PDA

View Full Version : online is garbage

StumpyDan360
11-22-2010, 12:29 AM
when i finally get into a game(cause it takes 20 min to find a game), i either get dropped from the host or its a room with people who just run the whole time so i cant find them, but they are after me they have no problem leaping from 50 feet away and assassinating me or outrunning me like im standing still... o and i never thought id worry about spawns in this game but the game loves to spawn me next to the guy looking for me.

Alien Nation
11-22-2010, 12:52 AM
when i finally get into a game(cause it takes 20 min to find a game), i either get dropped from the host or its a room with people who just run the whole time so i cant find them, but they are after me they have no problem leaping from 50 feet away and assassinating me or outrunning me like im standing still... o and i never thought id worry about spawns in this game but the game loves to spawn me next to the guy looking for me.

I had one spawn death. So its safe to say that spawns arent a problem. I admit that a couple of days ago finding a room was just horrible, but lately its been very fast and easy. Idk with whom youve been playing but i rarely see ppl run all the time. Just keep practicing and youll fihure out how to play properly. But dont despare cause as you lvl up it becomes easier with the new abilities you unlock.

Godd luck to you if you decide to keep playing

Minty
11-22-2010, 01:12 AM
This is one of the most refreshing online experiences of the year. Give it a few goes. And try and get a mate and do 2v2v2. Far more fun that free for all.

Captain Urahara
11-22-2010, 01:20 AM
1) I've gotten killed as soon as I spawned about 5 times now. One time I spawned and then someone spawned behind me, assassinating me immediately because he just got a contract on me after spawning.

2) I'm always in games where people always know who I am. I can be a Barber standing with 5 other Barbers and they know exactly who I am(yes I'm blending and no they don't have Templar Vision).

3) Sometimes when someone is chasing me I activate my speed boost and throw down a smoke bomb. They run straight through it and catch me even though they don't use speed boost.

4) I've had 2 people(around level 12-15 if I remember correctly) who seemingly had no cooldown on their abilities. Kill me with the Hidden Gun, spawn, dead from Hidden Gun, spawn, dead from Hidden Gun, spawn, dead from Hidden Gun. All from the same person.

5) I've had people throw down continuous smoke bombs. One time a single person threw down 3(again no cooldown) and then killed/stunned everyone near him at his leisure.

6) I've had people who can't be assassinated. It gives me the target but when I get near them I never get the X button prompt. Hitting X, holding X, mashing on X all do nothing and then they stun me and run.

7) While playing Alliance I've seen people who were able to assassinate both teams(you are only supposed to assassinate one team and stun the other).

All 100% true and I experienced them myself. You might think I'm embellishing the truth but I'm not. No lies at all. I wish I had some equipment to capture all of this but I don't.

xCOYOTExZOMBIEx
11-22-2010, 01:21 AM
This is one of the most refreshing online experiences of the year.

Of the decade I would say :) I've had one game where everyone was running on the rooftops but other than that every game has been awesome, have you checked your internet settings and what-not because I get in a game in seconds :confused:

Ferocious
11-22-2010, 01:46 AM
This is one of the most refreshing online experiences of the year. Give it a few goes. And try and get a mate and do 2v2v2. Far more fun that free for all.

Yeah I agree. Well free for all is fun here and there, but Manhunt & Alliance are really fun when you have 1-3 friends (alliance 1, manhunt up to 3.. both plus you of course). I don't really have that many issues connecting nor staying in game. I think I was dropped once and have no issues with spawning either.

If you don't have your proper ports on router open, you will probably take longer to connect to others. Make sure your NAT settings for your XBox 360 are "Open". Yes it does take a bit to load up, however usually once a good game gets going most people click rematch and it smooths along.. not the fastest or slowest matchmaking but definitely the "freshest" MP right now.

