PDA

View Full Version : S Rank Stategies?

ApochWeiss
11-25-2010, 11:56 AM
Ok, so, I haven't got S rank yet, but, did anyone else? If so, share your strategies, please. These survival modes are insane and the closest I got was B and that was at 15:03 at West Manor.

Genetic Carnage
11-25-2010, 05:40 PM
One thing I can recommend, is when you're fighting the Aegis (the squid) use the ram move (:rtbut:+ :ybut:) to stun them, then use the Splatter Slash (:ltbut: +:xbut:) to cut them in half. This is so much better than trying to ram them over and over, wasting a lot of time.

Rick360
11-25-2010, 08:03 PM
Just got my first S ranking, in the first arena.
Finished it in 10:12 and almost none secret missions.
So, I assume the ranking thing is based entirely on time.
Hope it helps.

Seven ICARUS
11-25-2010, 09:50 PM
Good to know that S-rank is time dependent. Thanks a bunch!

Ray5555
11-25-2010, 10:49 PM
Just beat a arena in under 25 minutes. stage one i beat in 11 minutes, Stage two was 14:28 seconds, and Stage 3 was 22:34 minutes I got all S ranks on them.

PK!
11-25-2010, 11:22 PM
Just beat a arena in under 25 minutes. stage one i beat in 11 minutes, Stage two was 14:28 seconds, and Stage 3 was 22:34 minutes I got all S ranks on them.
Sorry, but you are wrong...

I have 00:12:48 on first arena at this moment and not have S Ranking...
Each arena have your own time to reach S ranking.

Seven ICARUS
11-26-2010, 08:23 AM
Yes, arena 1 seems to give you S-rank for clearing it in 12 minutes or less.

Does anyone know if the Jason Schmason cheevo requires you to beat all six arenas with S-ranks or just get six S-ranks in total? As in, can I beat arena 1 six times to get the achievement?

PK!
11-26-2010, 09:11 AM
Yes, arena 1 seems to give you S-rank for clearing it in 12 minutes or less.

Does anyone know if the Jason Schmason cheevo requires you to beat all six arenas with S-ranks or just get six S-ranks in total? As in, can I beat arena 1 six times to get the achievement?
You need to get S Ranking on all arenas.
Each arena just count as one...

Ray5555
11-26-2010, 09:44 AM
Sorry, but you are wrong...

I have 00:12:48 on first arena at this moment and not have S Ranking...
Each arena have your own time to reach S ranking.

Odd cause a friend of mine beat the arena in 12:25 and got a S ranking.

The hardest Arena to complete is the wickerman I completed that in 25:12 to S rank it. That stage is so random with weapon distribution. I got llucky cause on my 7th time playing it for the S rank it gave me 4 chainsaws, and 10 meat cleavers which made the arena easy. But still i pushed it to the limit thanks to those Aegis monsters. the final wave is such a pain cause it throughs out 5-6 of the frog enemies, 4-8 of the tentacle enemies 4-6 spades, 4-8 Aegis(the squids that out up a shield on all enemies) and a crap load of normal enemies. That fight right there is very hard to clear in less than 5 mins. It is the hardest arena fight in the game.

Here is the S rank times:

Stage 1: 12 mins or less
Stage 2: 25 mins or less
Stage 3: 25 mins or less
Stage 4: 25 mins or less
Stage 5: 25:30 or less
Stage 6: 20 mins or less

Here were my times:

Stage 1: 11:05
Stage 2: 18:40
Stage 3: 22:45
Stage 4: 23:00
Stage 5: 25:12
Stage 6: 18:39

Seven ICARUS
11-26-2010, 01:33 PM
You need to get S Ranking on all arenas.
Each arena just count as one...

Ok, thanks for the info.

Mancerelectro
11-26-2010, 09:48 PM
If we could get official times on each of the arenas, or verify the ones Ray posted, along with actual strategies for each I could link to the Survival Guide in my own guide.

ApocalypticJoker
11-27-2010, 02:26 AM
I did West Manor in 12:12 and only got an A rank...

Ray5555
11-27-2010, 03:04 AM
I did West Manor in 12:12 and only got an A rank...

I edited the times I guess the game glitched for my friend.

Genetic Carnage
11-27-2010, 07:05 AM
I've gotten these S ranks times:

Stage 1 - 10:13
Stage 2 - 17:47
Stage 3 - 19:01
Stage 4 - 20:21
Stage 5 - 24:10
Stage 6 - 16:59

Read my above post on the Aegis. As for the blue ghouls (and fake jens) either use Splatter Slash, Splatter Smash, or if you don't have any Necro meter, use the Ram to knock them down, them Pimp Hand Strong them to death, or grab and slam them.

For the tentacle armed monsters, the sore-asses, and club arms, jump and use :abut:, :ltbut: + :ybut: (Splatter Jump Slam, second skull on the Smash upgrade row) between them. Hold the :ybut: for longer, and when it hits, it will juggle them, most times killing tentacle and club arms in one hit. Try to get them to bunch up first to get the most bang for your buck. This also works beautifully for large groups of the little guys that like to crowd you.

Lastly, do your best to get the brown chests. These contain boreworms, and stomping/killing them all will give you a huge boost to your Necro bar.

Chests - Red=weapons, brown=boreworms, green=photo pieces.

Borgh
11-27-2010, 11:33 PM
OMG! Thanks for posting about :abut:, :ltbut: + :ybut:

What's great about it, is it only takes one bar of Necro meter to use... and if it doesn't finish them off right off the bat, it will leave them glowing red, and you can perform a Splatterkill which will give you a bar back, essentially giving you the move for FREE!

Previously I needed a full Necro bar to clear a room full of mid bosses (leaving me vulnerable to be killed by the next wave :( ). Now I can clear it with half a bar, and because of the blood gained from Splatterkills, I've actually gone into a round with 3 Necro bar sections and came out of it with 2 left over for the next wave.

Anyway, it was game changer for me... I've been a minute late and dollar short a dozen times, but using that move I just bagged myself my first S rank!

45/50 achievements, 5 more to go!

Genetic Carnage
11-27-2010, 11:57 PM
I'm glad i could help you out. That's the point! I'm working on Wickerman now, it's the only thing holding me back from 150gs and 1k'ing the game.

Edit: Nevermind. 1'ked it.

