PDA

View Full Version : Songs That Don't Deserve Their Difficulty Rating

SpiralGamerpro
11-23-2010, 07:53 AM
Off the top of my head, on guitar, the 4 songs that I can think of right now are:
Antibodies-Needs to be higher than 2 dots.
Me Enamora-Needs to be higher than 1 dot.
Killing Loneliness-Needs to be less than 5 dots.
Radar Love-Needs to be less than Red Skulls.

TA Sasuke
11-23-2010, 08:57 AM
Low Rider on Drums needs to be at least 2 dot instead of the 0 dot it's at.

ponypo2001
11-23-2010, 02:32 PM
The Look by Roxette on bass. All it is is simple altstrumming the whole way. I FC'ed it first time and haven't dropped a note on it once. Why they rate that as 5 red skulls is anyone's guess.

Totally agree with the above suggestions too.

JohnnyR74
11-23-2010, 02:41 PM
I remember when I was glad that Llama was all devil-tier because it deserved it unlike Painkiller. I have to say, Llama really isn't that bad after all. I think it should be more like this:

Guitar XXXXX
Bass OOOOO
Drums XXXXX
Keys OOOOO
Vocals OOO

I think the reason that some of the things are tiered strangely is because Harmonix takes the 12 hardest songs, and just makes them Devil-tier (Tier 6). That's what I've read, anyway.

SpiralGamerpro
11-23-2010, 07:00 PM
Also, I think The Power of Love deserves WAY less than 5 dots on guitar.

Wyku
11-23-2010, 07:11 PM
Jerry Was A Race Car Driver on Bass is underrated for sure.

ImaginaryDurden
11-24-2010, 07:29 AM
Most vocal songs are not that hard I found (save for Bohemian Rhapsody and Good Vibrations, the only real vocals challenges I have encountered across all three games so far).

Spade422
11-24-2010, 07:44 AM
byob on guitar STILL needs to be 7th tier
constant motion on guitar 7th tier
magic bus on vocals and drums 7 tier
antiboties on guitar (maybe 5th tier?)
llama on bass (6th tier?). also vocals could MAYBE be moved to 6th tier.
the killing moon on bass (at least 6th tier, 7th for FCing)
gimme shelter on vocals NEEDS to be 7th tier.
foreplay longtime on drums should be 6th tier.
no one knows on drums should be like 4th.
smoke on the water on drums should be like 4th.

idk those are the only ones i can think of off the top of my head.

Capn Doug
11-24-2010, 07:55 AM
Something Bigger, Something brighter (or whatever that song is called my Pretty Girls) doesn't seem to warrant the demon rating on guitar. Maybe 5 dots if you are trying to play it with proper hammers.

Llama on Vocals is way too high.

One the lower difficulties on Pro Keys, a lot of the ratings seem all over the place. Strange chords thrown in on two dots that you would expect to see on 5 dot songs and such.

Definitely agree with Antibodies and Jerry was a Race Car Driver, too.

TheDude wuz
11-24-2010, 07:18 PM
I totally agree with all of the above.

They probably did this to get the desired band difficulty order, however.

For instance, if Free Bird had a bit more realistic drum, keys and bass difficulties, it wouldn't have made top tier.

Deleted2014-12-02
11-24-2010, 07:24 PM
I remember when I was glad that Llama was all devil-tier because it deserved it unlike Painkiller.

Guitar Solo 1.
Bass mimics guitars fast strumming patterns occasionally, and is the LOWEST ranked Impossible song on Bass.
Drum intro, constant triple kicks, drum outro.
Holding "-er" for, liek, 20 seconds.

Impossible tier is justified.

On-topic: GOD I HATE JERRY WAS A RACE CAR DRIVER!

TheDude wuz
11-24-2010, 08:24 PM
GOD I HATE JERRY WAS A RACE CAR DRIVER!