WhIpLaSh 014
11-22-2010, 01:46 AM
Far more fun that free for all. I absolutely hate Wanted. Everytime I get a contract to kill, I always seem to have 3 or 4 pursuers on me trying to kill me all at once. I admit, though, that Manhunt is essentially the same thing, except it's team based and you have to hide/find the enemies on the map. Everytime I join a game of Wanted or Advanced Wanted (which absolutely sucks imo) I just quit out.

Th3Mask3dM3nac3
11-22-2010, 05:00 AM
I absolutely hate Wanted. Everytime I get a contract to kill, I always seem to have 3 or 4 pursuers on me trying to kill me all at once. I admit, though, that Manhunt is essentially the same thing, except it's team based and you have to hide/find the enemies on the map. Everytime I join a game of Wanted or Advanced Wanted (which absolutely sucks imo) I just quit out.

If you like it don't join it, you can select what game mode to join...

Anyway I love the idea, just not the players...every game I join everyone just runs around like its Halo or something and gets measly 100 point kills. I like to actually use blending and hiding spots to try and make people kill civilians, and strike out of no where instead of getting in a chase every 10 seconds.

MASS DOMINATION
11-22-2010, 05:21 AM
very interesting opinions on the multiplayer. it seems people are split between liking it and hating it. i have the game but haven't played it yet due to the awesomeness of NFS.

I really hope i end up enjoying the multiplayer cause i dont want to have to rank up 50 levels in a game i don't like (eg, bioshock 2:mad:).

Scarab83
11-22-2010, 05:25 AM
I tried a couple games of the multiplayer. It seems fun, but it makes me extremely anxious. I don't like feeling hunted. ;P

Zaku77
11-22-2010, 05:32 AM
I've noticed all the people that bitch about this game are either flat bad at it, or they just don't quite get the ebb and flow of it. I have a buddy like that. It's rather funny to hear all his shouting!

linktriforce007
11-22-2010, 09:59 AM
nah, you're just garbage at the game.

Oh lookie here. It's the troll again... haha... *lame*

Moving on, I didn't really care for this multiplayer. Maybe it's like Bioshock 2 where I'll get better as I move on, but I have got to say, either the layout is horrible, or I am SUPER bad.

CIF
11-22-2010, 10:09 AM
I've noticed all the people that bitch about this game are either flat bad at it, or they just don't quite get the ebb and flow of it. I have a buddy like that. It's rather funny to hear all his shouting!
Gotta agree with this. MP rules.

Quickdraw
11-22-2010, 10:39 AM
1) I've gotten killed as soon as I spawned about 5 times now. One time I spawned and then someone spawned behind me, assassinating me immediately because he just got a contract on me after spawning.

2) I'm always in games where people always know who I am. I can be a Barber standing with 5 other Barbers and they know exactly who I am(yes I'm blending and no they don't have Templar Vision).

3) Sometimes when someone is chasing me I activate my speed boost and throw down a smoke bomb. They run straight through it and catch me even though they don't use speed boost.

4) I've had 2 people(around level 12-15 if I remember correctly) who seemingly had no cooldown on their abilities. Kill me with the Hidden Gun, spawn, dead from Hidden Gun, spawn, dead from Hidden Gun, spawn, dead from Hidden Gun. All from the same person.

5) I've had people throw down continuous smoke bombs. One time a single person threw down 3(again no cooldown) and then killed/stunned everyone near him at his leisure.

6) I've had people who can't be assassinated. It gives me the target but when I get near them I never get the X button prompt. Hitting X, holding X, mashing on X all do nothing and then they stun me and run.

7) While playing Alliance I've seen people who were able to assassinate both teams(you are only supposed to assassinate one team and stun the other).

All 100% true and I experienced them myself. You might think I'm embellishing the truth but I'm not. No lies at all. I wish I had some equipment to capture all of this but I don't.

there does seem to be a small delay when stunning people for sure, killing isn't that bad, unless they get up from a stun then it takes ages for it to reappear strangely.

some bug in the targeting mechanic making it play up.

its not bad multiplayer, its a unique take and you prolly don't see it often. a lot of the time if you sprint for just a second they can generally figure out which one is you, but sometimes walking around the whole time is way too slow for my tastes. i might give this another go legit when ive unlocked more ability's so im op and everything dies to my wrath.