Borgh
11-28-2010, 06:11 PM
Wickerman can bite me.... I've tried about 5 or 6 times so far, and get no weapons except arms... I can get arms for free... (thanks for nothing jerks) :P

I have Stages 2 and 3 cleared with S-rank right now (intentionally saving Stage 1 for last), and I'm trying to clear The Killing Floor (DLC) with an S to see if it counts towards the arena achievements (Anvil Horror should pop up when I clear it because that would be 3/6)... I cleared it in 15:02 and got an A... I'll keep trying.

DeltaKappaEcho
11-28-2010, 07:47 PM
Wickerman can bite me.... I've tried about 5 or 6 times so far, and get no weapons except arms... I can get arms for free... (thanks for nothing jerks) :P

I have Stages 2 and 3 cleared with S-rank right now (intentionally saving Stage 1 for last), and I'm trying to clear The Killing Floor (DLC) with an S to see if it counts towards the arena achievements (Anvil Horror should pop up when I clear it because that would be 3/6)... I cleared it in 15:02 and got an A... I'll keep trying.
If you haven't done it yet, I wouldn't waste your time - that stage isn't counted in the Stats section. So even if you got the 3 and 6 S rank achievements, it wouldn't count toward 100% so you'd still need to S rank Wickerman to unlock "The House that West Built".

Borgh
11-28-2010, 08:10 PM
well, it did count, I got Anvil Horror from clearing an S-rank on it... and by that rationale, you can get Jason Schmason without clearing Wickerman.. but I'm sure you're correct that it won't count towards West Journal entries.

FYI the time to clear The Killing Floor must be under 15:00.

I cleared it at 15:02 (actually earlier but they let the effing clock run for a good 10 seconds while the pools of blood despawn, then they say congratulations, then they say Final Wave complete, THEN they stop the clock...) and got an A.

Cleared it at 14:22 and got an S.

DragonessAthena
11-29-2010, 02:53 AM
I had no problems getting S-Ranks once I stopped using Splatterkills. The clock still ticks away while you do them, and some of them take way too long to do (the devil looking guys for example eat up a ton of time). Just flat out beat them to death once they hit red. The only ones I suggest using Splatterkills on are the big slobbering baboon monsters, as they can recover pretty fast from the death daze and the SK is rather quick. They also give a lot more blood than the others (2 bars or 3 I think).

Ooyah
11-29-2010, 08:39 AM
I could be wrong, but from reading through this, it sounds to me that there might be more than just time involved. Maybe it also takes into account how many times you get hit? How many times you heal? Combo chains? I guess that it is going to be really hard to say, but we probably need to stay open minded at the moment. I would actually be a bit surprised if it was just to do with the time.

Highest I have got so far is a D! :( I will probably try some more tonight, or maybe these aren't really worth trying until all of the skills are unlocked.

sepulturas666
11-29-2010, 06:54 PM
Weapons drops in stage 5 are horrible. Last two times 90% of them were arms for me -_- Still managed to get two A ranks.
Is there sometimes shotgun drops on that stage?

FarmerJay
11-29-2010, 07:02 PM
Weapons drops in stage 5 are horrible. Last two times 90% of them were arms for me -_- Still managed to get two A ranks.
Is there sometimes shotgun drops on that stage?

I got a shotgun once. It's mostly just arms for me too.

sepulturas666
11-29-2010, 07:32 PM
I got a shotgun once. It's mostly just arms for me too.

Just beat it after the 6th restart. :drunk
Never got the shotgun. :/

Dead Herb
11-29-2010, 09:06 PM
Thanks to KILLINGJOKE for posting about the :abut:+:ltbut::ybut: that move pretty much decimated all large foes, I found just :ltbut::ybut: good for just clearing out standard enemies when they're clumped together and when I realised that :ltbut::bbut:or:ltbut::ybut: instantly heals my arm when the little blue fuckers hack it off S-ranking the levels wasn't to bad.

The Filthy Goat
11-29-2010, 11:06 PM
I need a bit of advice on killing those dreadlock looking guys (the ones who climb the walls to jump on you). It takes me forever to catch them because they're constantly backing away and dodging my rams. So I'm loosing a ton of time on Shadow of the Wickerman because of them. I usually try to grab one and throw him and another one, but it typically wont kill both of them, just stun the other one long enough for me to grab him... sometimes.

At least everyone else has the decency to crowd me so I can just blow them all away at once with a mask attack.

EDIT: Found the best way was to hit them with a RT + Y non charged with a weapon. Preferably the cleaver to end them in one hit. Beat Wickerman with 4 seconds to spare on the S rank.

Also, I've heard that completing the secret missions improves your weapon drops, although I can't back that up and somewhat doubt it's validity.

Genetic Carnage
11-30-2010, 01:41 AM
EDIT: Found the best way was to hit them with a RT + Y non charged with a weapon. Preferably the cleaver to end them in one hit. Beat Wickerman with 4 seconds to spare on the S rank.

That is completely correct. That's the best way to kill them. If you've ever boxed, or even played a boxing game, you know it's about cornering your opponent and cutting off the ring. When they juke backwards, keep pushing, but step in the same direction if they try to strafe sideways. Then use the ram move to pop 'em. I do the ram with a weapon, the grab and dismember, or Splatter Slash.

Another thing you can do if you're any good at multi-tasking, worry about the other enemies, and the rasta-monsta will do his stupid screaming frog splash (look for the target on the ground, and the scream) and you can dodge this and punish him. If he splats next to a big guy, bust out that :abut:, :ltbut: + :ybut: for maximum fun!

The Clutch Hand
11-30-2010, 04:23 AM
Does anyone have an accurate list of times cause I read somewhere for stage 2 the S time was 25:00 thats incorrect, because I got 19:38. So an accurate list would be greatly appericated!

The Clutch Hand
11-30-2010, 05:24 AM
Never mind I got it just to confirm you do earn blood points from survival which you could use on your skills. I love how people assume you can't lol when you complete a mission just hit the back button and you could increase your skills.

Ooyah
11-30-2010, 09:04 AM
I did the fifth one last night. I think that I am boned on these challenges, because it took me 50 minutes!!! I guess that I am missing something.

I agree with other people... :rtbut:+:ybut: when wielding a weapon takes care of smaller enemies easily. For some reason, I am not finding :abut:+:ltbut:+:ybut: to be so effective, and I have upgraded it. I use Ram a lot (:rtbut:+:ybut:), which is very time consuming.

Challenge 4 I cannot do at all. Even with rolling around all of the time, I am still getting an arm chopped off, or I quite often get trapped in a barrage of hits. I haven't dared try 6 yet.

They sure are tough.

