PDA

View Full Version : Bad banned list on this game and abused cards

The 8lue Ace
11-25-2010, 08:41 PM
The banned and limited list needs updating and there are some pretty OP cards in this game being abused:

Heavy storm is forbidden in current offical lists and it should be in this game, everyone uses it no matter what deck they're using.

Nerco gardna is limited, but in this game I've seen people using muliple copies of this card, mainly in lightsworn decks too so they can guard to get judgement dragon out.

Black Rose dragon, did anyone else think akiuza's deck in the toury is just hax when she can keep clearing the field with this card 3 times and use its effect to make monsters like marshmellon redundant?
Should be limited to 1 if you ask me.

Judgement dragon personally I think should be limited to 1 copy but the offical list has it as semi limited also so I won't bother arguing my point, just my opinion thats all. I'll maybe unpopular with this comment as half the players I've dueled use lightsworn decks, but if you ask me that kinda proves a point :P

To show I'm not doing this for gain, I think red eyes darkness metal dragon should be semi limited because they're are quite OP AND I use a dragon deck myself, so there, I'm not just picking on a deck which I hate and I'm trying to look at it from everyones view.

The main one for me is wave motion cannon, its just overpowered and everyone using a burn deck abuses this card, end of.

Dark strike strike is being abused for OTK's also using monsters (Including itself) in burn decks and ending the duel in a cheap way. The current offical banned list has this card on it.

Some other cards come to mind like Nercoface and moprhing jar 2 but that would destroy that A.I's deck if those were limited.

There maybe some I missed if people would like to comment.

Nazka Asmodeus
11-25-2010, 09:54 PM
I agree with everything you said.. and would go as far as to ban Monster Reborn as well... How many time have I seen my opponent win the game just because of that card! Cards like these are the very reason they instated the ban list in the first place!

Dark Strike Fighter bugs me to no end too! That card should be banned just as it is in the current official ban list!

Jfrizz0424
11-25-2010, 10:03 PM
Maybe before you go one a rant about the ban-list you should look at it and realize Black Rose Dragon is at 3.

The 8lue Ace
11-25-2010, 10:31 PM
Maybe before you go one a rant about the ban-list you should look at it and realize Black Rose Dragon is at 3.

Fair enough, corrected and edited, but it should still be limited or semi limited, using a card to clear the field 3 times is just stupid if you ask me.

Akiuza is ALOT stronger than yusei in this game and its all because she has 3 of that one card.

DeeJayMark
11-25-2010, 11:20 PM
The problem is that all the broken card are in this game with an old ban list like "march 09"

so all cards like monster reborn, heavy storm, Brionac, Goyo Guardian, necroface, necro gardna, rescue cat... and the list goes on

These cards were baned/limited for a reason...

But now with the format of the current game, how can you expect something to work when the core is corrupted ???

So, in this point of view, why not bring back, Envoy of the beginning, Envoy of the end, Yata-Garatsu, Butterfly Dagger Elma, Raigeki, Harpies Feather Duster...

The Ban list in this game is crap, so unless they do a MAJOR patch/update to change the banlist and fit the AI decks with it, it will always be a pain to play against them...

They could simply input a feature that let you choose wich "ban list" you wanna use... but nooooooo... they give us that and we are stuck with it.

Did i said Thank You Konami ???

Jfrizz0424
11-25-2010, 11:43 PM
I LOVE yu Gi Oh, but this game is not that goo dand that upsets me. But going back to BRD, i think they brought this card back up to 3 because of starlight road and because they banned heavy storm

DeeJayMark
11-26-2010, 03:09 AM
maybe if it was following the current ban list but its not.. so this aint really the point.

hawaiianruler
11-26-2010, 03:34 AM
They aren't really following any ban list that I can think of. They just kinda did a pick and choose... So talking about a ban list that is good doesn't really help.

