PDA

View Full Version : Combo thread!

Robert-da-pro
11-25-2010, 05:47 PM
Arghhh... i try hours to get all combos done and i got only 3 out of 8! :uzi:

For example these:

If you dodge an opponents spinning left backfist, use a spinning right backfist (swing your right fist backward/outward quickly) to counter

I keep doing this and all is right, but it does not activate combo. I dodge and hit with split second spinning right backfist and i do not see COUNTER on screen and 80 points. Is that the problem? It has to be COUNTER also on screen and if yes then why the hell it does not take it as counter attack.

I wish someone here is combo expert already and can explain more about these.

CIREX
11-27-2010, 12:54 PM
Enemies needs to have empty focus bar to activate any combos on them.

CIREX
11-30-2010, 09:08 PM
Has anybody managed to do the:

If your opponent dodges a spinning heel kick, (put your right/left foot behind your opposite foot and lean forward slightly) strike him with a left round kick before he raises his guard.

.. combo?

I can't trigger this. Does it matter if I do left or right spinning heel kick?

TopNotched
12-08-2010, 09:09 PM
Did you figure this one out? I'm going to work on the combos achievement today. I will let you know how it ends up.

Its nice to see someone else from this site in the top 10 :-) Currently #6 and I have 3 guys still in the 13,000 range, once I master them I should be up with you. :-)

TopNotched
12-10-2010, 12:50 AM
This is also the only combo I cant execute.

If your opponent dodges a spinning heel kick, strike him with a left round kick before he raises his guard.

Maybe this needs to be performed on league 3 or 2? I have tried it on many different guys. Everyone returns to their guards before you can get the left round kick in.

CIREX
12-11-2010, 11:35 AM
I've done all the combos.
I've found Twin Pistols as the easiest opponent to perform combos.
It's also important to drop enemies focus bar to 0. The less focus, the bigger chance to trigger combo.

Robert-da-pro
12-12-2010, 03:01 PM
I've done all the combos.
I've found Twin Pistols as the easiest opponent to perform combos.
It's also important to drop enemies focus bar to 0. The less focus, the bigger chance to trigger combo.

Who is Twin Pistols?

Damn somehow i lost my save and must start all over them again. Had 5 of 8 done. These combos piss me off. Been on 985G for awhile now.

CIREX
12-12-2010, 04:38 PM
I'm sorry.
I meant Piston Joe.

These combos aren't that hard. Just need to be triggered when enemy has empty focus bar (not even 1 pixel left) and you get it every time.

I've got already achievement for 50 combos.

Robert-da-pro
12-14-2010, 04:39 PM
I'm sorry.
I meant Piston Joe.

These combos aren't that hard. Just need to be triggered when enemy has empty focus bar (not even 1 pixel left) and you get it every time.

I've got already achievement for 50 combos.

50 combos was easy to do because you can pick your favorite one and keep doing until get 50 times.. i find elbow combo very easy to trigger.

But damn some of them seem impossible. Sometimes super stike ruins combo also, because bar gets full all the time. I wish someone would write proper guide about combos.

CIREX
12-15-2010, 01:03 AM
What combo you have problem with?

Johnny Sinister
12-29-2010, 04:48 PM
Ok, so does anyone have any specific tips for Combo 8? I see that most people have problems with this one the most. They seem to get it eventually, but don't explain what they were doing right/wrong.

I have a great understanding of activating combos. I have done the other 7 and had no problem pulling off 50 combos for that achievement either.

But for this one, I can drop the enemies Zen gauge to 0, get to the right distance. But every time I do the Spinning Heel kick, one of 2 things happen. One, they don't dodge the kick. And two, they dodge the kick but my fighter is unable to make ANY move for about 3 seconds, which seems too long. By the time I do pull off a left round kick, it is either easily blocked, disrupts a move in progress by the enemy, or hits without activating a combo.

So I am wondering if there is a certain opponent, league, or situation where this move needs to be done? Does it matter if it is a left spinning heel kick, or right?

Any help would be appreciated, this is driving me crazy.

Johnny Sinister
12-30-2010, 06:32 PM
ok, I managed to get it.

First of all, it HAS to be a right spinning heel kick, even though the Combo page in the advice section does not specify.

Second, I was trying over and over again to get this on Gambler, as you can easily get him Breathless. But apparently you cannot activate combos while enemy is in this state.

I finally got it on One Jab, in the Open League. He is slow enough and doesn't use sweeps to counter your heel kicks.

King Shaneo
03-21-2011, 02:18 AM
Ok so just done combo 8, found mover the easiest to do it on after countless attempts on one jab. Did it 1st time and did it second round again, like everyone says get the focus bar right down then triggers straight away. I'm in open league and start it by spinning heel kick putting your left foot behind your right.