incomplete, HoF unlocked
Hard Goals - 7 Tier goals complete, 5* All incomplete, HoF unlocked
Expert Goals - Nothing complete, HoF not unlocked.

TwistedFate
11-20-2010, 03:57 PM
Medium HoF unlocked when I finished the all the Tier based vocal challenges. 24/56 Professional. No other vocal HoF is unlocked,

Didi Mau
11-20-2010, 04:24 PM
I'm certain it has to be all seven tier goals completed then, I've been going through the Bass tier goals in reverse order to make sure it's not just the harder songs that unlock it and so far I've got nothing new.

It fits with both our current examples too; despite me playing all the on-disc drum charts Llama was so Brutal I only got a two-star on it, meaning I missed the final tier's goal of three-starring everything :( Should unlock the Medium and Hard HoF goals once I go down a difficulty to play it again, though sadly I'm without a working bass pedal to confirm (not that we need it at this point, I'd say). Bass should be finished up by Monday at the most either way, only 30 songs left now.

Neutral
11-21-2010, 11:29 AM
Mine opened after playing all songs, it's just the hall of fame playlist and upon clearing it (8 song setlist that isn't hard at all) you get the credits.

Didi Mau
11-21-2010, 01:00 PM
Just finished all of the Bass songs, and through playing about with no-fail mode can confirm the requirement for the HoF goals is to complete all on-disc charts for that instrument with a minimum of three-stars (ie, complete the seven tier-related goals); so you won't be able to unlock the HoF using no-fail mode unless you're good enough to get the three-stars in the first place (which should only be problematic with the pro instruments and possibly Roundabout/Llama on regular keys/drums). You don't need to be able to five-star every chart, just get the three-star.