PDA

View Full Version : bomb under the seat mission. impossible?

waxc3
11-25-2010, 07:48 AM
i can not beat this mission.
where you drive the car with a bomb under the seat, if the car goes under 30 mph for 3 seconds the bomb goes off...
how do you finish this!?
i get to the red dot to end the quest but what do you there? i get to the garage ( i guess thats the goal) and honk the horn, as the garage is opening the car explodes anyway.
im fed up with not knowing what is expected...

any help? :(

Wraithdagger
11-25-2010, 07:56 AM
Start turning as early as possible and make no sharp turns. The first several turns are the hardest, the route it gives you. Liberal use of the throttle is recommended, but don't floor it. As you come to the garage, you wanna be going just over 35 and brake really hard into the marker whilst spamming X.

Best of luck to ye.

waxc3
11-25-2010, 08:05 AM
thanks but thats pretty much what i did. i have tried approaching from both sides as well. :(
i can get to the garage easily as that car handles great, but even when i got to the garage and HONNNNK, the garage door starts opening, the camera changes to the view for it to automatically drive into the garage, and i still blow up!
perhaps im glitched?

what a terrible way to end the mission anyway! having to stop a car on a turn THAT insanely tight and youre not allowed to stop anyway... BAaaadddddddd way to end a mission.
another developed decision that warrants a major smack in the face...

thanks though

waxc3
11-25-2010, 08:18 AM
uhhh i need to see a video of someone beating this shit mission.
i have made it to the garage, honkkkkk, and had the door open, car goes to auto pull in, and the car explodes.

im shutting it off.

i will try one more time after a restart (in case im glitched). if i blow up as the car drives into the garage again, i quit.

RadiantViper
11-25-2010, 08:30 AM
I can tell you that when I played the mission, it ended almost immediately after I pulled into the garage area. I don't even think I had to press X. So you might have run into a bug, I would try restarting your 360, maybe clearing the cache. Sorry I can't be of much help.

waxc3
11-25-2010, 08:37 AM
I can tell you that when I played the mission, it ended almost immediately after I pulled into the garage area. I don't even think I had to press X. So you might have run into a bug, I would try restarting your 360, maybe clearing the cache. Sorry I can't be of much help.

im thinking it must be a glitchy bug too. i mean the car was going into the garage on its own and it blows up everytime.
very frustrating. i will try again tomorrow.

waxc3
11-25-2010, 08:39 AM
oh and from what you are saying, you didnt even have to go to the garage. sounds like you approached the red circle and the game took over...
hmmm.
that makes WAY more sense. mine just doesnt do anything when im near the red circle so i assumed i had to enter the garage, which is actually impossible.

that gives me hope!
yay! thank youuuuuuuuuuuu

RCW
11-25-2010, 09:03 AM
make sure you have driving mode set to normal, cuts out the fish tailing and makes keeping your speed up easier.

route I took was to head along the long straight that runs past the docks, you do have a few tight turns to make (3 iirc) to get there but once you're at the big bridge junction the corners are wide and easy, this route makes getting to the garage much easier at the other end.

i mean the car was going into the garage on its own and it blows up everytime.

sounds to me like you're going to the repair shop? which is wrong, I did that :D the correct location is just next door, at the spinning marker, all you have to do hit X when you reach the marker...

RadiantViper
11-25-2010, 09:06 AM
Yeah, it happened automatically. Are you sure you're in the right spot? It's a little square parking area with some fences, and the spinning 'safe zone' icon above the entrance.

waxc3
11-25-2010, 09:11 AM
i dont need a route advice. i need to know where or how to end the mission.
yes i was driving to the repair shop as that looked like where the red circle was. one can not slow down to even investigate where to go and its right there in clusterfkuc 180 turn area that always seems to have 4 cars driving in...

on the actual road or screen or whatever i dont actually see any spinning marker so i thought it had to be the garage.
i NEEEeeed a vid of this mission :(
okay you say the marker is next to door? the garage door or a human size door? is it the repair garage door? in front of the place? i just have no way to actually look at what is there when i round that corner... slow down and blow up!
sigh...
thanks rcw

waxc3
11-25-2010, 09:13 AM
Yeah, it happened automatically. Are you sure you're in the right spot? It's a little square parking area with some fences, and the spinning 'safe zone' icon above the entrance.

i must not be! the red circle for me appears to be right in front the repair garage so thats where i go but of course if thats not the goal nothing would have been happening!
:p
i need to look around more cautiously (without blowing up) as i near the red circle

RCW
11-25-2010, 09:15 AM
if you're approaching from the south the marker is in a yard, on the left just before you get to the repair shop,.

waxc3
11-25-2010, 09:19 AM
if you're approaching from the south the marker is in a yard, on the left just before you get to the repair shop,.

lol. no shit!? i should have taken a screen shot because 100% the red circle marker was IN the repair garage on my map. granted i didnt zoom in all the way but enough.

okay thank you! i shall venture one more try tomorrow before giving up hope. +10 respects for you both!

