PDA

View Full Version : Hammer-ons and pull offs not counting in career

FFFreak1129
11-23-2010, 12:55 AM
Hey guys and gals. I'm having a bit of a problem here and was wondering if anyone knew what was going on. I've been playing guitar and bass since the game came out. Today I was looking at my goals and saw that on the guitar hammer-on and pull off goals I have 0, and for the bass I have 35.

I found this to be strange so I went ahead and played some songs. And sure enough when I finished and checked again, guitar sat at 0 and bass at 35. I know I hit way more then that.

Anyone know whats going on? I tried clearing my cache and playing more songs, but the counters stay at 0 and 35, thus I haven't and can't unlock the goals for this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

mikachu93
11-23-2010, 01:09 AM
That's strange. I've had the counter increase regardless of the mode, and this is the first time I've heard of this happening.

theshieguy
11-23-2010, 01:21 AM
Well, let's get a checklist going, shall we :p :

*This has to be done on guitar (legacy guitar).
*Songs played with players online DO NOT count.
*HOPOs CANNOT be strummed.
*You must have a game save created (this is the only thing that I can think of as to why your number is 0 :confused:)

It sounds like something might be wrong with your save file if none of the above applies to your situation...

FFFreak1129
11-23-2010, 02:14 AM
*Songs played with players online DO NOT count.

We have a winner!

Ok I think I have it figured out. I tried out a few things and found that I hadn't played guitar by myself since the game came out lol. I tried playing it alone and on the first song I finished I unlocked the first goal for hammer-ons and pull offs on guitar.

Just to be sure I tried it again, but this time I was the host and I invited my gf to play (she was online, not local) to see if that did anything. Played another song and the second goal unlocked on guitar.

I thought maybe whatever bug I had was fixed, so I had her invite me and we played another song. This time the counter did not go up.

So in conclusion, if you are playing alone or are the host, you should be fine. Being the host worked for me, though not sure if it does for everyone else. Hopefully it does. If you get invited to someone's game then it won't count. I'm glad it wasn't my save file that would have sucked.

Thanks for your help on this!