PDA

View Full Version : Such a let down!

TwIsTeD mInD42
11-21-2010, 05:02 PM
I've played it for about an hour now, I guess thats a small amount how ever i find it soo repetitive and can't do more then 1 or 2 missions without getting board. I thought ac2 was fantastic and would give it 9.5/10

From what i saw and read and had heard I was going to say this was gonna be game of the year for me, however I find it so boring and too similar to ac2, there is not enough difference. From 1 hour of game play i'd give 7/10 hopefully it gets better

Gorjira
11-21-2010, 05:32 PM
Keep playing. Your little personal ratings don't mean anything, as one hour into any game you have to go through some tutorials and also an introduction, ya'no? Chill out and play the game.

Also, if you rated AC2 a 9.5 and Brotherhood is so similar, what makes Brotherhood lose points? It's the same, and it's bloody brilliant.

ArcaneFallout
11-21-2010, 05:54 PM
Yeah, my suggestion would to be to go on with the game. Around Sequence 4-5 things start to pick up.

And the game does pick up RIGHT where AC2 left off, I don't think in a two second time-lapse between the games, there will be a huge plot twist to change the game mechanics. I'm glad it's similar to it's predecessor, it feels like a true sequel.

Mea Onus
11-21-2010, 05:55 PM
You know I felt pretty damn similar to the OP within the first few hours. How many times do I need to tail someone? Or how many times do Lucy and I need to keep repeating the same jumps? The writing was also downright terrible, there sentences that simply didn't make any sense.

However, that being said, you will get to the point where it picks up, not so much story wise IMO, but once you recruit assassins and begin to play a larger part in shaping the city it does get more engaging. Stick with it, it does get better, more so than 2 (or even 1), well that's very debatable.

Rivercurse
11-21-2010, 05:55 PM
Agree with poster 2 you don't make any sense. AC2 = 9.5 but ACB = less, yet you say its pretty much the same?

Timmsy
11-21-2010, 06:17 PM
recruiting assassins and sending them on missions is wicked and fixing up rome, i think your a bellend lol the kill streaks and new fighting mechanics are amazing, every AC game will be the same generally, hence it being a sequel, your an assassin, you assassinate?what did you want to do? some of the missions are brilliant and i am only on sequence 4, i like running round the city and doing all these new guild quests it is so diverse,

the guy saying there is sentences that dont make any sense? what are you on about in your world? voice acting and writing is spot on!

xTGMx INF3RNO
11-21-2010, 06:22 PM
it is fantasic and the muliplayer well. ive stopped playin cod for ac muliplayer its brilliant cod is shit compared to this

MagicMo
11-21-2010, 06:40 PM
The multiplayer alone makes the game atleast a nine, maybe a high eight. The story is pretty interesting aswell.

CRA166 T
11-21-2010, 06:50 PM
dude i made a post 2 dys ago about how let down i was, but must admit im adicted to it now.

It does feel strange at first as its kinda an interim game but go with it.

Jumnious
11-21-2010, 06:52 PM
Not enough difference? Improved combat. New abilities and animations. New and more elaborate side missions. Training Assassins and Contract work. Multi-player in itself. A direct sequel to expand the story of AC2 and that of Desmond.

So what? You observed the same graphic engine and similar game elements and automatically assumed that there isn't a difference?

Genius.

xTGMx INF3RNO
11-21-2010, 07:05 PM
Not enough difference? Improved combat. New abilities and animations. New and more elaborate side missions. Training Assassins and Contract work. Multi-player in itself. A direct sequel to expand the story of AC2 and that of Desmond.

So what? You observed the same graphic engine and similar game elements and automatically assumed that there isn't a difference?

Genius.
Could not have put it better myself.

Captain Urahara
11-21-2010, 07:09 PM
I think the single-player stands well on its own. Sure I ran into a few glitches(most in the VR training) but it did well enough.

Personally I think the multi-player is not only unnecessary, but extremely unbalanced. It seemed well enough for my first few matches, but the more I play the more prevalent it becomes.

Vegggi
11-21-2010, 07:13 PM
Well the MP is surely like a breath of fresh air ;)

The single player is like the improved ACII and that's how we like it! :D The achievements could have been better tho! To easy in single player!

Gorjira
11-21-2010, 08:03 PM
You guys make dumb posts, if its the same and out at a later time, and its the same and its something you've played before why wouldn't it be less?

If its not less for that reason than why should companies just keep releasing the exact same game, same graphics, same mechanics, same everything, but just change story and make it never-ending in that manner? The OP's statement does make sense, its you guys that don't.

DISCLAIMER - I am in no way shape or form saying it is the same or bad, or for that matter, posting any opinion on the game in this post, I am just simply stating why I believe the OP's statement makes sense, so if you counter-post this, thats the argument you have to engage in, otherwise you have just brought up a different argument that had nothing to do with my post entirely.

Sorry, are you playing AC2? Because everywhere I go in AC:B there is new features and new things to do that were not in AC2. This is a new game, similar to the old ones, and builts on top of what we all love about each game. The OP didn't get further into the game to try out anything new.

HorsemanOfWar16
11-21-2010, 08:30 PM
Goty - nuff said !