PDA

View Full Version : caught in a mosh

xXAKill3rTacoXx
11-22-2010, 04:53 PM
caught in a mosh is the only song i can't 5* on expert i always get 4 and almost 5 as in one or two notes away but then the song ends. i have gotten this on expert bass and guitar both of them same thing which one is easier because i havnt really noticed a difference. i cannot play drums for my life or sing at all

Jester0700
11-22-2010, 07:15 PM
Its alot easier on vocals, since its mostly talkies.

x352x pH
11-23-2010, 09:49 PM
Its alot easier on vocals, since its mostly talkies.
did you miss the part about OP sucking ass at vocals?

Anyways, in regards to what OP said. Yeah, this is one of the ones I can't get.. I consistently 4 star it on guitar and bass. I suck at vocals too, or else I'd do that. I was barely able to get the achievement for 90% or higher on six songs on hard vocals. I had to do DLC songs that I was very familiar with and still barely got it.

JohnnyR74
11-23-2010, 10:44 PM
Some suggestions:

1) Have you tried playing as a band, or with friends? If you don't have anybody decent enough to play the game with, I can help you out. As far as I know, it does count towards your achievement as long as we're both on expert.

2) Try your best to hit every overdrive phrase, especially the phrases which give you 50% of the bar. Look up the chart online, and just try and figure out which is the best place to activate OD.

Let me know if you need some help with it.

marcphx
11-24-2010, 02:01 PM
I had spent HOURS trying to get 5 stars on Caught in a Mosh, and after a lot of unsuccessful attempts, I could finally get it as the guitarist. Funnily, one day later I tried to sing it on Expert and got 5 stars on my very first try - which is something hard to believe, since I'm a terrible singer.

So, even if you can't sing, you should give it a try. Playing this song on the guitar/bass is somewhat frustrating after you miss some notes and replaying it multiple times will quickly kill your arms (at least that's what happened to me).

But still, if you have no desire to sing, I'd probably go with the guitar, the solo will help you grab some more points. Practicing a few times the riffs may help you, too (that's what I did, playing the verse a few times helped me a lot on keeping the multiplier going).

NoThru22
11-24-2010, 04:03 PM
So, even if you can't sing, you should give it a try.
I was going to say this as well. I am a terrible singer but I kill certain songs without even trying. Others, I can't even get it to go into the tunnel at all. I five starred Llama by holding two mics up to my mouth and going la la la la on the chorus because I didn't know the song and boom, five stars, achievement popped.
But still, if you have no desire to sing, I'd probably go with the guitar, the solo will help you grab some more points.
Actually, Rock Band 3 works the opposite of Rock Band 2 in this way. Songs with solos count AGAINST you because now they're counted in the base score, so it's harder to five star songs with solos because it's counting getting 100% of the solo into the base score.

marcphx
11-24-2010, 04:40 PM
Actually, Rock Band 3 works the opposite of Rock Band 2 in this way. Songs with solos count AGAINST you because now they're counted in the base score, so it's harder to five star songs with solos because it's counting getting 100% of the solo into the base score.

Ouch, no wonder why I can't get GS on Bohemian Rhapsody. I always mess up on the solo. D:

NoThru22
11-24-2010, 07:23 PM
Yeah, I worded it awkwardly, but what I meant to say, is it's counting the solo bonus you get for getting 100% on the solo into the base score, which means it's not really a bonus anymore, but a requirement.

SpiralGamerpro
11-27-2010, 06:12 AM
Even if you can't sing, the song is really easy on vocals. The song is mostly talkies, and the phrases that aren't are easy to nail.

Spade422
11-27-2010, 06:18 AM

well that explains why its as hard as fuck to gold star freebird.

D4B0MB1N4T10N
11-29-2010, 07:55 AM
surprisingly, i got the 5*'s on expert drums. i was browsing thru my scores to show my friend which instrument i got the 5*s on for this song, i was assuming bass, but lo and behold, it was drums! yay 94% woot!

btw, i only 3 starred it on bass :p