The Filthy Goat
11-30-2010, 01:52 PM
I did the fifth one last night. I think that I am boned on these challenges, because it took me 50 minutes!!! I guess that I am missing something.

I agree with other people... :rtbut:+:ybut: when wielding a weapon takes care of smaller enemies easily. For some reason, I am not finding :abut:+:ltbut:+:ybut: to be so effective, and I have upgraded it. I use Ram a lot (:rtbut:+:ybut:), which is very time consuming.

Challenge 4 I cannot do at all. Even with rolling around all of the time, I am still getting an arm chopped off, or I quite often get trapped in a barrage of hits. I haven't dared try 6 yet.

They sure are tough.

:abut:+:ltbut:+:ybut: is most effective right up close. If you're doing it right, like against the tentacle arms and club arms, you'll see them stagger from it twice, signifying that they were hit twice by it. That usually kills them. Ram, in most instances should only be used to stun the Aegis. It's not strong enough to kill anything but the weakest guys and knocks everyone around.

6 is far easier than five, in both enemies and time. For 5, if your minute in time is around the same wave you're on, then you're doing pretty well coming up on those last 3-4 waves, which take much longer. In other words, if you're on wave 10 and you just hit 10 minutes, you're doing okay so far.

Devil Maw Cry
11-30-2010, 02:07 PM
i had think that the game playthrough on brutal is hard but it's quite easy but these fucking arenas are so hard to get S rank i beat only the second on S rank but the others are impossible for me i think i tried after my brutal walkthrough an when i have all skills

Sn1gaaaZ
11-30-2010, 06:59 PM
Got my last S rank on the Shadow of the Wickerman:
http://s7.directupload.net/images/101130/temp/pycyq2xq.jpg (http://s7.directupload.net/images/101130/pycyq2xq.jpg)
Oh my god that was short :D

I think most important is that you kill the tentacle creatures instantly when they spawn with LT+Y and also you need luck that the chainsaw is spawning in my attempts before it just spawns in every second/third try.

Gorekill
12-01-2010, 12:01 AM
For me, as most people have said :ltbut:+:ybut: is a godsend. I S ranked everything after my first playthgough.

Basically you gotta splatter kill all the big baddies to keep your necrobar high. Usually two splattersmashs take down the big guys, with one type of enemy taking three. Bring em close to red, do the :xbut:, charge:ybut:, charge:ybut:, charge:ybut: combo to bring em within range of a splatterkill and you're golden.

As for the fodder, use the weapons with charge:ybut: attacks to take out the groups. If you find yourself low on necro though, an occasional ram does wonders.

Anyone need more clarification, if so just ask away.

Borgh
12-01-2010, 04:27 AM

I haven't gotten S on 4 yet, but I've gotten A.... I'm close. The part I'm stuck on is at the very last 2 waves, they give you a ton of those giant "sore-asses" and other mid-bosses. I use a few Mask moves and I'm out of Necro meter, then the pain begins. It usually takes a few mins to get rid of them and build up a bar or two for the final wave...

I've also got an A on Stage 6... I wasn't trying for S though, I was trying for 10 secret missions and I still got A.

Anyway... a great tip that no one has really emphasized is that ripping off arms :bbut:, :bbut: is an instant kill AND you get a weapon... yeah it takes a few seconds, but then they're dead... when dealing with those dredlok jumping monkeys, or the frogmen that morph through the ground, it kills them on first contact. The best way I've found to get rid of Blue Guys and Fake Jens, without using Necro meter, is the Pimp Slap, RT + :xbut:

Ooyah
12-01-2010, 08:52 AM
I haven't gotten S on 4 yet, but I've gotten A.... I'm close. The part I'm stuck on is at the very last 2 waves, they give you a ton of those giant "sore-asses" and other mid-bosses. I use a few Mask moves and I'm out of Necro meter, then the pain begins. It usually takes a few mins to get rid of them and build up a bar or two for the final wave...

I've also got an A on Stage 6... I wasn't trying for S though, I was trying for 10 secret missions and I still got A.

Anyway... a great tip that no one has really emphasized is that ripping off arms :bbut:, :bbut: is an instant kill AND you get a weapon... yeah it takes a few seconds, but then they're dead... when dealing with those dredlok jumping monkeys, or the frogmen that morph through the ground, it kills them on first contact. The best way I've found to get rid of Blue Guys and Fake Jens, without using Necro meter, is the Pimp Slap, RT + :xbut:

Hey, thanks for the tips!

I did stage 6 last night and got a B... that one doesn't seem *as* bad as 4 and 5, although I thought that it would be a nightmare being in such a small space. The final wave is ridiculous though!

Blue guys and Fake Jens seem to be the hardest enemies to deal with in the arenas, so I will definitely try that. I just got caught in a constant cycle of having an arm chopped off, healing, arm chopped off, healing... even using the invulnerable roll. There are so many different moves to use, it can be hard to think on the fly of what you should use... especially when you only have one arm! :)

I did challenge 1 (lobby) in 12:11 for an A, so hopefully I am on the right path.

I know it has been said before, but it is worth saying again... :bbut:, and :rtbut:+ :ybut:, when wielding a weapon, takes care of smaller enemies in one go.

Another thing I noticed... don't waste weapons on bigger enemies!!! They seem to break ultra fast against the demons, anus-monsters, and... the other big thing. :) Seems to be better to save weapons for smaller enemies.

sepulturas666
12-01-2010, 11:13 AM
Is just me or indeed the survival arena's feels easy when your save on story mode is set to Coward difficulty?

DwayneDays
12-01-2010, 02:42 PM
man wickerman is the worst beat everything else in way under par time but my best so far on wicker is 26

DwayneDays
12-01-2010, 03:15 PM
lol ended up getting it with 22:03

Xashern
12-02-2010, 08:32 AM
Well I just S ranked Wickerman with a time of 25:31 so I'm assuming the the limit is 26 as one of my previous attempts was 26 something and it was got an A.

I managed to complete without a shotgun or chainsaw by using the following strategies.

all minor creatures i used the grab and swing ( B and A )

aegis/squid shield i used the ram and splatter slash which kills them

for everything else was the splatter smash or jump splatter smash.

the last wound really comes down to taking out the aegis even though you'll problably get ping pong'd by the anus monsters. once the aegis are done splatter smash like hell and only splatter kill is you absolutely need the blood to keep going.

Good Luck as it was a bitch and took me a nearly 10 tries and I suck at games

True Marvellous
12-02-2010, 12:10 PM
4 5 & 6 take the piss cant get below 30 minutes.