Les Claypool is a bass genius. Practice, don't hate :p

JohnnyR74
11-24-2010, 09:03 PM
Guitar Solo 1.
Bass mimics guitars fast strumming patterns occasionally, and is the LOWEST ranked Impossible song on Bass.
Drum intro, constant triple kicks, drum outro.
Holding "-er" for, liek, 20 seconds.

That was my mistake, I wasn't implying that Painkiller as a whole is over-tiered, mostly just bass. IMO, bass should be 4, maybe 5. The only difficult part is the strumming part that occurs twice that you mentioned.

TA Sasuke
11-24-2010, 10:10 PM
GOD I HATE JERRY WAS A RACE CAR DRIVER!

I've got like a -2 on it on bass lolol

mikachu93
11-24-2010, 10:13 PM
byob on guitar STILL needs to be 7th tier
constant motion on guitar 7th tier
magic bus on vocals and drums 7 tier
antiboties on guitar (maybe 5th tier?)
llama on bass (6th tier?). also vocals could MAYBE be moved to 6th tier.
the killing moon on bass (at least 6th tier, 7th for FCing)
gimme shelter on vocals NEEDS to be 7th tier.
foreplay longtime on drums should be 6th tier.
no one knows on drums should be like 4th.
smoke on the water on drums should be like 4th.

idk those are the only ones i can think of off the top of my head.
I think we're talking just on-disc songs here.

Deleted2014-12-02
11-25-2010, 02:00 AM
Les Claypool is a bass genius. Practice, don't hate :p
I've got like a -2 on it on bass lolol

I can't keep a combo to save my life. :( Those HOPOs are ridiculous. So far my best is... I think somewhere between 3.5 and 3.75.

I'll get it eventually... and I'll explode in glee when I do.

SpiralGamerpro
11-25-2010, 02:04 AM
Also, I believe Sister Christian deserves less than 5 dots on guitar.

Spade422
11-25-2010, 02:46 AM
I think we're talking just on-disc songs here.

does it matter? their difficulty ratings on rb1, rb2 and rb3 are still horrible even when transfered over to the newer game. they made a lot of ratings worse (magic bus, for example) when making rb3.

and nobody said the songs HAD to be on disc...

Steadysphere
11-25-2010, 07:44 AM
You know why the disc tiering's are horrible? Because for some reason, Harmonix thinks it's a good idea to have a certain number of songs in each tier. This means stuff like Power of Love guitar, which would normally be a four dot at most, get's pushed into nightmare to fill the gap. Basically, it's better to trust your instincts on how difficult a song is rather trust the tierings HMX has given.

I mean, look at Anti-bodies, it's two dots on guitar and most people are grumbling because they can't five star it.

Deleted2014-12-02
11-25-2010, 05:40 PM
does it matter? their difficulty ratings on rb1, rb2 and rb3 are still horrible even when transfered over to the newer game. they made a lot of ratings worse (magic bus, for example) when making rb3.

and nobody said the songs HAD to be on disc...

Packet Flier on Guitar and Drums got bumped to Nightmare tier because... well, I guess someone got lazy in rating the songs so it was at the lowest end of the Impossible songs... well now since the boundaries have shifted, it's in Nightmare.

And if ANYONE has seen that chart on drums... whoo...

YouTube - Rock Band Network: Packet Flier 5*/127k/OMG THIS IS HARD

You know why the disc tiering's are horrible? Because for some reason, Harmonix thinks it's a good idea to have a certain number of songs in each tier. This means stuff like Power of Love guitar, which would normally be a four dot at most, get's pushed into nightmare to fill the gap. Basically, it's better to trust your instincts on how difficult a song is rather trust the tierings HMX has given.

I mean, look at Anti-bodies, it's two dots on guitar and most people are grumbling because they can't five star it.

If they would put the songs in the right order, and THEN tier them... wouldn't quite have that problem. But it looks like the tiered them as they went and then started running out of room. "Oh, we've already got 12 songs in the Impossible tier... let's put this one in the Nightmare tier close to the top..."

