PDA

View Full Version : The Gloves Come Off Help

Daggra
11-21-2010, 07:26 PM
Hey guys, for the people who already have the achievement, I was wondering how they did it. I got to the last round without a problem, but this last round is just tough for me. Sometimes a counter will net a OHKO, but most of the time, Ezio will land 2 punches and the guy will dodge the last one. I can't kill these guys within the very relatively short time limit. Any hints? I know that kicking sometimes help, but it still requires ~10 seconds for each guy. I also noticed that sometimes, after kicking a guy, Ezio will randomly do a OHKO animation on him, but I can't get these to trigger every single time.

KrossWinter
11-21-2010, 07:40 PM
I ran right in there and just started spamming X as fast as I could with a couple kicks (A) thrown in to break up their defense so it would let me hit them harder. I finished with 2 seconds left as the last dude got knocked out.

Always keep your finger hovering around RT so you can pull off a counter whenever you're attacked. That's really all I can say to do.

dakisbac
11-21-2010, 07:50 PM
When I did it I basically just alternated between punching and kicking and focused on one enemy at a time. While going for the first enemy I ended up finishing off two of the others via counters, then finished him leaving me with two. Then again, just went after one dude and finished him off then just waited for the last guy to take a swing at me to finish him off.

I admittedly got very lucky with the counters (they often dodge just like you said) but I think they're less likely to dodge if you're already attacking (as opposed to waiting for them to attack) and I was ecstatic when I beat round 5 on my first try. I failed round 3/4 a dozen times each and wasn't looking forward to losing ~6000 on round 5 going for this.

A little tip: don't focus your main attacks on the dudes that throw sand in your face - they dodge often. Counter killing them works well.

Daggra
11-21-2010, 08:02 PM
Hmm, thanks for the tips. I guess I'll try for this achievement again when I get on later. I just hate losing money for having to try again. And I do have to say that I notice that most counters seem to work when you're busy attacking some other guy. I just think it's stupid how the timer starts immediately and you're standing ~2 seconds away from the guys in the first place.

Azuto
11-21-2010, 08:10 PM
Don't overthink it
Just spam X as much as you can, not even joking... I thought timing might matter, it really doesn't lol.