Cant get the air smash double hit thing to work either.

Ooyah
12-02-2010, 01:08 PM
4 5 & 6 take the piss cant get below 30 minutes.

Cant get the air smash double hit thing to work either.

For the jumping Splatter Smash, you need to be *really* close to get the full effect. The way I do it is that I jump as if I was trying to jump into them. The range of the smash is a bit limited, so go for the jugular! :)

Hope that helps.

True Marvellous
12-02-2010, 03:19 PM
Just need Wicker one now, the arm pull move buys a lot of time, still cant get the jump smash working despite above advice but hopfully wont need to.

Ooyah
12-02-2010, 03:58 PM
Just need Wicker one now, the arm pull move buys a lot of time, still cant get the jump smash working despite above advice but hopfully wont need to.

Odd, wonder if there is something else that I am doing. With those demon goat head looking guys (with the whip things) in particular, you can clearly see them jerk back twice. Almost always takes them down in just the one attack.

Still, good luck on the wicker challenge. I'm still searching for my first S... but I suck in general... :)

True Marvellous
12-02-2010, 04:24 PM
Woot All done can confirm 25.43 is good for an S rank on wicker

I D3anz I
12-02-2010, 08:51 PM
My Contribution On Survival Area

1) Conserve your weapons for when they are most needed, many enemys you can :bbut: + :xbut: = which grabs them then hold them by leg swinging them around and harming other ememys.

2) Don't waste time by doing 'Finisher Moves' on glowing red ememys, this wastes a load of valuble time and the clock is still counting.

3) Probably one of the best tips suggested and used many time is the: :ltbut: + :abut: + :ybut: <--Holding :ybut: to increase power of move

Darkling26
12-04-2010, 09:36 AM
The times to beat are as follows. This comes straight from the Official Strategy Guide.

West Mansion - 12:00
Slaughter House - 16:00
West Observation - 23:00
Death Coaster - 25:00
Shadow of the Wickerman - 26:00
West Manor - 20:00

I am still working on Shadow of the Wickerman. Last one I need. working on my 15th+ attempt and is driving me mad. I go into the final phase with 18 minutes and still can't beat it. Damn dog things like 7 of em ya gotta kill and they just ping pong me all over.

I D3anz I
12-04-2010, 10:13 AM
I'm not looking forward to Shadow Of The Wickerman either. Just completed Death Coaster last night after a few trys, died on 19th Wave after a really good run which really pissed me off!

F Swan
12-04-2010, 11:38 AM
Ok, after a few attempts trying the Wickerman and going way over the time, mainly because of those damn aegis things, I tried a different tactic on them. Instead of ramming them then splatter slash ... I used charge running splattersmash, most times takes them out in one hit and even if they appear to teleport it kills them.
Did it in my first go trying this move.

Darkling26
12-04-2010, 07:51 PM
Ok, after a few attempts trying the Wickerman and going way over the time, mainly because of those damn aegis things, I tried a different tactic on them. Instead of ramming them then splatter slash ... I used charge running splattersmash, most times takes them out in one hit and even if they appear to teleport it kills them.
Did it in my first go trying this move.

I think I may try that too. Shadow of the Wickerman still giving me some issues lol.

True Marvellous
12-04-2010, 11:05 PM
All you need to beat all the Survival Map are the following 3 Attack moves,

1):bbut:,:bbut: Grab Arm pull move, instant kill on normal enemies and you get a weapon an almost infinite supply of weapons, then swing away.

2) :rtbut:,:ybut: Ram & Shoulder charge is the best way to fill your blood bar up, use it on everything to max your bar out.

3) :ltbut:,:ybut: Splatter Smash, use this when surrounded by minor enemies for quick kills. 2 hits will either kill all the mid bosses or render them in the red. Also forget shoulder charging the annoying Aegis, just line this up and one hit their dead, you don't even have to be that close as the shatter trail extends a good distance.

Ooyah
12-05-2010, 04:12 PM
I have a quick question... probably a dumb one Those red zombie things, that hurt when you touch them... the only way I can find to kill them is with Splatter Slash or Splatter Smash... both of which require blood. Is there another way to take them out, without using blood? Caused me quite a few issues, especially on Challenge 6. I have found that even using weapons against them will cause Rick to stagger back. I am sure that I am missing something pretty obvious.

True Marvellous
12-06-2010, 12:28 AM
I have a quick question... probably a dumb one Those red zombie things, that hurt when you touch them... the only way I can find to kill them is with Splatter Slash or Splatter Smash... both of which require blood. Is there another way to take them out, without using blood? Caused me quite a few issues, especially on Challenge 6. I have found that even using weapons against them will cause Rick to stagger back. I am sure that I am missing something pretty obvious.

Charge up :ybut: , or for when they bunch up jump & charge :ybut:.

Even better if you charge up wth a weapon, also sharp weapons take care of them also.

Ooyah
12-06-2010, 08:34 AM
Charge up :ybut: , or for when they bunch up jump & charge :ybut:.

Even better if you charge up wth a weapon, also sharp weapons take care of them also.

I did try charging up Y when barehanded... I seem to recall still taking from damage from them. Still, I shall try the jumping variant, thanks for that. They do seem to be complete gits if you have no blood left, though. Usually I just waste Splatter Smashes on them.

Orphen24
12-07-2010, 02:18 AM
3) Probably one of the best tips suggested and used many time is the: :ltbut: + :abut: + :ybut: <--Holding :ybut: to increase power of move

i agree i also try to jump at there heads then hold y till terror/rick slams down

i like to splatterslash them but they both do the job

edit#2 ill post my strats when i beat 6 about to the dreaded wickerman also ill post my times so far

1. 11:58 (phew i think i was wating for loads most of the time)
2. 13:05
3. 19:35
4. 23:00

jae200
12-08-2010, 08:10 PM
Any tips on the Death Coaster arena? I haven't tried Wicker Man yet but this is the only arena that I'm having a ton of trouble on. I can't even get 1 piece of Jen's picture! Right at the start I have no necro energy and the monsters that spawn first immediately crowd me and chop off my arms and do massive damage to where I can't recover. I was thinking a strategy might be to use the ram move until I get my necro energy up. Any other suggestions?

F Swan
12-09-2010, 12:22 AM
Yeah, the ram move is the absolute best to get your energy up, and what I always used against those damn blue enemies. Also pulling the arm off move, followed by killing others with it gets it up fast too.