Steadysphere
11-25-2010, 06:19 PM
Packet Flier on Guitar and Drums got bumped to Nightmare tier because... well, I guess someone got lazy in rating the songs so it was at the lowest end of the Impossible songs... well now since the boundaries have shifted, it's in Nightmare.

And if ANYONE has seen that chart on drums... whoo...

YouTube - Rock Band Network: Packet Flier 5*/127k/OMG THIS IS HARD (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9U9JML_fF0)

That, my friend, is what has happened to EVERY song from the RBN. Devil tiers are non-existant on any of the RBN songs for some reason, meaning some of the ridiculous songs from the network have been bumped down. Preposterous, of course. Packet Flier is a perfect example of how stupid it is.

Buddha DS9
11-26-2010, 05:12 PM
Crazytrain on drums.... WAY easier on expert than it's rating would lead you to believe.

SpiralGamerpro
12-01-2010, 01:41 AM
Llama is so much easier than Red Skulls on Keys, it's pathetic. It deserves something like 2 or 3 dots.

Deleted2014-12-02
12-01-2010, 02:42 AM
Llama is so much easier than Red Skulls on Keys, it's pathetic. It deserves something like 2 or 3 dots.

And I bet you are some kind of pianist or something, right? Are you the classic 10 year old prodigy with a stingy grandma/mom who made you learn?

SebastianSB
12-01-2010, 04:06 AM
Disc songs will never be accurately rated because HMX insists on having an equal number of songs in each tier for each instrument.

mikachu93
12-01-2010, 04:23 AM
And I bet you are some kind of pianist or something, right? Are you the classic 10 year old prodigy with a stingy grandma/mom who made you learn?
Killing Loneliness is tier six (five dots) on guitar; I feel it should be tier three, at the very most. I must be some kind of professional guitarist who picked up my first six-string at the age of four, because songs are always assigned to the appropriate difficulty.

Kurataki
12-01-2010, 05:47 AM
Jerry Was A Race Car Driver on Bass is underrated for sure.
I totally agree with you on that.

SpiralGamerpro
12-01-2010, 05:49 AM
Jerry Was A Race Car Driver on Bass is underrated for sure. It's funny how a 5-dot Bass song is underrated, but it is true. That's the hardest song on Bass, in my opinion.

Deleted2014-12-02
12-01-2010, 03:59 PM
Killing Loneliness is tier six (five dots) on guitar; I feel it should be tier three, at the very most. I must be some kind of professional guitarist who picked up my first six-string at the age of four, because songs are always assigned to the appropriate difficulty.

.....what?

mikachu93
12-01-2010, 07:27 PM
.....what?
Just because someone finds a song easier than Harmonix' tiering (not a word) would lead you to believe doesn't mean anything. Unless you were being funny and that post was just a joke (and sarcasm doesn't really translate well over the Internet), I don't see how Spiral must be some kind of piano virtuoso because he found Llama to be so much easier than the difficulty rating says.

EDIT: Feel the need to clarify that when I use the term "piano virtuoso," it's not to be taken literally.

TA Sasuke
12-01-2010, 10:10 PM
I'm pretty sure he meant that since keyboard is a really new and hard instrument on RB, and if you find Llama easy you must be really good. Compared to Killing Loneliness like you said, which is guitar that is much easier than keyboard.

mikachu93
12-01-2010, 11:36 PM
I'm pretty sure he meant that since keyboard is a really new and hard instrument on RB, and if you find Llama easy you must be really good. Compared to Killing Loneliness like you said, which is guitar that is much easier than keyboard.
Depends, I guess. Are we talking Pro keys here? (Spiral never specified.) Assuming Pro, then yes, the chances he's had some practice are fairly high if he finds it that much easier than the rating says. Regular GRYBO charts, though... Any metalhead can work a complicated, five-button keys chart like a pro.

