PDA

View Full Version : Using Videos for 100% expert, but star power not working?

SkinnyBin
11-23-2010, 12:24 PM
Im trying to finish of the last few songs that Im struggling with, so thought I would try playing an audio track into my mic.

It works perfectly, except I can't get it to activate star power, which obviously kills my scores. Any ideas?

Thanks

theshieguy
11-23-2010, 01:36 PM
Im trying to finish of the last few songs that Im struggling with, so thought I would try playing an audio track into my mic.

It works perfectly, except I can't get it to activate star power, which obviously kills my scores. Any ideas?

Thanks

Before the fanboys (possibly?) jump on you:

Guitar Hero=Star Power
Rock Band=Overdrive

Okay. Now I'm going to ask a VERY stupid question:

Have you tried pressing the :abut: button?

If something else is singing for you, you could at least press one button to earn that achievement. :p

SkinnyBin
11-23-2010, 02:07 PM
Before the fanboys (possibly?) jump on you:

Guitar Hero=Star Power
Rock Band=Overdrive

Okay. Now I'm going to ask a VERY stupid question:

Have you tried pressing the :abut: button?

If something else is singing for you, you could at least press one button to earn that achievement. :p

Haha ye I did try the A button but it didn't seem to work. I managed to do most of it myself now, Im just left with beast and the harlot and Llama, cant find an audio track for these two though. Anyone got one??

Didi Mau
11-23-2010, 02:46 PM
What is it you're doing for this, looking up YouTube vids and then just putting the mic to the speakers? If this actually works competently then I'm going to be all over this to knock out the vocals goals haha, it didn't pick anything up back when I tried this on RB1 years ago though.

Is yelling into the mic not working for you while it's following the audio track? It might look a bit stupid trying to reach the mic without taking it away from the track but it seems like it would work to me.

SkinnyBin
11-23-2010, 02:51 PM
What is it you're doing for this, looking up YouTube vids and then just putting the mic to the speakers? If this actually works competently then I'm going to be all over this to knock out the vocals goals haha, it didn't pick anything up back when I tried this on RB1 years ago though.

Is yelling into the mic not working for you while it's following the audio track? It might look a bit stupid trying to reach the mic without taking it away from the track but it seems like it would work to me.

Reaching over and screaming didnt seem to work!

I've realised u need a recoring of someone singing it, playing back the xact tract doesnt work. Some videos on youtube have people showing off their vocies and there are probably a few of them in this forum.

Wonder if anyone would mind singing Llama and Beast and the Harlot for me?

theshieguy
11-23-2010, 03:15 PM
Haha ye I did try the A button but it didn't seem to work. I managed to do most of it myself now, Im just left with beast and the harlot and Llama, cant find an audio track for these two though. Anyone got one??

Whoops. That Star Power title made me think of Guitar Hero with the :abut: button reference. :p

If you have the microphone next to the speakers, that "noise interference" is probably why the OD won't activate. It might also be your speaker set-up. If there's too much "sound" (or "background noise"), the game gets screwy and it won't be able to separate a singer's voice from the other "noise" it picks up enough to activate Overdrive. Try yelling into the microphone away from the speakers you are using.

And "Llama" is VERY easy to sing. It shouldn't take you more than two or three runs to get 5 stars. For "Beast and the Harlot," just imitate is his voice and use your overdrive during verses (there are more phrases there than in the chorus).

SkinnyBin
11-23-2010, 03:18 PM
Whoops. That Star Power title made me think of Guitar Hero with the :abut: button reference. :p

If you have the microphone next to the speakers, that "noise interference" is probably why the OD won't activate. It might also be your speaker set-up. If there's too much "sound" (or "background noise"), the game gets screwy and it won't be able to separate a singer's voice from the other "noise" it picks up enough to activate Overdrive. Try yelling into the microphone away from the speakers you are using.

And "Llama" is VERY easy to sing. It shouldn't take you more than two or three runs to get 5 stars. For "Beast and the Harlot," just imitate is his voice and use your overdrive during verses (there are more phrases there than in the chorus).

Really? I cant get close to Llama at all!

I've managed to get likr 4.75 stars on Beast and the Harlot, so annoying, just a few bits im struggling to nail.

Maybe I'll give it a break for a bit!

theshieguy
11-23-2010, 03:30 PM
Really? I cant get close to Llama at all!

I've managed to get likr 4.75 stars on Beast and the Harlot, so annoying, just a few bits im struggling to nail.

Maybe I'll give it a break for a bit!

Llama has the verse at the beginning and then it's the same vocal line over and over. How is it hard to get 5 stars on it? :confused: :p

Sing what you can in the first verse and hit all of the phrases in the chorus 1 section. Save all of your Overdrive until that long break is over and use it on the chorus section when you start singing again. Simple! 5 stars!

Again, for Beast and Harlot, just use your Overdrive during the verses.

SkinnyBin
11-23-2010, 03:31 PM
You gave me confidence with llama lol, Id never tried the whole song cos the start is quite hard, all jumpy, and didnt think I would do it. Just 5 starred that now tho!

Beast and the Harlot is another story tho, a few notes I cant get close too!

EDIT: Scrap that I jsut smashed Beast and Harlot on guitar! 196,308! Rock Band Immortal :)

NoThru22
11-23-2010, 09:35 PM
You gave me confidence with llama lol, Id never tried the whole song cos the start is quite hard, all jumpy, and didnt think I would do it. Just 5 starred that now tho!

Beast and the Harlot is another story tho, a few notes I cant get close too!

EDIT: Scrap that I jsut smashed Beast and Harlot on guitar! 196,308! Rock Band Immortal :)
I am NOT a singer and I five starred Llama on my first try by holding two mics up to my mouth and randomly going la la la la during the chorus because I have no idea how the song goes.