RCW
11-25-2010, 09:27 AM
it really does look like it's the repair garage, it took me ages to get there and nearly cried when the car blew up as the door opened :rant:

I saw the marker just before it went boom, good luck.

waxc3
11-25-2010, 09:31 AM
it really does look like it's the repair garage, it took me ages to get there and nearly cried when the car blew up as the door opened :rant:

I saw the marker just before it went boom, good luck.

ikr totally! :wtf
i have blown up so many times that i can drive there flawlessly at 60 mph without glancing at the minimap, and then got near the red circle with no clue what to do. beep beep beeep BOOM. fkcu!!

RadiantViper
11-25-2010, 09:42 AM
I'm not sure if you still need this, but I thought I'd post it anyways.

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/6197/11252010009.jpg

The door on the right is the repair shop you've been going to - the opening on the left is where you're supposed to go. So when you swing around the corner just pull a wide 180 into the lot. Hope this helps :)

waxc3
11-25-2010, 09:45 AM
I'm not sure if you still need this, but I thought I'd post it anyways.

The door on the right is the repair shop you've been going to - the opening on the left is where you're supposed to go. So when you swing around the corner just pull a wide 180 into the lot. Hope this helps :)

LOVVVE you! okay, the open gate is my goal, not the garage door! yay!
thank you thank you thank you!!!!

edit: oh and radiant, you are running out of fuel. hit that gas station!

Cobalt Blue
11-25-2010, 10:17 PM
I had the same problem LOL. I thought I had to drive the car into the garage and tried this several times but no matter how well I did the car always exploded in the garage. I thought they screwed up on this mission but when I tried to get even faster into the garage and approached it from the right side I saw the marker in the parking lot.

I have to say they made this target a bit confusing. But the mission was fun! It instantaniously reminded me of the Free Ride Extreme Mission with the truck from the first Mafia. God I love that game...

JaredL
11-26-2010, 12:23 AM
I read about this mission before completing it, and to say the least, I was worried. Surprisingly enough though, I completed it first attempt. I think the secret is really choosing the right route, make it as straight as possible and at the final turn just make it a long turn and you'll be fine.

waxc3
11-27-2010, 03:32 AM
by the way radiant i beat that mission on the first try after seeing your photo! thank you again and some more!

RadiantViper
11-27-2010, 09:40 AM
by the way radiant i beat that mission on the first try after seeing your photo! thank you again and some more!

No problem, I'm glad I could help :)

waxc3
11-27-2010, 08:12 PM
now if you wanna push the witness into the ice for me and do a 200 point jump for me id be all done! ;)

Trikke
01-06-2011, 10:21 PM
I hope these help

YouTube - Mafia 2-Joes Adventure-Bomb under the seat

YouTube - Mafia II - Joe's Adventures - "Bomb Under The Seat" / "Бомба под сиденьем"

TizZle xR
03-12-2011, 06:30 AM
Start turning as early as possible and make no sharp turns. The first several turns are the hardest, the route it gives you. Liberal use of the throttle is recommended, but don't floor it. As you come to the garage, you wanna be going just over 35 and brake really hard into the marker whilst spamming X.

Best of luck to ye.

This is what I did. Fairly easy as long as you keep tapping X while nearing the marker.

AtTheHeightOfitAll
03-13-2011, 07:01 AM
This is what I did. Fairly easy as long as you keep tapping X while nearing the marker.

i didnt even hit x

when i got there it just gave me a cut scene.
did it on the first try.

SabadoGigante
05-03-2011, 04:54 PM
That mission gave me fits as well. Always run into horrible traffic where other drivers would turn in front of you and knock you into something. Took me probably 25 tries. Ugg.

Thicketford
07-25-2011, 10:28 AM
I tried going into the garage as well. You approach from the north, so you can't see the marker.

Why couldn't they have you drive down to the docks and jump out at the last second? That would have made more sense.

mesoungodlyfast
07-25-2011, 06:11 PM
I had issues with this mission at first, but it was because I followed the stupid route the game gave me. They want you to make a left to get onto the shop's street, then go to the end and whip a quick u-turn to the right basically, which slows you down. If you just went a block up, then took the left, you just have to take a left and another simple left to the garage.

Once at the garage, I just slammed on the brakes as hard as it would go, then hit x. Worked first try.

DaCameraMan
08-31-2011, 10:30 AM
I can't believe this damn game. I tried for over 30 minutes trying to park in that stupid garage and all I had to do was pull into the left of it and touch the parking icon. Of course it was after I read further into this forum. Thanks guys. It saved from getting a headache.