Almsivi
11-22-2010, 12:11 PM
I've never even been able to play multiplayer, 'cus I keep getting disconnected right before the match starts... which sucks... because I've been longing to play some - but the singleplayer is awesome anywho, so I guess I'll stick to that until I finish the story :)

blee717
11-22-2010, 02:41 PM
I find the concept of getting kills is corny but also very exciting as you never know who's following you. Although I absolutely hate people that rush you and the ones that are always on rooftops.

Demendred
11-22-2010, 03:03 PM
Well, its for some, not for most.

The trill of the hunt, ad well as being hunted, is quite nice. You never know who's gonna kill you, so suspect everyone!

I like to actually use blending and hiding spots to try and make people kill civilians, and strike out of no where instead of getting in a chase every 10 seconds.

Always fun :)

exo-apollo
11-22-2010, 03:14 PM
^^^^Nice sig, classic Bukowski hah.

I personally think the MP is great, I take it real slow, never run and always end up in the top 3. Nothing more satisfying then seeing your target be an idiot and run across the rooftops, jump straight down in front of you and sprint straight into your blade, without you ever having to break a sweat catching them.

braddelo
11-22-2010, 03:25 PM
Sounds like a shit internet connection to me. If you're under 5 mbps....yeah.

sam0hT
11-22-2010, 05:06 PM
I love how all the "fanboyz" are defending the game by saying that the only people who hate mutiplayer are the ones who suck at it. Like most of you, I'm a huge fan of the games but I'm not lying to myself: mutliplayer just plain blows.

I get in the top three every time and I still think that online games are just complete garbage. Matchmaking is horrible and the gameplay is mediocre at best. This is a perfect example why not every game should be given multiplayer.

I'm sticking to single player once I hit level 40 and get that damn achievement.

gamoamo
11-22-2010, 05:55 PM
I'm sticking to single player once I hit level 40 and get that damn achievement.

Good luck having the achievement pop at 40. lol

WilliamCizzle
11-22-2010, 06:29 PM
I'm having a hard time just grasping the whole concept of the game personally. I'm not bad at all at maneuvering the characters. I am quite fluent being as I've played all 3 of the games 100% of the way through. I just don't seem to do well in multi-player though. I'll get one or two kills, but they don't give me enough time to really get into it with such short matches. I probably should give it some more time, but every time I feel like playing a multi-player game I instinctively reach for a COD.. MW2, or of course Black Ops at the moment.

bwfcskillsinhd
11-22-2010, 06:31 PM
yeah refreshing for sure & makes a good change from cack ops or mw2.thing is level 50 will take years to reach for the average person & well im sure ill be bored of it long before then,but for now im enjoying it

CIF
11-22-2010, 06:31 PM
I have something just over 2 and do fine.

I get in the top three every time and I still think that online games are just complete garbage. Matchmaking is horrible and the gameplay is mediocre at best. This is a perfect example why not every game should be given multiplayer.
Matchmaking is fine in Wanted, but I've seen level 6 and level 19 players in the same match in Manhunt. Mediocre, hell no. The only real problem I have it not knowing how many people are after one target in Manhunt.
I'm having a hard time just grasping the whole concept of the game personally. I'm not bad at all at maneuvering the characters. I am quite fluent being as I've played all 3 of the games 100% of the way through. I just don't seem to do well in multi-player though. I'll get one or two kills, but they don't give me enough time to really get into it with such short matches. I probably should give it some more time, but every time I feel like playing a multi-player game I instinctively reach for a COD.. MW2, or of course Black Ops at the moment.
Play Manhunt, and when you're being hunted find a moving group with at least one other NPC like you. You get 15 points every few seconds for being blended, and you can just move the right stick to look around for pursuers - whose character(s) you know.