Ooyah
12-09-2010, 08:36 AM
Any tips on the Death Coaster arena? I haven't tried Wicker Man yet but this is the only arena that I'm having a ton of trouble on. I can't even get 1 piece of Jen's picture! Right at the start I have no necro energy and the monsters that spawn first immediately crowd me and chop off my arms and do massive damage to where I can't recover. I was thinking a strategy might be to use the ram move until I get my necro energy up. Any other suggestions?

I finally did this one last night, after countless attempts, in 23:30 or so. A good start is essential. On the first wave, be sure to be close to one of the other enemies, not a fake Jen. Use :bbut:+:bbut: to acquire an arm. Then spam :rtbut:+:ybut: to build necro. Then onto using just :bbut: (with a weapon) for one hit kills. This will get you through round 2 as well. After that, I recommend trying to group the fake Jens together when you encounter them, and use Splatter Smash (:ltbut:+:ybut:) to get rid of them quickly.

This challenge really takes the piss... you need to keep your wits about you, and reserve your necro where you can.

Good luck!

jae200
12-09-2010, 11:10 PM
I was able to finish the game on brutal last night and unlock all of the pictures (in both story and survival). I'm going to make a serious attempt at an S rank tonight.

One thing I've noticed is that its pretty easy to build up necro by using pimp hand strong over and over on the horned demons with tails (you can get in maybe 5 slaps before they send out their shockwave and fight back) then clearing the bigger enemies out quick with splatter smash. When trying Shadow of the Wicker man I got some good weapon drops. At one point I had 2 chainsaws on the field at one time!

DarkSephiroth
12-10-2010, 12:44 AM

I know you already got the achievement but though putting this to others. I personally killed them fastest by weapons. With normal weapon you must be just the right distance away from them to hit them and not get staggered back (you will notice it by testing) but with 'sharp' weapons you just need to slash them before walking into them, so I just saved all 'sharp' weapons for red guys and blue b*stards ;)

nighthawk82
12-10-2010, 05:52 AM
Shadow of the Wickerman
any Tips with final wave.?
huge wave

Ooyah
12-10-2010, 08:55 AM
I know you already got the achievement but though putting this to others. I personally killed them fastest by weapons. With normal weapon you must be just the right distance away from them to hit them and not get staggered back (you will notice it by testing) but with 'sharp' weapons you just need to slash them before walking into them, so I just saved all 'sharp' weapons for red guys and blue b*stards ;)

Yeah, I finally managed it last night. :)

Yes, I did similar in the end, that is very good advice. Conserving weapons is vital, especially as they break in one hit on the bigger enemies. To anyone struggling with these damn challenges... *always* drop your weapon before going after one of the bigger enemies (from the demon whip guys upwards).

As for the red guys... they are a really big problem if you have no weapons and no necro!!! It takes ages to kill them hand to hand. Sharp weapons do them nice... same for the blue guys, and those damn fake Jens... although I usually panic and just Splatter Smash them! They're deadly in a group.

cra
12-12-2010, 12:13 PM
shadow of the wickerman completed with S rank. my time was 25:39 with 5 secret missions completed

Fireshark
12-17-2010, 10:42 AM
Wickerman is impossible! I saved most weapons for last wave but still cannot beat it. For some reason I canīt reach the Aegis in time although I have no problems killing them in the previous waves.

And how do you kill the Anus-mosters? They seem to regain health when I smash or slash them. Splatterkill takes to much time.

Ooyah
12-17-2010, 01:15 PM
Wickerman is impossible! I saved most weapons for last wave but still cannot beat it. For some reason I canīt reach the Aegis in time although I have no problems killing them in the previous waves.

And how do you kill the Anus-mosters? They seem to regain health when I smash or slash them. Splatterkill takes to much time.

Wickerman is for certain the hardest challenge, no doubt. :bbut:+:bbut: is a constant friend, as is :rtbut:+:ybut:. It is important to just keep going, attacking all of the time.

For the Aegis, are you using :ltbut:+:ybut: straight away? Sorry if you already know this, but there is no need to stun them. Just face them and use :ltbut:+:ybut: for a Splatter Smash and a one hit kill.

As for the Anus monsters, they do recover health rather quickly! If you have them in a glowing red state, then hitting them in the behind can finish them quite quickly. Basically, all attacks to the front are wasted.

Sorry if that isn't much use!

Fireshark
12-17-2010, 02:33 PM
Sorry if that isn't much use!
Thank you very much! Both tips for the Aegis and Anus-beasts are helpful. I always stunned Aegis first and did not know that Anus-beasts are vulnerable at their rear-end. Iīll try again!

Fireshark
12-17-2010, 03:35 PM
I splattersmashed my controller against the wall. So Iīll have to take a break now! I hate this game!!!

Fireshark
12-17-2010, 08:22 PM
I am the luckiest man on earth. ;-)
The last survival area should be a piece of cake now. Only one to go for my first 1000/1000!

http://www.phelios.de/wickerman.jpg

kzone1991
12-18-2010, 01:12 PM
Wicker Man done with 25:27, 2nd try, last wave pain in the ass...

xDamn3Dx
12-18-2010, 07:12 PM
The times to beat are as follows. This comes straight from the Official Strategy Guide.

West Mansion - 12:00
Slaughter House - 16:00
West Observation - 23:00
Death Coaster - 25:00
Shadow of the Wickerman - 26:00
West Manor - 20:00

I am still working on Shadow of the Wickerman. Last one I need. working on my 15th+ attempt and is driving me mad. I go into the final phase with 18 minutes and still can't beat it. Damn dog things like 7 of em ya gotta kill and they just ping pong me all over.

If this is true, I HATE this game -->

http://img813.imageshack.us/img813/7231/img9616c.th.jpg (http://img813.imageshack.us/i/img9616c.jpg/)

Fireshark
12-18-2010, 08:58 PM
Wicker Man done with 25:27, 2nd try, last wave pain in the ass...
I saved the chainsaw and shotgun for the last wave. You can refill the bloodmeter with them and kill everything in berserker mode. I made the whole last wave this way. Berserker - refill with shotgun - Berserker - refill with shotgun - Berserker - refill with chainsaw - berseker - kill the rest - 23:01

Ooyahs tips helped me a lot as well. Just kill the Aegis with http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/lt.png+http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/y.png and donīt stun them!

