PDA

View Full Version : Pro Guitar for Lefties

arasma
11-20-2010, 11:02 PM
Hey everyone, sorry if this has been posted before but Search function wouldn't work and I didn't see anything in the first page or two so...

I'm looking into buying the Madcatz Mustang Pro guitar as I wanted to both explore the pro level of the game and to actually learn a real instrument, I know little about the actual workings of actual guitars so my question as a lefty is this...will I be able to use this to learn as a left handed player?

Apologies if this question is stupid in any way but as I said I know nothing of actual guitar playing.

TL;DR: Do pro guitars accommodate for Left handed players?

mikachu93
11-20-2010, 11:32 PM
The strings are all the same size, and the neck is just buttons, so I'd expect the answer to be yes. However, I don't know for a fact.

Atanatos
11-21-2010, 01:08 AM
The simple answer is: yes.
The madcatz site says it does, and since the strings are all the same and rockband 3 has an ingame feature to switch from right hand to left hand it should work just fine.
As someone who has been playing guitar for quite some years now I have to add something though :p If you want to learn to play actual guitar, you're much better off buying a real guitar, even if it's a cheap walmart thing. In real life there is a difference between lefthanded and righthanded guitars though, so watch out for that ;) But then again, maybe at 19 I'm too old to understand that you can actually learn to play guitar by playing a videogame.

arasma
11-21-2010, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the answer, I've done some further research and I found out (As I probably should've known before) the Mustang isn't actually stringed, it's just a lot of buttons, I think I may just either pick up a real guitar or wait and get the squier model..

x352x pH
11-22-2010, 02:59 PM
But then again, maybe at 19 I'm too old to understand that you can actually learn to play guitar by playing a videogame.

19? too old?? really?! lmao

friedmad
11-23-2010, 10:07 PM
back in the day, i, being lefty, could not find a guitar build for lefties. i had to restring mine ala Jimi Hendrix in order to play lefty. it felt awkward, since the fat part of the guitar was now closer to me and i had to hold my strum hand in an awkward position