PDA

View Full Version : Beat Alpha-152 - SO EASY!

Seb The Sheep
06-01-2007, 11:49 AM
Hey guys, before I give you the method in which I completed Time Attack so easily at Alpha 152's stage, I have to tell you that this method may/will not work with all characters, but it works with at least 3/4 of them.

So. What's the secret? Well all you do is punch! Just keep pressing Y. No fancy combos. No directional buttons, JUST Y. If your character punches Alpha far away of course you run to her and continue punching.

When she is nearly dead, like all AI characters, she will automatically grapple you and do a LOT of damage, but by then it's too late because shes nearly dead, just kick her from the floor and bang you win!

This has worked most excellently for me and I hope it does for you too.

Please also note: When I say press Y, that's even when she teleports. If you don't stop pressing Y, she will swipe through your body, so you must press Y at all times, EVEN WHEN SHE TELEPORTS!

Seb The Sheep
06-01-2007, 02:11 PM
Hey no problem man, tell me if it works well for you and maybe how many characters it works for (if you're going for Tengu you'll need to do it on all of them)

And just another tip just in case you don't know... Options > Time Attack > Match Points > change to 1
You won't unlock costumes but easier when trying to unlock Tengu.

Bodangles
07-30-2007, 01:37 AM
teh seb if this works i am going to be forever in debt to you. alpha took me 11 minutes to beat with bass, mainly because not all of us possess the power to teleport whenever the hell we want. thanks again!

KingPinn187
08-16-2007, 03:35 AM
YO man thanks a lot... i got GREATEST on her twice in a row with jan lee... this really helped.

Cr4shed
08-28-2007, 08:27 PM
holy crap so this does work?

that's awesome, if so thanks Seb, you've stumbled across a gem that should save people smashed controllers everywhere. I'll be trying it later today.

Seb The Sheep
08-31-2007, 08:10 PM
Haha glad to see I could help, as I said, I tried with all characters and it doesn't always work, but I've never had to try more than 3 times per character using this 'strategy'! ;)

killlah631
09-02-2007, 04:30 PM
I'm going to give this a try when I get home from work, I played this game so much until I got a harddrive and lost my memory card with only 3 costumes left to get! Now I am going to try to get gold on all tags and get all costumes, etc...Is alpha 151 in the tag battles?

Seb The Sheep
09-03-2007, 06:00 AM
No, there is none of that Alpha annoyingness in tag battles. ;)

Bodangles
09-03-2007, 11:58 AM
if alpha-146732856 was in tag battles this would be, by freaking far, the worst most impossible game ever. anyways, the y trick sometimes worked for me :( but i found it amusing and easier to use the back-LT trick. just stand on the edge of the semi-raised platform in the middle and use back-LT right when that hoe teleports.

and just to put this out there, i KNOW. i mean I KNOW that when i am at 99 wins in survival bungie is gonna put alpha-152 in the 100 persons place. I KNOW.

TheRealist50
09-12-2007, 10:17 PM
omg this really does work, Just beat time attack with Spartan to unlock one of her many costumes...this is sick.

Seb The Sheep
09-13-2007, 08:03 PM
I'm glad I could help, TheRealist :), Do you think it's worth asking the admin to sticky this, since it's proving effective for a lot of people?

TheRealist50
09-15-2007, 02:42 PM
I'm glad I could help, TheRealist :), Do you think it's worth asking the admin to sticky this, since it's proving effective for a lot of people?

I'd think so I mean it works and its easy plus its not like your cheating or doing something wrong.

halomastercap
02-22-2008, 10:58 PM
Can someone put up a video of this?

No matter which character I use, she just counters or holds me, or teleports behind me and does that instant BAM lose a third of your health in a single move hit.

Smugu
03-08-2008, 09:48 AM
Yeah.. Does exactly that to me too halomastercap.. I havent found this tactic usable at all, im going to try that back+LT trick instead

TheRedRisky
04-21-2008, 12:58 PM
THIS IS SO ANNOYING ARGH!

Ive been playing this bitch for like 20 minutes! Y is useless for Ayane cos she has no real punching attacks! EMERALD WEAPON was less annoying than this

TrembL
06-17-2008, 10:32 PM
You gotta be kidding me! I used Kasumi and it worked like a charm on the first shot. Just kept pressing Y and she was able to get me down to about half life, but I didnt get hit until she was almost dead from JUST pressing Y.

Xangcris
07-06-2008, 12:32 AM
spammed punch to win with Bass, nice to know that it works with everyone.

Tyrant100
08-14-2008, 07:59 AM
Time Attack is so easy... I'm a huge DoA noob, but with Hyate it was easy!

Natanji
03-30-2009, 10:05 AM
It really doesn't work with just every character. The only character that I could make this work with was Hayate, really. I will stand on my point of view that winning against this bitch is just a pure matter of luck, because if she wants she can just use almost unblockable attacks that take half of your health away anyways.

The problem with the punching is really the range. She has an uber range with her kicks and she WILL use it to her advantage if you just keep punching and the last punch of your combo falls short of her face. What I think is important are really different things...

-Run towards her and punch her, usually that will make it to fast to hit your first - remember, she has such an insane range and speed that if you don't run at her, but just try moving in and punching then, she can just kick your ass instantly.
-Try using moves that put her to the ground.
-Don't even try hitting her when after an attack she floats slowly to the floor and makes that weird hollow noise. It's a trap, the moment you hit her she will teleport away and hit you instead.
-Try to stay in the middle of the arena. You can't really effectively punch her against the machinery at the side of the arena because she just teleports away, however you can't, and she has many attacks that send you flying against the environment for massive damage.
-Use Forward+RT or Backward+RT, depending on your character, the instant that she teleports or charges at you (if you are far enough away). This will usually be a move that breaks her attack and sends her flying a bit away from you.
-I don't know about OPs comment about going on punching even if she teleports. I seriously think it's bullcrap. If you go on punching, you will just be hitting the air in front of you even if she has teleported behind you... instead, just stop punching, and defend or counter.

I had to try at least 50 times yesterday until I got her with Zack. Pain in the ass. I could make a better game. :P

OmegaFlip
04-17-2009, 12:51 PM
doesn't really work for me.

i found the cheapest way to beat her and got my time attack achievements with ease was using brad wong. yeah that's right brad wong. all u have to is press down p+k (she'll lay down on the floor) and press K. if that connects do any combo sometime it's an air combo. when she hits the floor lay down on the floor again.

Mindslave
06-17-2009, 10:50 PM
Thanks, I was actually able to unlock a few more costumes legit this way without buying them in the Zack store

Van Hooligan X
10-12-2009, 12:32 AM
Yeah.. Does exactly that to me too halomastercap.. I havent found this tactic usable at all, im going to try that back+LT trick instead the press Y alot tactic doesn't work at all, the LT 1 is more reliable, and my more reliable i mean it actually works lol

TakahashiDemon
12-14-2009, 12:41 PM
She isn't that hard, just try not to get in the way of those "I win" attacks from her, most of the time I pass her with 1 try.

I was actually playing time attack in Very Hard mode for awhile before I realized, still beat her really quick though.