QuasidodoJr
12-23-2010, 01:54 AM
Wickerman is stupid. It depends on the luck of the draw on weapons. If you only get severed arms, you can't do it. I've already wasted about 4 hours on this one survival arena (roughly 25 - 26 minuters per try on 8 attempts) and I may have to file this game under not worth my time for the full 1K.

mattshotcha
12-29-2010, 09:30 PM
yeah wickerman load times can lick my balls too... i keep missing the s rank by a minute or less and it makes me wish i didn't have to wait 15 to 30 seconds for each fuckin wave to load up... and one useful statement real quick:

WHEN ATTEMPTING TO THROW THE BLUE GUYS / FAKE JENS USE RT + B, DON'T JUST TRY AND PRESS B TO GRAB THEM... DO MORE OF A TACKLE AND YOU'LL GET EM BEFORE THEY SLASH AND JUGGLE YOU...

this games achievement list is full on retard too... i got 46 of 50 and only 620 to show for it?!? usually when a game becomes more trouble than its worth i'm at the solid 750 to 800 mark... this game became a frustrating bore at around 500... and today while trying to do s times i burned up my disc drive... thanks splatterhouse!! you just guaranteed that i will promptly sell this disc when i'm done and never speak the games name again... unlike those other titles that i either max out or hit the 75% mark and then pull out and get into again after months off... crap...

editjust got the disc drive running enough to install to hard drive... we'll see if i can cut down those stupid load times and salvage my xbox...

edit 2 fuck this game... just completed the carnival arena with a time of 25:01 according to this thread the s time is 25... really wish i had some of that load time back or at least the 30 second congratulations long pause final wave complete long pause... stupid fucking game that has long lost its appeal...

installing doesn't cut the load time at all...

unless anyone has some other tips i think i give up on arenas all together...

JuSt BLaZe
01-01-2011, 05:44 PM
Well well, just blazed my 1000 :gsicon: after my 7th attempt on Shadow of the Wickerman with a nice [23:15] minutes. So guys, it's possible with having enough time left.

As already some users mentioned above, if you do "some" of the secret missions by the way you will get a way better weapon drop-rate (Shotgun, Chainsaw etc.). Might be helpful.
Regarding the best attack methods I'd say a mix of this:

My Contribution On Survival Area

1) Conserve your weapons for when they are most needed, many enemys you can :bbut: + :xbut: = which grabs them then hold them by leg swinging them around and harming other ememys.

2) Don't waste time by doing 'Finisher Moves' on glowing red ememys, this wastes a load of valuble time and the clock is still counting.

All you need to beat all the Survival Map are the following 3 Attack moves,

1):bbut:,:bbut: Grab Arm pull move, instant kill on normal enemies and you get a weapon an almost infinite supply of weapons, then swing away.

2) :rtbut:,:ybut: Ram & Shoulder charge is the best way to fill your blood bar up, use it on everything to max your bar out.

3) :ltbut:,:ybut: Splatter Smash, use this when surrounded by minor enemies for quick kills. 2 hits will either kill all the mid bosses or render them in the red. Also forget shoulder charging the annoying Aegis, just line this up and one hit their dead, you don't even have to be that close as the shatter trail extends a good distance.

So give it a try, the more you try it the faster & quicker you'll kill those suckers, cause you already used to their attacks and know how to responed. Have fun & don't give up! ;)

BloodGodAlucard
01-02-2011, 07:36 AM
I'm so mad right now. The only 2 that I have left are the Wickerman and the Carnival. I just did the Carnival one in 25:52 and got an A rank. Then I looked on here and saw that the S time is 25 flat. WTF!

I really don't know how I could have possibly gone any faster than I diid. Maybe if I ignored the brown crates. (The ones with the worms) Do they give you any kind of boost? If not, then I'll just forget about them for the time being.

Update: This is just stupid. I tried the Wickerman level and beat it in 26:56 for an A rank. So for each level I was just under a minute over the time requirement. This sucks. I guess I have to keep practicing.

GamingEconomist
01-04-2011, 02:26 AM
Strange Splatterhouse did fry my disc drive also......

Genetic Carnage
01-04-2011, 04:02 AM
I'm so mad right now. The only 2 that I have left are the Wickerman and the Carnival. I just did the Carnival one in 25:52 and got an A rank. Then I looked on here and saw that the S time is 25 flat. WTF!

I really don't know how I could have possibly gone any faster than I diid. Maybe if I ignored the brown crates. (The ones with the worms) Do they give you any kind of boost? If not, then I'll just forget about them for the time being.

The worms, if you stomp them all, give you quite a Necro bar boost. Use that to do Splattersmashes and Splatterslashes. Easy way to get kills with that.

BloodGodAlucard
01-04-2011, 12:38 PM
Thanks for the tip Genetic Carnage. I'll keep at it until I get it. :)

DOBOYX2
01-05-2011, 10:10 AM
Splattersmash FTW baby!! it kills things quickly, it performs quickly compared to Splatterslash and it regenerates lost arms. Try not to use too many splatterkills, unless you really need to fill up on your necro meter like in the later waves. Just make sure you conserve your energy for the final 2-3 waves and use splatterkills when you see fit to fill up again.

BloodGodAlucard
01-05-2011, 10:48 AM
That's great advice. I actually think I will be fine on time when it comes to the Carnival level now. I had an amazing run today with a time of about 11 miutes on wave 14. I'm not sure how many waves Stage 4 and 5 have.

Then I just got overwhelmed by the anal frog creature. I had about 3 or 4 necro bars and this thing survived all of my splatter smash attacks. He always comes out with whip arm demons and club arm demons as well. They are not really a problem though.

I do have a lot of trouble against the zombie Jens. They always manage to surround me and sever my arms before I can guard. Any tips?

DOBOYX2
01-06-2011, 02:02 AM
That's great advice. I actually think I will be fine on time when it comes to the Carnival level now. I had an amazing run today with a time of about 11 miutes on wave 14. I'm not sure how many waves Stage 4 and 5 have.

Then I just got overwhelmed by the anal frog creature. I had about 3 or 4 necro bars and this thing survived all of my splatter smash attacks. He always comes out with whip arm demons and club arm demons as well. They are not really a problem though.

I do have a lot of trouble against the zombie Jens. They always manage to surround me and sever my arms before I can guard. Any tips? Yeah I hate those cheap ass blue ghouls and jenny things. My advice would be to keep a weapon handy whenever you know they spawn if they tear off your arm use splattersmash (if you can) to regenerate quicker and pick ur arm up and use that on em. Another good thing to do is is wait for them to attack first, dodge and dash at em with ur weapon and hit em. Just a precaution method I use so they dont interrupt me during an attack, they would have already attacked, thus leaving them vulnerable.

