PDA

View Full Version : Are any of the workout games actually good?

steveovig
11-24-2010, 11:34 PM
I've been wanting to start working out again after an almost 2 month break from the gym but their prices are really expensive for my gym. I was just wondering if anyone has tried any of the workout games for Kinect and if they actually can give you a good workout? I've tried EA Sports Active 1.0 for the Wii and I liked it but version 2.0 is $99 for some reason and I read some bad reviews on Gamestop for it. Does anyone here actually own any of these who can also give your impressions?

dmotrance
11-24-2010, 11:43 PM
dance dance revolution 3

Capn Doug
11-25-2010, 12:50 AM
I've been playing Your Shape lately, and it is definitely a work out. Plus the fact that it will take several months to get the full 1000 without really hunting for it (setting your weight to max, etc). Though DDR is a work out, too, as is almost every Kinect game on some level.

litepink
11-25-2010, 05:28 AM
Biggest Loser is getting good reviews too. I heard this and Your Shape really work you though!!

KRIS DETH
11-25-2010, 06:14 AM
I've just got EA Sports Active 2.0 ands it's so good and definetly lives up too the 65 price tag :) I believe it's this much because of the heart rate monitor & resistance bands you get with it standard, I also got some weights ;D

mptuk
11-25-2010, 07:14 AM
i finally get my kinect today after a long wait, so looking forward to playing shape your fitness and also ordered myself that zumba aswell missus got afew of these on dvd think we like it so much just because of the different musical styles its just interesting.

Kaktus Fuz
11-25-2010, 05:29 PM
I've been playing Your Shape: FE for a couple of days now. And I'm really impressed so far. It really is a good workout without going to the gym, which is exactly what I was looking for :)

HatTrick190
11-25-2010, 08:30 PM
I think its safe to say all the fitness games that came out at release are great :D

rvlution
11-26-2010, 07:46 PM
Man, I get a workout just from Kinect Adventures! I'm sure the workout games are great.

King Agam
11-27-2010, 07:30 AM
I've heard several of them are good but has anybody played more than one and can say one is better than the other?

RichXbox360
11-28-2010, 08:55 PM
Your Shape Fitness Evolved is excellent, but as someone else said ALL the Kinect games are good for getting you active, only thing is that because of the way I bowl, Kinect Sports hurts my right shoulder after playing for any length of time.

ril14ey
12-01-2010, 01:26 AM
Your shape is fun, and a good workout, they seem to have quite a number of activities to keep it interesting
Havent played the other but have seen its quite intense with different workouts, ill be getting it when ive finished Your Shape

Joe x360a
12-01-2010, 02:37 PM
I'm not interested in losing weight at all, I want the opposite; fitness or weight gain/muscle bulk, am I looking in the wrong places?

jules the great
12-02-2010, 06:14 PM
I rented Biggest Loser from GAmefly, however i havent even popped it in yet. But damn, Kinect Adventures is a workout in itself! Reflex Ridge anyone?

Gemini_Blood
12-02-2010, 10:05 PM
Are these generally better than the Wii Fit stuff? I thought that was kind of weak.

Capn Doug
12-02-2010, 10:53 PM
Are these generally better than the Wii Fit stuff? I thought that was kind of weak.

I haven't played Wii Fit, but as I understand it, that was more yoga type things. Your Shape does incorporate many things like that, but also adds cardio workouts that track the whole body and workouts designed to tone specific areas of the body.

falconkeeper99
12-05-2010, 03:38 AM
I'm not interested in losing weight at all, I want the opposite; fitness or weight gain/muscle bulk, am I looking in the wrong places?

I believe you would be looking in the wrong place for this... For muscle bulk/weight gain, you are going to need weights and such, the home games are more for cardio and healthy living.

RichXbox360
12-06-2010, 01:05 PM
I've played Wii Fit, it was most of the reason I bought a Wii in the first place, and although it was decent, Your Shape FE craps on it from a great height IMO, and the new Mel B fitness game is even better! Bought that last week, played it, burned nearly 100 calories, was pretty pleased with that, then like a numpty I ordered Pizza in cos I couldn't be arsed to cook tea, and probably ended up putting that 100 calories of weight right back on!

DarkPGR
12-06-2010, 04:24 PM
I would say Your Shape and Dance Central are must-buys if you're looking to "work out" with Kinect.