I got decently good at Wanted but it gets annoying to be after someone chasing another player and having to reveal yourself if you wanna catch them before you die yourself. Get good at Manhunt and you can average at least 1500 points a match.

BIGbivvie
11-22-2010, 06:40 PM
Keep playing FFA, that should get you in pretty quick.

Captain Urahara
11-22-2010, 06:48 PM
I love how all the "fanboyz" are defending the game by saying that the only people who hate mutiplayer are the ones who suck at it. Like most of you, I'm a huge fan of the games but I'm not lying to myself: mutliplayer just plain blows..

Yeah I really hate that. I can point out glitches/glitchers, problems, and possibly the existence of modders and all I get in return is "You just suck at the game". Fanboyism at its finest.

its not bad multiplayer, its a unique take and you prolly don't see it often. a lot of the time if you sprint for just a second they can generally figure out which one is you, but sometimes walking around the whole time is way too slow for my tastes. i might give this another go legit when ive unlocked more ability's so im op and everything dies to my wrath.

I'm not saying it by itself is bad by any means. I like the way it plays out and, with tweaking, this could be a great multiplayer game. Sadly, I've run into many, MANY problems with it which just ruin the experience. 99% of the people on this forum won't even acknowledge the problems and just default to "you suck". Kudos to those who at least acknowledge the problems.

ExtremeRugburn
11-22-2010, 08:00 PM
very interesting opinions on the multiplayer. it seems people are split between liking it and hating it. i have the game but haven't played it yet due to the awesomeness of NFS.

I really hope i end up enjoying the multiplayer cause i dont want to have to rank up 50 levels in a game i don't like (eg, bioshock 2:mad:).

LOL im in the same boat. I have it, but havent played it due to Black Ops. I really hope its enjoyable because Bioshock MP sucked ass and I hated it so much I stopped playing at level 41.

J20 P1TB0Y
11-22-2010, 10:30 PM
the online was a breath of fresh air at the start everyone acting sneaky and now its people running all over the place and then getting shot

StumpyDan360
11-22-2010, 11:34 PM
well im gonna try to just play with friends so if anyone wants to play manhunt(and doesnt just run around like an idiot) send me a message online

MASS DOMINATION
11-22-2010, 11:37 PM

true, but thats pretty typical of most online games. If ur not good at a game and get killed way more than u die ur usually not have fun. The key is to power through it and get better. I can totally see how if someone is getting killed by "invisible" enemies it can be frustrating since u don't know how to adapt and learn.

xX3T3RN1TYXx
11-23-2010, 05:12 AM
urahara i COMPLETELY agree with you dude. ive had some of those same problems. all the mp now though is people sprinting at full speed and using the gun. it not f ing halo you morons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its called ASSASSINS CREED!!!!!!!!!!!!! its all about stealth so why the hell do you insist on running across th roof tops using the retarded pistol!?!?!?

xX3T3RN1TYXx
11-23-2010, 05:13 AM
oh but i do like the mp though. i just think that it has gliyches that need to be addressed is all.

Zaku77
11-23-2010, 10:16 PM
Just to randomly put this out there. Manhunt is the best way to get experience, and Reaching level 50 will take me 22-23 hours (I'm about 30k exp away, so another 4-6 matches).

ODST Kayne
11-23-2010, 11:22 PM
Go rage somewhere else.

DecayeDPiGSpiNE
11-24-2010, 12:40 AM
I was well blagged when i first played the mp, I didn't know what to expect from it! I hated it at first but thats just cos I didn't get what was going on, then I realised thats its just a fancy game of hide and seek! I can see it getting more addictive in time!

As if theres chaps slagging the Bioshock 2 mp, its well good! Its the most fun i've had on an mp game so far!