GamingEconomist
01-06-2011, 02:27 AM
Ahhh Wicker Man Stage is a huge Pain in the ass and it is the last one iam missing.

Tactics so far

1) Small Enemies grab and pull their arms out
2) Hit other enemies with arms and repeat step one
3) Jumping Monkey stun them and grab their arms they cost you time
4) Whip Devils, just two Splatter Smash and they are gone
5) Orange glowing bastards, try to group em an Kill em with Splatter Smash
6) Anus guys, if you are in the last wave and one is red, GO for a Splatter Kill this will make things easier cause you get Necro Blood and one Enemy is gone

In the last wave, donīt ram around like a headless chicken cause you will get stuck and then they nail you and you have to use your Energy Refill instead of using Splatter smash.

Even if it difficult, try to concentrate on one anus guy then the second one. Believe me there is no need to ram those Aegis or whatever they are called, cause they are gone with one Splatter Smash.

For the first 14 Rounds, try to be on Par with the time.

Round 1 = 1 Minute
Round 12 = 12 Minutes

If youre round is better then the time you got a higher chance to survive this.

If you see normal enemies in groups in the first 16 rounds or so, just kill em with one Smash. This will save you some time, where you can fill your necro bar in later rounds.

I did it like this and finished Wicker Man with 26.15 Minutes ( yeah i played to long with those monkeys)

Monkeys and the anus guys are your only source of problems here, the rest is actually a cake walk ( yes it is :-)

BloodGodAlucard
01-06-2011, 02:34 AM
Thanks, I'll try to use that strategy against them from now on. On an unrelated note, I'm trying to get the achievement for getting all 10 secret missions in one survival arena attempt. For some reason I never get the notification that some of them are unlocking. I was just curious. For ones that say get x kills with a fleshy weapon, do I have to get the first x number requirements for that one to unlock and then get the next number in addition to the first ones? Or do they count towards the second amount requirement? Like say the first one is 10 and the second is 25. Does that mean I need 25 total to get both secret missions done, or does it mean that I need 35 total? I would really appreciate some insight on this one. This achievement is driving me nuts. :confused:

Teh Phantomz
01-08-2011, 06:14 AM
To answer your question it is 10 + 15=25 so yeah. I just wanted to say Wickerman is giving me the shits. Also to anyone who has conquered it how many power weapons did you have on the last wave? ie Shotty and Chain saw.

Kind Regards

Teh Phantomz
01-08-2011, 08:37 AM
WOOOOOHOOOOOO I BEAT SHADOW OF THE WICKERMAN. I totally gave up and tried again and i got 2 shottys, they are really good shottys. Thanks you EVERYONE for the tips how unbelievably happy i am thanks again. I think it was genetic that said about the jump + splattersmash thanks buddy.

WOOOHOOOOO

Techgriffon
01-10-2011, 10:21 PM
I love to hate this game. I was on wave 19 on Wickerman with 16 minutes, and I got caught in a 3 hit Whip combo that killed me. Nothing I could do but take it all.

Next try, got to wave 20 with 20 minutes, killed all but 2 monsters when I went to do left trigger + y whip guy caught me in mid-air twice and i had to get out of the grapple only to be caught by the anal fister monster and had to grapple him and then aburptly died.

Here's a really good strat to get necro. Rip off an arm from a monster and jump and use your heavy attack. You should get almost one section of necro per hit. It fills up really fast and allows you to use your necro skills a whole lot more.

PeaceSquid
01-12-2011, 08:06 AM
Quick tip.

Inbetween waves, try pausing. The spinning 'loading' icon will keep moving. If you stay paused for five rotations of it, when you come out of pause it'll spin once more and the loading is done.

Could save you 5-10 secs per wave.

I'm down to 28 mins on Wickerman. Fking thing. It's so harsh. That last wave is brutal.

Zombiedrd
01-15-2011, 06:00 PM
I can't even finish anything after arena 2. I make really good time, but I get destroyed by the blue ones. Usually when trying to charge up a smash. They can get me, even when the screen is gray during the charge. Always get killed on wave 18 or 19 when the game spams the fuck out of them.

Pormogo
02-06-2011, 06:57 PM
Quick tip.

Inbetween waves, try pausing. The spinning 'loading' icon will keep moving. If you stay paused for five rotations of it, when you come out of pause it'll spin once more and the loading is done.

Could save you 5-10 secs per wave.

I'm down to 28 mins on Wickerman. Fking thing. It's so harsh. That last wave is brutal.

I love you.
22:01 Wickerman, just because of this tip.

Aronsky
04-17-2011, 05:30 AM
Just finished getting S rank on all of the arenas. For the last two levels I actually had a pretty easy time with my new strategy.

Pretty much what I did the whole time was grab a weapon and use the jump/Y attack on everyone, even the little guys. If there were no weapons than borrow an arm from one of the enemies. It made for great defense as well as offense with the spread damage. Plus it kills everything but the large guys in one hit. I found it especially great against those blue ghouls as you are constantly in the air instead of on the ground where they rape you.

For the tentacles it was the standard method. Charge them and the slash them asap.

Against the bigger guys when I had the necro I would use the jump splattersmash against them for massive damage. To save time only use execution when you need health or necro. Otherwise finish them with another smash or a weapon/jump/Y attack. Against the really big guys that move around on all fours, use the weapon A / Y move on them (takes them down to around half health) and follow up with a jump splatterslam which should either kill them or put them in the red so you can finish them off with an execution and get back some health and necro.

On both wicker and the last arena I finished with about three minutes to spare for the s rank. So I suggest you try out this method if you are having trouble. I think you will be just as amazed as I was at how easy and simple it is once you get the hang of it.

ICEMAN TNK
04-28-2011, 01:49 AM
Big Thanks to all those that posted tips and strategy. Just took down wickerman in 25:36 for S Ranking and 150G for 1000/1000.

aciddata
05-17-2011, 10:47 PM
Here is the S rank times:

Stage 1: 12 mins or less
Stage 2: 25 mins or less
Stage 3: 25 mins or less
Stage 4: 25 mins or less
Stage 5: 25:30 or less
Stage 6: 20 mins or less

I think Stage 5 may need amending to 26 minutes or less as I beat it in 25:33 and got the S-Rank.

llll epic llll
06-02-2011, 02:42 AM
Thanks to reading through this post I was able to get all S ranks without to much problem. Thanks.

