PDA

View Full Version : Kinect vs Bed

Natz
11-23-2010, 02:18 AM
Hi i have a question i need to know as my room cant really be moved around as i have built in wardropes, so my bed has to sit in the middle of my room

Basicly From my window its my bookself that my Tv and xbox etc sit on
Then 2 feet of space
Then my double bed, then about 5 and a half feet of free space.

Im wondering if using that space behind my bed would be fine or would the bed get in the way

Ive tryed googling and everything, The nearest thing ive found is someone asking about oddly shaped rooms and it showed a table beside the kinect but im not sure is a bed in the middle would be different and effect foot movement or anything

Any help would be awesome my mums going shopping tomorrow!

Edit: ive walked across my room and my bed takes up another 6 feet so i got more than enought space just will the bed get in the way

Gun-Nut
11-23-2010, 09:46 AM
I don't believe it will work if Kinect can't see your whole body I guess if you got it high enough to clear the view of the bed it might work.

TakahashiDemon
11-23-2010, 12:25 PM
Bed would get in the way if you're behind it.. when Im playing Kinect my bed is next to me, and sometimes it can get in the way if I don't have Kinect looking at the area where there is no bed to be seen.

kaleido42
11-23-2010, 01:13 PM
When you start up kinect it tilts all the way down to find the floor. One of the ways it knows where you are is then based off of the floor. If the bed is 2 feet from where kinect will be then it likely won't be able to find the floor.

thedaydreamkid
11-23-2010, 02:30 PM
Def should try another room if available. 2 feet will not get you up and playing games with Kinect.

Natz
11-23-2010, 06:31 PM
Thanks for the help i got kinect i'll either have to use it on the living room or try move my bedroom around or push the bed back everytime i wanna play.

Jonezy
11-27-2010, 08:12 PM
u need a big open space for it to be good

RichXbox360
11-28-2010, 08:58 PM
Until I bought the official Kinect wall mount, I had to regularly shift the Settee and coffee table in my Flat to make room for Kinect gaming, now I just stand in a corner near the door of the Lounge, and my Kinect gaming works perfectly, well worth the 20 from Game.