Virus2Die
11-24-2010, 01:28 AM
i dont know what to say , i played it till level 8 .
for me hmmm few things are missing , like counter attack in bounty hunt !?

i would like to have that kind of option if i see the assassin right in front of me attacking to block , or counter the attack .

for now i will see how it goes i will start SP .

i Hope i don't have to bost a game till level 50 , i like to enjoy the game , but for now it looks like i wont .

i will give it a few more time or i will end up only with the SP Achievements

Phoenix BLK
11-24-2010, 02:30 AM
multiplayer gets a little annoying at times though especially when they can lunge at me 10 meters away and i freeze up in mid sprint and stand there like a retard. i guess it's the same as the noob-tube on cod, i love it when i can use it and get funny kills but it pisses me off when it happens to me lol.

i think they should have had a game type where you can kill any player and not just your target. that would probably eliminate the runners cause they would have to watch out for everyone and not just one person. That would be pretty fun imo

i watched a guy kill his target and his very next target was me, wtf i was standing 15 meters away from him... pissed me off big time!

when i try to join my mates game and he's waiting in a private lobby, sends me an invite and i get "UNREACHABLE" wtf that's retarded!

davidmerrell
11-24-2010, 03:09 AM
Its pretty fun but Ive litereally only been able to play one game because when I tried loading another it was loading for over 5 minutes and still no game. I absolutely refuse to wait that long to play a game for a few minutes. When it does work its fun though. My only other complaint would be that I was going to kill a target but this other dude got there right before me and killed him so I plopped my ass down on a bench and guess what? The dude that took my kill, well his next target was me. ya, they gave him a target that was 3 feet away. Pretty much bullshit in my opinion but it coulda been a fluke. I doubt it though as Ive read similar stories. They just need to touch up a few of these minor problems and the MP will be fun.

davidmerrell
11-24-2010, 03:14 AM

Umm, anything 1 or above is good you smug bastard. lol

Tweekfu
11-24-2010, 03:25 AM
I really enjoy the multiplayer. So much so that i have barely played any single player so far.

CIF
11-24-2010, 03:45 AM
i would like to have that kind of option if i see the assassin right in front of me attacking to block , or counter the attack .

for now i will see how it goes i will start SP .

How long have you been playing? Smoke bomb immobilizes pursuers if they walk into it, and you can stun them.
I only play Manhunt anymore cause I like knowing what my pursuers look like, and you get quite a bit of points just walking around in blend.

rekikire
11-24-2010, 04:41 AM
I'd love to do more multiplayer, only had 2 rounds and got to level 5. But whenever I try and play it sits on 4/6, 5/6, 4/6, 3/6.....

bensonrecon
11-24-2010, 02:17 PM
I both love and hate it in equal measure.

The concept is refreshing rather than the same tired DM,TDM and CTF modes under different names on every game under the sun. I love the whole hunter/hunted aspect as well as being able to utilize your surroundings just like a true assassin would.

HOWEVER, I know my connection isn't the most reliable so I have to try and second guess other players to a stupid level on every MP experience but it doesn't excuse the fact that virtually every time I use a smoke bomb as a defensive option it does NOTHING. Also how come a game about stealth is all too often ruined by players that run around like morons? Where's the penalty? Oh they only get 100 points per kill.....big deal when they can sprint around for 10 minutes getting a kill every 30 seconds. If someone is sprinting around on ground level and they are pursuing you there should be a proper penalty and not just the chase thing working when it feels like it. I'm also sick and tired of pressing to stun at the first possible oppurtunity only to see my character die at the hands of someone that was facing in a totally different direction.

The major issue is with the players though. Years of being brainwashed into run and gun tactics is spoiling what should be the most innovative and pure stealth MP experience ever seen in gaming. I'll stick with ranked play till I hit 50, hopefully things will change, if not then I guess it'll be a case of player matches till boredom sets in.:(

ixon
11-24-2010, 08:57 PM
online is awesome its so much fun all they need to do is sort the servers out and it would be spot on

Virus2Die
11-24-2010, 11:22 PM
How long have you been playing? Smoke bomb immobilizes pursuers if they walk into it, and you can stun them.
I only play Manhunt anymore cause I like knowing what my pursuers look like, and you get quite a bit of points just walking around in blend.

hmm ok im lvl 8

i give it a try

LeGrimmReaper13
11-24-2010, 11:35 PM
I don't think the servers were working today....

