PDA

View Full Version : Calibration problems

Lucent Beam
11-24-2010, 09:41 PM
When I first got Rock Band 3, I calibrated it and it was fine.
I played tons of it, and then a couple days ago, signed onto to play a road challenge. Both me and my friend were missing constantly. We exited out and tried other songs and other instruments and the timing was just way way off.
I recalibrated it, got completely different numbers, and now it works fine.

What could have happened? Somehow, the same calibration just randomly did not work anymore and the timing was off. We had changed nothing with the set-up. I've never had this happen to me before, so I thought it was very bizarre.

Has this happened to anyone else where your RB3 calibration just suddenly is wrong (despite it being the same number it had been in the past)?

Didi Mau
11-24-2010, 09:56 PM
I can't say that's ever happened to me on any of the games in the series, I've only had to recalibrate when changing what television I use.

The only thing I could think of is if you were originally playing strictly solo and with slightly, practically negligible lag, and the change into playing multiplayer (which compresses or moves the chart highways to a different section of the screen) made that previously slight lag more obvious. However, if you were a two-person band only and one of you was on vocals, that shouldn't shrink or move the instrument track which would completely debunk that theory.

It would however explain why it's still calibrated fine now you're back on solo play, and the new calibration numbers being drastically different is something that happened every time I tried calibrating RB3. A common quick and easy fix is to just take your RB2 calibration and add +20 to both the audio and visual figures, I ended up doing that and it's been fine ever since.

ponypo2001
11-24-2010, 11:07 PM
I had this happen to me with RB2 fairly recenetly. I could not get a calibration to stick whatsoever. I booted up a Guitar Hero game, same deal, calibration just wasn't right and no matter what I set it to, different numbers every time. Basically, I couldn't calibrate any ryhthm game on my HDTV. The only thing I could do was play through my PC monitor. This means there is 0% lag as it's not doing anything fancy and voila, problem fixed. I can only assume my TV developed a fault and became unable to hold calibration. Never heard of such a fault before but it's all I could come up with.

My advice, try a guitar hero game and Rock Band 2 and see how they work. If you have trouble with those, it may be your TV. Hope you can sort it. I was a very sad panda when I had to try and play uncalibrated. It sucks all the fun away :(