PDA

View Full Version : Official: Donovan leaving Florida to coach Orlando Magic

Cause
05-31-2007, 10:30 PM
Official: Donovan leaving Florida to coach Orlando Magic

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/orl-magic0107june01,0,2210050.story?coll=orl-home-headlines

I'm SO excited. I know there probably ant many Orlando magic fans in here but this gives up hope. Plus we got the second biggest cap space out of all the teams (no first round pick this year though). We can pick between the top free agents or get somebody through a trade.

Shaaady Souljah
06-01-2007, 02:01 AM
that's pretty good news for you guys... he will be a damn good coach in the nba. hopefully your team will spend all of that money and pick up a couple good players.

Wandering Proof
06-01-2007, 04:53 PM
Lets hope that this is a good deal for them as so many coaches just can't make that leap from college to the NBA. I would like to see them do well because I feel like the NBA is the same every year and to mix things up would be a nice change from the expected/boring pace we see every year.

Who knows maybe they can make some deal to get Kobe if he actually wants out... or maybe even make a move for KG since I don't think he will be sticking around the Wolves next year.

Buttcheeks
06-01-2007, 05:19 PM
Waive $6 million a year in a guys face and what is he going to do? He is a great coach and I think he will do well I just hope he doesn't fall into the same category as all of the other college coaches that made the jump. You see where they all are now, back in college.

Either way I would be excited as well if I were Magic fan so congrats to all of you out there.

Wandering Proof
06-04-2007, 05:30 PM
Big bummer to Magic fans now that he has said that he wants to back out of the deal. Real sucky. It will be interesting to see if the Magic allow it since he already has signed a contract...

Krazie
06-04-2007, 05:59 PM
Yea, what a douche bag.. Kinda sheisty to try and back out of a deal a couple days after signing a contract.

Great coach, dumb ass person..

Defcizion
06-14-2007, 11:40 AM
He shouldn't have went to Orlando. He should've been like Coach K and stayed in College. He was building a legacy in Florida.

xFATALxSNIPERx
06-22-2007, 02:40 PM
Well what do you know, he takes the deal, and then like two days later he wants out....what kind of crap is that? Didn't another college BB coach do that a couple of years ago?