PDA

View Full Version : really? no one plays over XBox Live?

friedmad
11-23-2010, 09:58 PM
is there NO ONE who plays this game over xbox live? well, let me qualify that. Is there NO ONE who plays this game over xbox live that doesnt immediately drop out when the songs are picked by the host because they dont like them? or because the host is not playing Expert?

mikachu93
11-23-2010, 10:08 PM
No achievements or goals that require Live (as far as I've seen), so I've avoided online like the plague. I always hated playing with strangers because of cocky metalheads and arrogant Expert players.

Echilion
11-23-2010, 10:10 PM
I really don't like playing with randoms.

In my experience they always spam the setlist with a ton of songs, Freebird always one of them. And yea, if someone doesn't play on expert/aren't skilled enough they just leave. I have encountered people who don't fit this, but most of time they fall into the category I mentioned above

Who knows, maybe I have had bad luck

friedmad
11-23-2010, 10:11 PM
No achievements or goals that require Live (as far as I've seen), so I've avoided online like the plague. I always hated playing with strangers because of cocky metalheads and arrogant Expert players.

i have too, but arent there some achievements tied to multiplayer - like having 3 vocalists or having a full 7-player band?

friedmad
11-23-2010, 10:11 PM
also, isnt it the only way to get the 'score 500,000' and 'score 1,000,000' on a song thru multiplayer?

Echilion
11-23-2010, 10:12 PM
The triples awesomes or Bohemian Rhapsody one have to be local

I don't think there is one for a full seven player band

Yea, and ill help with the million point one if you need it

friedmad
11-23-2010, 10:15 PM
The triples awesomes or Bohemian Rhapsody one have to be local

I don't think there is one for a full seven player band

Yea, and ill help with the million point one if you need it

i'd be honored. please add me (gamertag cribbet)

its really odd that they dont have any XBL cheevos. theyre usually about 40% of the total for instrument games

Didi Mau
11-23-2010, 10:20 PM
In RB2, if you played online you'd be the middle track regardless of instrument, wouldn't you? Or am I just imagining that?

Normally I play drums so it won't bother me much because that's the default middle track, but I'm currently without a kick pedal so I've been put on the far left/right of the screen when I'm playing which irks me a lot. I picked up the 1 million points achievement and the 30 Bass unison bonuses/four-player Bohemian Rhapsody goals and then went straight back to offline play, it's pretty hard to see the notes in the corner of the screen with some of these backgrounds.

I will say though that the sessions I was put in all had three other bandmates, which is better success than I ever had in RB2 :p I'd recommend using the stickied thread at the top of this forum and add people to play with from there instead, you'll have less annoyances that way.

Jester0700
11-23-2010, 10:33 PM
I played online for the first week the game was out, but not so much anymore. Quitters and spammers creating multiple setlists gets really annoying to me after a while. I don`t mind playing with players without much DLC, but those two reasons im annoyed with the most.

Hand of Blood52
11-24-2010, 02:56 AM
I hated the Xbox Live part in this game, especially the ability to spam the setlist and quit all the god-damn-time.

One song per player was fine.

Itsbrown4606
11-24-2010, 07:28 PM
Whenever I get host leader I usually just pick my one song and wait for the setlist to fill 'til it equals the amount of players in the band (3, 3; 4, 4; etc.) regardless of who picked what songs.

Didn't get your pick? Tough luck. Move faster next time.

Lucent Beam
11-24-2010, 09:37 PM
I personally just dislike how people will add so many songs to the setlist.... but in this version, you can easily drop-out without hurting your whole band, so at the same time: who cares. I can just quit when I get bored.