TA Sasuke
12-02-2010, 12:19 AM
Depends, I guess. Are we talking Pro keys here? (Spiral never specified.) Assuming Pro, then yes, the chances he's had some practice are fairly high if he finds it that much easier than the rating says. Regular GRYBO charts, though... Any metalhead can work a complicated, five-button keys chart like a pro.

Yeah i was thinking about that too, but i was assuming Pro Keys. 5 button keys charts are annoying though with all the awkward chord changes.

mikachu93
12-02-2010, 01:06 AM
Yeah i was thinking about that too, but i was assuming Pro Keys. 5 button keys charts are annoying though with all the awkward chord changes.
It's awkward on guitar, that's for sure. I never really liked charts with a lot of weird chords, though; I'm more of a Say It Ain't So man.

SpiralGamerpro
12-02-2010, 01:50 AM
Depends, I guess. Are we talking Pro keys here? (Spiral never specified.) Assuming Pro, then yes, the chances he's had some practice are fairly high if he finds it that much easier than the rating says. Regular GRYBO charts, though... Any metalhead can work a complicated, five-button keys chart like a pro. I meant regular keys.

SpiralGamerpro
12-04-2010, 07:20 AM
And I bet you are some kind of pianist or something, right? Are you the classic 10 year old prodigy with a stingy grandma/mom who made you learn? This is a thread about songs that people don't think deserve their difficulty rating. Anybody is free to post any opinions. Flaming is stupid.

kevinbeck12713
12-07-2010, 11:39 PM
I think in a big country on drums needs to be more than one dot. maybe 3? Beautiful people on drums needs to be less, its not that hard. Jerry was a racecar driver on bass needs to be at skulls, not just for pro. walk of life getting skulls for guitar? oh please. Theres plenty more, i just can't think of them right now

SpiralGamerpro
12-08-2010, 12:17 AM
I think in a big country on drums needs to be more than one dot. maybe 3? Beautiful people on drums needs to be less, its not that hard. Jerry was a racecar driver on bass needs to be at skulls, not just for pro. walk of life getting skulls for guitar? oh please. Theres plenty more, i just can't think of them right now I can't believe I forgot to mention Walk of Life on guitar. It should never be Red Skulls.

tha skarekrow
12-09-2010, 11:50 AM
devo's 'whip is' on pro drums makes me want to throw my tv out the window, yet it's only 2 or 3 notches.

NoThru22
12-09-2010, 07:43 PM
Llaama should not be devil signs on drums. Instead, it should be five flaming piles of poop. That would be more accurate.
devo's 'whip is' on pro drums makes me want to throw my tv out the window, yet it's only 2 or 3 notches.
Holy crap, you're right! That might be the most mistiered song on drums. It's not hard if you just play a piece, but it's such a stamina fest to keep the multiplier throughout the song.

kevinbeck12713
12-11-2010, 07:47 PM

Ahh yes, i wanted to mention that, but for some reason I thought that I was the only one having trouble with this song. My only non-five-stars on expert pro drums are llama....and whip it.

TH4DJ4RV1S
12-21-2010, 05:53 PM
does someone wanna explain to me why the f guitars suck is only level 6? it should at least be in the super secret level 8 reserved for the likes of ttfaf and soulless >:(

SpiralGamerpro
12-21-2010, 06:10 PM
does someone wanna explain to me why the f guitars suck is only level 6? it should at least be in the super secret level 8 reserved for the likes of ttfaf and soulless >:( Red Skulls songs don't exist on RBN.

RichXbox360
12-21-2010, 09:02 PM
The Look by Roxette on bass. All it is is simple altstrumming the whole way. I FC'ed it first time and haven't dropped a note on it once. Why they rate that as 5 red skulls is anyone's guess.

Totally agree with the above suggestions too.

I'm good at that song on vocals, cos it's on one of the Lips games.