PDA

View Full Version : Rock Revolution or this?

Spade422
11-22-2010, 09:26 PM
OK, lets face it. this game is god awful, and we all know it.

But...

Was this game better or worse then the scum that is Rock Revolution?

GRASSCIA
12-02-2010, 04:57 PM
Power Gig beats Rock Revolution buy a long shot. mainly in its ability to be compatible with prity much every guitar, drum kit and mic out there. As far as I have seen theres only 2 maybe 3 drum kits that work with Rock Revolution's drum mode. Basicly you ether have to find an FYE that has the Rock Revolution drum kit or buy the RB2 Ion drum. Rock Revolution was fun for a short time and definitly proved that its was priced at 4.99 for a good reason. Rock Revolution was filled with horible covers, the responce time on any instrument and you can finish majority of the game playing the same 5 songs over and over again, at least Power Gig forces you in a way to chose difrent songs from time to time.

lignimvite
02-22-2011, 12:10 PM
Well both suck, but I'd say that Power Gig has a much better soundtrack, but the design of PG is much worse then RR because of how you are required to scroll through menus to play weird songs, but at least in PG there's no weird challenges like in RR. Power Gig does come off as the better game, but barely...

halfiepint
02-24-2011, 04:23 PM
power gig claims to have studied rock revolution to make sure they don't make the same mistakes, but they made different mistakes:

1. air strike drums, WTF? at least RR had real drums

2. what? No bass? (RR had bass but no vocals, although you couldn't play bass career just quickplay)

3. At the VERY LEAST, on RR you could easily release star power or whatever the hell they called it. not just by pushing the back button or as I discovered, the whammy bar. complete and total fail.

4. what? no online play? remember that's one of the major complaints about rock band 1 and guitar hero 2? at least RR had that although you could never find anybody

So at least the songs are master tracks and not bad covers. And at least they don't have those retarded challenges.

one thing about RR, they never claimed they were going to knock down the competition either. They just wanted to be another game, not beat what was already #1.

dakisbac
02-24-2011, 08:43 PM
So at least the songs are master tracks and not bad covers. And at least they don't have those retarded challenges.

I'd just like to comment on this. RR had some terrible covers, but besides that the setlist was quite good. TC, the setlist should pretty much be the deciding factor when purchasing music games.

PS: Those challenges were good. They're exactly what we should be seeing in Rock Band games. Rock Band "challenges" aren't challenges at all, they simply consist of playing the game the same way you always do.