PDA

View Full Version : Drifting?

Wraithdagger
11-25-2010, 01:07 PM
Best place (I used the factory east of Joe's apartment)
Best vehicle (I used a fully upgraded Shubert Frigate)
Best method (See below)

Map for location I used: http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/8357/mafia2drift.png

Gogo. :)

Cobalt Blue
11-25-2010, 10:11 PM
- The street on the top right corner of the map that leads to the place where the greasers are hanging out (or any other long emtpy stretch).

- A fully tuned Ascot Bailey or Dezilia Grandeamerica. I did it with the latter one but it might be easier with the AB because it's not so overpowered. Other light and powerful cars should work aswell.

- Keep your car at about 20-30 mph and then quickly turn the wheel left and right again and again. What you want to happen is that your car tilts close to a 90 degree angle and then quickly shift back and to a 90 degree angle on the other side. Do this a few times and you have your 200 points.
It takes a little practice not to oversteer your car and to keep a flow because if your not scoring for only a short time your points get booked.

Wraithdagger
11-25-2010, 10:59 PM
THANK YOU. I finally got this BS achievement. I actually got it in my Level 3 Shubert Frigate. Did it at the uh... I think it's a factory area east of Joe's apartment. Fairly wide open area from across the street into the northern part of the factory itself. Never wanna do this again.

billjones0302
01-09-2011, 03:45 AM
Now, I am humbled! I attempted this achievement on several occassions, used a variety of cars (Shubert, AB, etc.), and different road conditions (snow, wet, dry) without success. My son watched me, and asked to try. Handed him the controller and he unlocked it on the first go. The Shubert on dry pavement and he made it look easy. I guess I should consider gaming retirement!

Thomas Irwin
02-02-2011, 11:41 AM
A fairly easy way I found to unlock this was to grab a Smith Thunderbolt, and head to the paved area of the docks close to the road. Start at the far left end, as viewed from the street, get up a modest amount of speed and - as stated in other threads - just start fishtailing widely from side to side. No need to upgrade this particular car; and more than enough space here in which to achieve this.

Almsivi
02-03-2011, 12:41 PM
I found this achievement rather easy actually - just grab any one of the faster cars, like the Shubert Frigate like mentioned above, (I used a Roller GL since I have the dlc), start any mission and go to Empire Park's most down left part - here's a link to what I'm talking about :

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=285578

TizZle xR
03-12-2011, 06:28 AM
I found this achievement rather easy actually - just grab any one of the faster cars, like the Shubert Frigate like mentioned above, (I used a Roller GL since I have the dlc), start any mission and go to Empire Park's most down left part - here's a link to what I'm talking about :

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=285578

I did it this way, except down by the docks.

BigTymer2047
06-26-2012, 10:30 PM
Thanks, man. This helped. This was one of the stupidest achs I've gotten. Waste of time!

ReaptheChaos
08-15-2012, 05:07 PM
I cant believe they call this drifting, you cant drift in this game, not properly anyway> It’s more like uncontrolled skidding. Anyway, simply turn driving mode to simulation and you should have no trouble scoring a 200 point “drift”.

ServeChilled
02-05-2014, 05:37 AM
A fairly easy way I found to unlock this was to grab a Smith Thunderbolt, and head to the paved area of the docks close to the road. Start at the far left end, as viewed from the street, get up a modest amount of speed and - as stated in other threads - just start fishtailing widely from side to side. No need to upgrade this particular car; and more than enough space here in which to achieve this.

Same, tho I did have a level 3 sherbet(vette)