PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer Tips.

Jumnious
11-21-2010, 06:53 AM
I'm loving Multiplayer... so I will provide tips.

First, for those concerned with getting lots of points I recommend Manhunt. 2 teams of 4 each team having 5 minutes to kill the other team. This also allows you to hunt for your target without the worry for being sucker punched. i typically net 5000pts+

If you don't know, when you walk into a moving crowd to blend you can stop moving your joysticks and your character will auto-walk with the crowd. Allowing you to simply look around - very helpful when on defense.

Abilities for Defense

As defense you will want two abilities
1 - obviously smoke bomb. once you unlock it throw it on. smoke bomb is great for a quick stun. if you manage to get two people with a smoke bomb do not be greedy. stun one and just run around the nearest corner.

2 - i recommend charge. many people don't but i love it. why? templar vision. its a pussy ability that allows scrubs get a guaranteed kill. however, when your enemy uses templar vision you can tell because their body will be glowing. when you see the glow immediately know your targeted. charge them and stun them. its typically a guaranteed stun and puts their templar vision back into cooldown. run off smiling and happy.

perks

1 - blend. automatically blends one of the individuals in the crowd

2 - fast getaway. it halves the time it takes to successfully escape. better chance of moar points. :]

streaks

1/2 - doesn't matter but definetly have reset cooldowns as an option. dying 3 times and every time after resets your abilities. a must have for the hunted.

Offensive Abilities

1 - charge. automatically kills the target in a morphed group.

2 - whatever but i use disguise. bonus points from using disguise which gives you more love. i don't use templar vision because of what i earlier described. someone that knows how to play will just run off when they see you use it or charge you.

perks

1 - resistance. less time on the ground when stunned. always a win.

2 - use what you like.

streaks.

loss streak - reset cooldown. get

kill streak - +750 point one. in manhunt it is easy to get your silent kills. getting a kill netting 1100+ plus will help ding the achievement as well as a bonus challenge.

Some offensive tips in Manhunt. Take your time ... don't be running when your target is close. Get that big point kill. You see a target on the roof? Ignore them. If you get them because of the running it will only be a crap 100-150 point kill. Besides, they are getting no points for defense while running around up there. So have a laugh...

xInfuzex
11-21-2010, 07:10 AM
Nice little guide, basically everything I have been using and I got level 50 fast. (No boosting)

Demendred
11-21-2010, 07:11 AM
Very nice tips. I love the fact that you can auto walk with the crowd, makes it very useful to scope anyone walking like a player, and not AI.
Goddamn if this isn't a great multiplayer. I love the feeling of I might die at any minute. I like to get points by blending in and not being killed. If my target comes by, they die, of course :)

absolutehell
11-21-2010, 11:17 AM
While I agree with you on the templar vision because of the way it changes the game, like you said later on its easily countered. I've only noticed a few people use it well. I also have no problems with charge, but it kind of does the same thing as templar vision, especially when you are the assassin.

Jumnious
11-21-2010, 06:39 PM
While I agree with you on the templar vision because of the way it changes the game, like you said later on its easily countered. I've only noticed a few people use it well. I also have no problems with charge, but it kind of does the same thing as templar vision, especially when you are the assassin.

Aye.

But Templar Vision can be seen before an assassination can occur - giving the defense a crucial moment to either run or use an ability. With the charge, it's typically a guaranteed kill if your being incognito / silent when approaching a crowd. I always use charge at the last possible second, that way the detection bar is still full allowing a big bonus kill.