PDA

View Full Version : Future of Kinect??

narcolepticshee
11-27-2010, 12:05 AM
I've got Santa bringing me Kinect this year, and whilst I'm extremely excited, I can't help but worry about the future of games with Kinect.

I can totally see the sports side, and the fitness side - but I'm completely failing to see any other genre coming to Kinect?

Just wanted to know if anyone had come up with some really cool ideas about possible games and uses for Kinect, because as far as I'm concerned, the style of game seems pretty limiting.

Peace

HammerTimeL12
11-27-2010, 12:10 AM
I hope they make more action type games or shooters.
that would be interesting.

narcolepticshee
11-27-2010, 12:15 AM
Yeh, maybe like a Time Crisis/House of the Dead style game might work quite as well.

I was also thinking maybe when adding to Hardcor games, that they literally do just that - add to the game with Kinect. Maybe if you're playing a racing game and kinect tracks your head movement so you can look around the dashboard.

Id also quite like to see a RTS game for Kinect - might be quite interesting?

Peace

UK Dennis
11-27-2010, 12:29 AM
tbh, i am more bothered about how this technology will start to be used in other technologies. Using it to control you PC, TV, etc.

Starstrukk X360A
11-27-2010, 12:37 AM
There definitely is potential for other game genres that aren't just casual ones. I'm thinking that the whole casual market was so everyone can get a Kinect, and then once everyone has one, they go work on hardcore games.

CyanideSpirit
11-27-2010, 07:27 AM
Kinect will be awesome either way :) but it could use some shooting games

Jonezy
11-27-2010, 08:10 PM
they should have a game like sims called kinect life

thedond
11-30-2010, 04:07 AM
i have looked into kinect some and from what ive seen forza 4 has an overtake game mode special designed around kinect and that you can interact with the cars and get up close with them and check them out and all the detail unlike other games. rumour has it gears of war 3 is going to have some kinect fuction in it but i cant see how but games like army of two when u go in back to back i can see the 3rd game having kinect function when in back to back but a time crisis style game would be awsome. i can see the possibility of games like tekken using kinect functions im wondering if hardcore retail games are going to be sneaky and add in cheevos specifically requiring kinect function to unlock them.

Capn Doug
11-30-2010, 06:35 AM
I've mentioned this a few other places, but I hope the future of Kinect involves using the voice commands to help immerse the player more fully in the game. In a shooter or an RPG, allowing the play to simply say "fall back" to the allies as opposed to pressing the D-Pad. Or allowing Kinect capability in Rock Band 4 so that the avatar can move like you if you want them to. Aside from making games that are fully Kinect capable, make games that use Kinect to break down the barrier between the player and the game while still using the controller as the main interface.

narcolepticshee
12-01-2010, 01:22 AM
I've mentioned this a few other places, but I hope the future of Kinect involves using the voice commands to help immerse the player more fully in the game. In a shooter or an RPG, allowing the play to simply say "fall back" to the allies as opposed to pressing the D-Pad. Or allowing Kinect capability in Rock Band 4 so that the avatar can move like you if you want them to. Aside from making games that are fully Kinect capable, make games that use Kinect to break down the barrier between the player and the game while still using the controller as the main interface.

I thought about this as well, but what's to stop them from implementing this currently with a headset which hardly makes it a revolution if used for kinect??

(Even though i completely agree with you, it would be cool)

Peace

Capn Doug
12-01-2010, 03:20 AM
I thought about this as well, but what's to stop them from implementing this currently with a headset which hardly makes it a revolution if used for kinect??

(Even though i completely agree with you, it would be cool)

Peace

True, though having the voice recognition in Kinect makes it much easier. Plus, the fact that Kinect cancels out background noise means that it might be possible for anything after "allies" to be muted as opposed to having your party hear everything you are saying to the game.

I know the party could hear the clicking of my guitar when I used Kinect for party chat on Rock Band 3, but not the game itself, or even the fan going in the background. That is definitely not the case with the headset.

Abdable
02-20-2011, 03:13 PM
i hope as they get improve the tech more and more they will be able to make games that r controled by a much more varied types of movements. IE insted of big movents u can do more with less

wozza1971
02-23-2011, 11:15 PM
is it just me or now that kinects been out a while are like me you starting to worry kinnect may be a flash in the pan thing like others i rushed out and bought it. loved kinect sports and dance central. but where are all the games if your not into fitness or petting virtual animals. the only thing to be released is a brain training clone big frickin deal.

ZackNovak
02-24-2011, 12:46 AM
There needs to be more Kinect support soon or I believe it will forgotten like the Vision Camera

twhiting9275
02-28-2011, 08:15 PM
Does Kinect have a future? Absolutely. More and more games will (eventually) be ready to support Kinect. Do try to remember the system's only been out for a few months. Right now there's probably 4-5 playable games on there (I don't count fitness/sports as "games", but you might ;)), and they're working on more.

Just like with anything, this all takes time.

Agent Stonieboy
02-28-2011, 08:43 PM
Does Kinect have a future? Absolutely. More and more games will (eventually) be ready to support Kinect. Do try to remember the system's only been out for a few months. Right now there's probably 4-5 playable games on there (I don't count fitness/sports as "games", but you might ;)), and they're working on more.

Just like with anything, this all takes time.

Your right... I am looking forward to the relase of Kinect Starwars i dec... who would't wanna be a jedi :D

Tripper511
03-01-2011, 02:00 AM
The future is facial recognition and fugitives who play with it getting arrested immediately.

silentlybroken
03-01-2011, 03:40 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing how it evolves and what games come out for it. I love the games I have currently. I just hope they get less pricy, as it's a bit difficult to afford some of them as a poor student.

I think I need to work harder so I get a good job ; )

Tissue
03-01-2011, 01:08 PM
I hope they make more action type games or shooters.
that would be interesting.

Originally I was also of this opinion. However I recently played Dance Central and was pleasantly surprised as to how enjoyable it was. For anyone who hasn't checked this out yet I advise doing so. Easily the best KINECT game i've played so far.