Nova503
11-24-2010, 11:38 PM
I for one am really looking forward to playing the multiplayer once I'm done with the story. I hate a lot of the people online in Halo or CoD, especially CoD in general it's all about camping. The concept of this game seems new and original to me, not something re-hashed. I loved the past games and I'm lovin this one as well so I hope I enjoy the multiplay as much as I have the single player. :D

MediumMelanin
11-25-2010, 06:10 AM
Ah, well that's a shame op, I thought the multiplayer was bad on release date as well because the servers were basically empty, but maybe it was because I didn't really know how to play. When I did, the multiplayer became such a unique experience and it's so entertaining when you're intrigued about your surroundings in-game! It's one of those games where nothing matters except having fun! lol I do! :) Give it another go!

CIF
11-25-2010, 06:44 AM
HOWEVER, I know my connection isn't the most reliable so I have to try and second guess other players to a stupid level on every MP experience but it doesn't excuse the fact that virtually every time I use a smoke bomb as a defensive option it does NOTHING.
This is my only real complaint so far, although I'll admit it's mainly from using it at the last second.
The other thing is WHY ARE NPC'S RUNNING? Twice now I've killed people running out of a group and gotten "Contract lost".

kcifor
11-25-2010, 07:15 AM
Could have been a decoy they sent out man. Happened to me a while before I realized what was happening. Templar Vision is the way to deal with them best I found or Firecrackers. Sometimes wait a bit before running after them and killing them and see if your compass changes too.

Xii
11-25-2010, 08:48 AM
I agree the online is much fun, but for me it takes about 20min+ to find a server!!!!
I have heard many people say this so i think this will kill the multi if they dont fix it.
(Sorry for my bad english)

BlackRiderRazil
11-25-2010, 07:08 PM
I adore the multiplayer. I've got a group of friends who do as well, but I seem to be much more tolerant of some of the stupid behavior than they are. I'm level 22 I think, and having a blast. Unlike others, I think the Team modes kinda suck, so I pretty much play Wanted only.

However, I certainly am aware of the flaws. I agree that the Stun is kind of pointless most of the time, and there really should be a way to counter, however, Ubi made it clear that a kill always wins over a Stun, so I don't bother with stuns unless I'm behind the person hunting me, or I've tossed a smoke bomb. I have run into a few people who seem to have no cooldown's on their skills, but they usually end up at the bottom of the list because they just run around and get those 100 point gun kills. Its really funny when they run straight into your blade though.

As for people running about, it is stupid and annoying and I'm hoping withthe DLC they announced they tweak things to penalize people like that a bit more.

steamboatidk
11-25-2010, 07:45 PM
if you are getting spawned killed you should just try to hide and blend in find another person that looks just like you and stay near the side where the person can't touch you first and you should be good won every manhunt game i have played because of that strategy. If you wanna play later Hit me up GT:skater1075 after i eat my turkey of course.

serenity21178
11-25-2010, 09:14 PM
I dont have a problem with the theory of the online play, its fab and unique take in online gaming.....
What i do have a problem with is the useless server that creates so many lag problems and not to mention it crashing all the time. Sort it out Ubisoft!!!!

Virus2Die
11-26-2010, 06:06 AM
urahara i COMPLETELY agree with you dude. ive had some of those same problems. all the mp now though is people sprinting at full speed and using the gun. it not f ing halo you morons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its called ASSASSINS CREED!!!!!!!!!!!!! its all about stealth so why the hell do you insist on running across th roof tops using the retarded pistol!?!?!?

because some people don't get it ! im always walking or hiding , trying do work with my team , but they don't get it .

i get with 2 kills more points then other people running around .
well some are just noobs sorry

alexZ IT
11-26-2010, 10:36 AM
I both love and hate it in equal measure.

