PDA

View Full Version : Does Kinect require you to jump a lot?

Eladoruw
11-25-2010, 02:45 PM
So I have decided to look into Kinect a bit, and with all the praise you are guys are giving it, it looks like it would be a good buy. But I have one question. Do I have to jump a lot while using Kinect? Whenever I jump in my room is sounds like the sky is falling down downstairs.

Any specific games that makes me jump a lot I should avoid maybe? (I'm mainly interested in the dance and fitness games.)

I am a bit puzzled this hasn't been asked before - I can't be the only one with this issue? Anyways, thanks in advance for any help!

HatTrick190
11-25-2010, 03:11 PM
So I have decided to look into Kinect a bit, and with all the praise you are guys are giving it, it looks like it would be a good buy. But I have one question. Do I have to jump a lot while using Kinect? Whenever I jump in my room is sounds like the sky is falling down downstairs.

Any specific games that makes me jump a lot I should avoid maybe? (I'm mainly interested in the dance and fitness games.)

I am a bit puzzled this hasn't been asked before - I can't be the only one with this issue? Anyways, thanks in advance for any help!

It depends on the game, if you're playing something like Reflex Ridge on Kinect Adventures, than yes. But if your playing a dance game, you typically wont have to jump alot. Joyride is also a good game if you want to avoid jumping. I havent tried the fitness games yet so Im not sure about those. I hope this heals :D

TakahashiDemon
11-25-2010, 03:36 PM

You don't have to put full force into jumping, just jump enough for Kinect to recognize you.. try Your Shape tho, thats the only game I know that doesn't need jumping very much.

Braiiins
11-25-2010, 04:54 PM
I've been able to get kinect to see me as jumping when I just go up on my tip toes real quick or make a jumping motion where I raise my torso but I never leave the ground.

I'm in the same boat as you, can't do a lot of jumping in the games due to living on the second floor.

Eladoruw
11-25-2010, 06:19 PM
Thanks everyone, definately helped me out! :)

I've been able to get kinect to see me as jumping when I just go up on my tip toes real quick or make a jumping motion where I raise my torso but I never leave the ground.

This is just the perfect answer however, thanks a bunch dude! ;)

Capn Doug
11-25-2010, 06:24 PM
Ok, so I am probably eminantly qualified to talk about the level of jumping in the games I have played. They all have some level of vertical movement required. Dance Central has a certain level of hopping in it, as does Kinect Adventures and even Your Shape. As a result, I can't play any of my Kinect games right now, since it turns out I may have a broken ankle (standing isn't an issue, but jumping is excruciating). In Kinect Adventures, you don't have to jump that high to get your avatar to jump, so you can jump just a few inches to get it to register and then land to absorb most, if not all of the noise.