RobbieTheKiller
11-26-2010, 06:16 AM
They should release a update when ever a new ban list comes out.

Its Fooga
11-26-2010, 09:39 AM
I agree with everything you said.. and would go as far as to ban Monster Reborn as well... How many time have I seen my opponent win the game just because of that card! Cards like these are the very reason they instated the ban list in the first place!

Dark Strike Fighter bugs me to no end too! That card should be banned just as it is in the current official ban list!

Monster Reborn was recently unbanned in the official card game actually.

Solemn Judgement is also limited to 1, but I've seen the AI use it 3 times in a single duel. Ridiculous!

Nazka Asmodeus
11-26-2010, 12:32 PM

Yeah I know... Dark Hole was also unbanned... Let's just say I don't agree to that list! haha!

Solemn Judgement is also limited to 1, but I've seen the AI use it 3 times in a single duel. Ridiculous!

Indeed, this is also very annoying... however seeing how stupidly the AI uses them in the game, most of the time it hurts them more than it hurts a smart duelist... How many times have I seen them counter a burn card that would have dealt less damage than the cost to activate the trap! haha!

Lymle
11-26-2010, 06:14 PM
Quite frankly I think a ban list in general is useless for this game, as it follows no set ban list, and i think it should just unban the things it does have. I enjoy the challenge the AI gives me, and i've beaten the tournament several times without loosing a single duel. And i promise I don't really use/abuse the cards that were on the list, i'm just stating my personal opinion. They either need to follow a ban-list, or unban everything. Either way I wouldn't care to be honest.

UK Dennis
11-27-2010, 12:23 AM
There is a search restriction of banned cards in the deck editor. Maybe this means they will add some sort of option to turn off banned cards in player matches or something.

mmxxooll
11-27-2010, 02:04 AM
Just play the game. You can beat everything. Having those doesn't make it an automatic win. Just believe in yourself and your deck. Heart of the Cards.

Another thing, why would you want a game that doesn't let you play with the contents of the game? Like Halo, but you dont get guns, have fun beating people down. Or Madden, but sorry Peyton Manning is too good, banned. Come on

DeeJayMark
11-27-2010, 03:38 AM
Just play the game. You can beat everything. Having those doesn't make it an automatic win. Just believe in yourself and your deck. Heart of the Cards.

Another thing, why would you want a game that doesn't let you play with the contents of the game? Like Halo, but you dont get guns, have fun beating people down. Or Madden, but sorry Peyton Manning is too good, banned. Come on

I think youre missing the point, dont get me wrong, i get what youre saying, but if Konami created a ban / limited list, its because they knew certain cards didnt fit the current format... so putting these specific cards back in the games creates a Broken gameplay...

Thats what its all about, playing 1 card is nice, but beeing able to play a card that is to strong 3 turns in a row is just irritating, weither its a human or AI who does it...

Thats the point, if the game creators removes a card its because they know it will be unfair... but in this game (decade Duels) its like they said

Fu** that, we dont care let them be destroyed by unfair advantage cards that will be over abbused...

Thats what pisses me off cause everywhere else, this wont happen because there is a BAN LIST to balanced the game itself...

hydrosugar
11-27-2010, 11:02 PM
i havent played online yet or even offline for a while but i love dark strike fighter. in comparison to the 6 STAR goyo guardian(that i dont have) its very balenced. its a great way to finish of AI after your direct attacks fell just short. my deck is by no strech of the imagination a burn deck, but at 2600atk dark strike fighter is also my strongest 7 star syncro(and my monsters usually equal 7 stars) yeah i cant rememeber the rest but the ban list is pretty flawed and yusei is not even close to being the hardest in the game

Fromaginator
12-04-2010, 07:09 AM

I just had a duel where the Ai used it three times consecutively although the thing that bothers me the most in this game is every single AI regardless of deck having mirror force, it is such an awesome card it ruins me every time (almost, I do have a few cards to help, trap jammer and such but still)