The concept is refreshing rather than the same tired DM,TDM and CTF modes under different names on every game under the sun. I love the whole hunter/hunted aspect as well as being able to utilize your surroundings just like a true assassin would.

HOWEVER, I know my connection isn't the most reliable so I have to try and second guess other players to a stupid level on every MP experience but it doesn't excuse the fact that virtually every time I use a smoke bomb as a defensive option it does NOTHING. Also how come a game about stealth is all too often ruined by players that run around like morons? Where's the penalty? Oh they only get 100 points per kill.....big deal when they can sprint around for 10 minutes getting a kill every 30 seconds. If someone is sprinting around on ground level and they are pursuing you there should be a proper penalty and not just the chase thing working when it feels like it. I'm also sick and tired of pressing to stun at the first possible oppurtunity only to see my character die at the hands of someone that was facing in a totally different direction.

The major issue is with the players though. Years of being brainwashed into run and gun tactics is spoiling what should be the most innovative and pure stealth MP experience ever seen in gaming. I'll stick with ranked play till I hit 50, hopefully things will change, if not then I guess it'll be a case of player matches till boredom sets in.:(

You're in my same situation: They should seriously penalize all those runners!
And fix animations! It's really not possible that I'm too often killed by a stunned hunter or by hunter who is facing in a totally different direction, when it's 100% sure that I've pushed my "B" button "one hour" before him.

Varstahl
11-26-2010, 07:29 PM
I'm too often killed by a stunned hunter or by hunter who is facing in a totally different direction, when it's 100% sure that I've pushed my "B" button "one hour" before him.

It happened so many times before to me aswell I must agree with you. The fun part is it might be by design.

Indeed in the tips there's a clear thing stated: "Stuns don't always work, so don't count on it".

TwIsTeD mInD42
12-05-2010, 06:19 PM
online is awful, worst online ever. Im playing black ops ac is shit

EliteShadowMan
12-05-2010, 06:52 PM
Love the multiplayer in this game. But everyones entitled to their opinions.

Personally Bioshock 2 made me think that Assassin's Creed multiplayer would be terrible, but i'm happy i'm at least enjoying it!

iNiNJiTSU
12-05-2010, 07:26 PM
LOL, Wow, sounds like a real garbage fest indeed. I've not jumped into the core of the online play as yet..I will though, just bought it a few days ago.

Blue Thunder28
12-05-2010, 07:39 PM
Best online multiplayer I've played since Chaos Theory.

DoosMakhina
12-09-2010, 07:10 PM
true, but thats pretty typical of most online games. If ur not good at a game and get killed way more than u die ur usually not have fun. The key is to power through it and get better. I can totally see how if someone is getting killed by "invisible" enemies it can be frustrating since u don't know how to adapt and learn.

The bold is exactly what's wrong with this game, when people think that. Getting killed more than you die is absolutely irrelevant an those that think it matter are the type that spend all game using the hidden gun or just rushing for a chase and a measly 100 points per kill. I've had numerous games where i've finished first with the least kills and most deaths, all because retards don't grasp the concept of the game.

That's tolerable if there are some playing the game with their brain to some extent, but when you get entire rooms of people running on rooftops (can intercept and get free incognito's on those that run on the ground) then it's just shite as although the points system is supposed to penalise those that do not play stealthily you yourself also get penalised when you have to target them. Absolutely no chance of getting a decent kill on people running around on rooftops, thus you get fuck all points for killing them and have wasted a significant amount of time because of them.

Whereas, if you get rooms with people that do go for actual stealthy kills it can be terrific to play.

xTGMx INF3RNO
12-09-2010, 07:51 PM
Best online multiplayer I've played since Chaos Theory. best multiplayer ive ever played.

left4chan
12-09-2010, 08:50 PM
I hate living in the UK for playing games like this. I really want to get good at MP but I can't even finish a match without losing connection. Just got cut from a game at the instant I assassinated some guy, it just froze our characters and I could see other players running around us.