Otacon152
06-05-2011, 06:23 PM
I've gotten these S ranks times:

Stage 1 - 10:13
Stage 2 - 17:47
Stage 3 - 19:01
Stage 4 - 20:21
Stage 5 - 24:10
Stage 6 - 16:59

Read my above post on the Aegis. As for the blue ghouls (and fake jens) either use Splatter Slash, Splatter Smash, or if you don't have any Necro meter, use the Ram to knock them down, them Pimp Hand Strong them to death, or grab and slam them.

For the tentacle armed monsters, the sore-asses, and club arms, jump and use :abut:, :ltbut: + :ybut: (Splatter Jump Slam, second skull on the Smash upgrade row) between them. Hold the :ybut: for longer, and when it hits, it will juggle them, most times killing tentacle and club arms in one hit. Try to get them to bunch up first to get the most bang for your buck. This also works beautifully for large groups of the little guys that like to crowd you.

Lastly, do your best to get the brown chests. These contain boreworms, and stomping/killing them all will give you a huge boost to your Necro bar.

Chests - Red=weapons, brown=boreworms, green=photo pieces.

Huge thanks for that post. That jumping splatter smash is mega effective on the bigger bosses. I was just using the ground one and it was taking at least 2 of them to kill the bigger enemies but that takes them out in one try and you also can take out more clumps of enemies too!

I think someone mentioned weapon drops (sorry I can't find the post.) You get a red crate every time you finish a secret mission. I'm not sure if they are random weapons or if it's a specific weapon per task but they might help in those weapon light levels.

Jay Leon Hart
06-13-2011, 08:20 PM
Thanks ever so much for the tips - http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/a.png, http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/lt.png + http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/y.png worked like a charm! I managed Stage 5 on my 1st attempt after putting it off for so long - 25:55! Pulling their arms off and grappling seemed to do me a world of good when I was low on blood. Thanks again!

ZCS Nightmare
06-22-2011, 07:48 AM
Thanks for all the tips, finally 1ked this game. :D One quick tip I didn't see on here was that I'd push the worm boxes to the side, inbetween waves, to save them for later. They never disappear. It's good for the last hard stages where you're hurting for nerco.

The Big Badd
06-24-2011, 12:45 AM
the smash does work really well

Birdassasin
06-25-2011, 04:28 PM
Thanks for the times and tips! I was able to pull off the last S-ranks last night and 1000GS this game. Splatter Smash worked suprisingly well on boss creatures and with addition of Ram after it, I was able to keep my Necro high. I was able to S-rank Wickerman on my first try. Got almost only hands from boxes, but still got it on time. Had to do the last arena twice, because apparently 20:00 is only worth of an A-rank.

XxSSWFxX
06-26-2011, 05:23 PM
I tried it sooo many times, but no chance.
I think, i let it be:(((

Trombonafide
09-20-2011, 03:35 AM
Thanks for all the tips, finally 1ked this game. :D One quick tip I didn't see on here was that I'd push the worm boxes to the side, inbetween waves, to save them for later. They never disappear. It's good for the last hard stages where you're hurting for nerco.

My God... YOU'RE A GENUIS. I never thought of that.

Trombonafide
10-05-2011, 11:37 PM
After letting this game rest for awhile, I came back to it. I have S ranks on 1-3. An anus monster bit me in half in Wave 20 of Arena 4. It took all of my self control not to put my controller through my wall.

I'm pretty sure I've never hated a game this much, with the exception of the platinum medals in Prototype.

KidKobun
04-07-2012, 07:59 AM
After letting this game rest for awhile, I came back to it. I have S ranks on 1-3. An anus monster bit me in half in Wave 20 of Arena 4. It took all of my self control not to put my controller through my wall.

I'm pretty sure I've never hated a game this much, with the exception of the platinum medals in Prototype.

Agreed. It is BS when you think about how much time is lost only to find out that you failed on the last wave with time still left on the clock or time runs out on the final wave or two. So irritating!

I enjoyed the campaign, but this is pure BS. I'm almost willing to pay someone to do it for me. Seriously though.

One of the biggest BS factors is that you are literally forced to wait 10 seconds for the enemies to even appear in the arena at the beginning. Thanks NamcoBandai. Real smart development decision when time is a factor.

I'm gonna' give it one more try and if I don't get an S-rank on this mission, I'm never touching this crap again...ever.

EDIT: I CANNOT stand the evil Jen chicks. They are a HUGE pain in the ass! I swear to God every time I retry it seems like the game throws more and more at me. Doesn't help that the in-game camera sucks too.

DOUBLE EDIT: *@$*(@$&(*& *%^&@^(#!!!!1!!!! I got all the way to the 18th wave and died because of the stupid ass glowing blue guys. There is this BS moment when you lose an arm and just get utterly raped, cannot get away and die. I am ready to snap this goddamn disc in half I'm so pissed. >:(

Motorexskygtr32
09-06-2012, 03:53 PM
Whew, did all survival arenas this morning. Had a trouble with Death Coaster because of Dead Jens ganged me up and swiped me to death without giving me to heal. So I had to focused on Jen and killed them as soon as they popped up. Other than that, smooth sailing for me with first tries on all 5 arenas except Death Coaster. I read this topic, some tips from TA.com and it helped me a lot to prepared and know what move can be done on certain enemies. I thought Shadow of the Wickerman would be harder and struggling than all arenas but it turned out it didn't for me except for the 20th wave. It was a bit overwhelming and nearly died twice throughout 5th arena. I'm glad I'm done with Splatterhouse Survival Arenas.

My time *(--)for each arena-
West Mansion- (11:41) 12:00
Slaughter House- (13:17) 16:00
West Observation- (15:40) 23:00
Death Coastser- (22:36) 25:00
Shadow of the Wickerman- (23:25) 26:00
West Manor- (17:49) 20:00

PR Mega X
11-17-2012, 12:44 AM
Man...that was fun :)

Don't ask me how, but I got S rank my first time through on every map except Wicker Man -- died on wave 19 with those goddamn blue bastards. Went right back to it, and finished in just over 23 minutes! I didn't watch any videos or read any strategies (even though I have like 15 pages open in my browser right now!), but best of luck to those of you still working on this. I can see how it could be a total pain in the ass -- I just ended up getting lucky!:woop:

AKfoy0face
10-22-2013, 09:08 PM
just bodied the S ranks.. people saying wicker man is hard? na 1st try got 22:40. strat was to use RT+Y with an arm as the arm does not break on the big guys. always grab the small guys and zombies and one shot them with X. The squids use LT+Y for a one shot kill even from a distance before they can even think about teleporting...oh and save your weapons for the Red Zombies