DoosMakhina
12-09-2010, 09:29 PM
I hate living in the UK for playing games like this. I really want to get good at MP but I can't even finish a match without losing connection. Just got cut from a game at the instant I assassinated some guy, it just froze our characters and I could see other players running around us.

Not sure what difference living in the UK has? It's not like the UK has little more than dial-up, when you can get upto 50mb fibre optic broadband... Jus sounds like you need to sort out your internet.

mark197205
12-10-2010, 04:17 AM
Not sure what difference living in the UK has? It's not like the UK has little more than dial-up, when you can get upto 50mb fibre optic broadband... Jus sounds like you need to sort out your internet.

I dont get the UK reference either as my connection on the whole has been fine, yes I've had a few times where its gotten stuck on the "waiting for other agents 8/8".

The main issue in my view is as many others have said those that spend 90% of the game running around, the rooftop hoggers especially so, it gets annoying trying to intercept them but is satisfying when you do, have been tempted on a few occasions to do a random kill just to get a different target.
The other most annoying thing I've experienced is the stunning, I know even in the manual it says it wont work all the time so dont rely on it but when you see your assailant walking towards you and hit the stun button obviously seconds before they hit kill I'd like it to work now and again, in a dozen games tonight its failed every single time, so something zero success in twenty attempts.

DeekBoy
12-10-2010, 06:58 AM
a buddy of mine who lives in the UK says the servers are dead until the Americans get on, so maybe thats what he means with the UK reference. i love this MP though, nice and refreshing!!

CIF
12-10-2010, 07:39 AM
It's not garbage, but it's not very much fun anymore. Stun doesn't work when it needs to, I don't get to lock on to a blinded player I KNOW IS THERE just because they're standing still, and every other fast walk to find a target with just me pursuing ends with them getting killed by a sprinter by a max 200 points. I wanted to make it till lvl 35 before boosting, but I dunno anymore.

Kellwolf9E
12-10-2010, 05:26 PM
I haven't played MP yet past the tutorial. I like what I saw, but it sounds like what I was hearing during from guys in the beta is happening in the general release: everything is awesome if you get a group that plays the game as it was intended......then the Halo Kiddies show up, run around and just shoot people with the gun. I'd rather blend into a crowd (or hide in a hay bale), find my target, and shank him with the hidden blade without him every knowing I'm there. That's how I like playing the single player game, too. I personally HATE free running all the time (and the race missions in the game make me wanna punch something), so I'm looking forward to trying this out when I get more time.

If I get frustrated with the random MP games and get hosed by too many "runners," I just might have to hit you guys up with friend requests to play MP.

k2natural
12-12-2010, 05:04 PM
I am really trying to enjoy AC: Brotherhood's online experience. However, the wait times and set up of the matchmaking is horrible. I have also had issues once i am in a match it will not assign me a target or me as a target making it impossible for me to do anything.

The Betrayer142
12-13-2010, 02:59 AM
Most original multiplayer I've ever witnessed. Not a shooter, not a fighting game, not really an RPG multi. It's an assassination mp.

Yes, free-for-all has been around since forever, but splinter cell didn't have anything close to this sort of emphasis on everything assassin-related.

Not the most thrilling, but it has a unique type of suspense: not knowing which one of the pursuers/targets is yours.

Also hiding from enemies is damn intense, and sneaking up on prey is the best lol.

10/10 for quality and originality.

mark197205
12-13-2010, 03:29 AM
I am really trying to enjoy AC: Brotherhood's online experience. However, the wait times and set up of the matchmaking is horrible. I have also had issues once i am in a match it will not assign me a target or me as a target making it impossible for me to do anything.

The best thing to do in this instance is to kill a random person, that should reset the assigning target system.