PDA

View Full Version : What's the next great Kinect game?

Mendokusai
11-27-2010, 07:37 PM
Dance Central is good, Kinectimals is good, Adventures is better than expected but what are people looking forward to in the future?

litepink
11-29-2010, 04:14 AM
The MJ game, although I doubt anyone else shares my enthusiasm.

Gackt
11-29-2010, 05:27 AM
t what are people looking forward to in the future?

Games that are for people over 12.

nayR2012
11-29-2010, 01:09 PM
Child of Eden looks great..

(try Rez HD on xbox live arcade if your curious)

RichXbox360
11-29-2010, 02:21 PM
The MJ game, and Brunswick Pro Bowling when Game announce the UK release date.

I only want the MJ game for the singing, I know I can't dance, I sing a lot better than that bloke who got chucked off X Factor last night.

Gemmaa
11-29-2010, 05:38 PM
The MJ game, and Brunswick Pro Bowling when Game announce the UK release date.

I only want the MJ game for the singing, I know I can't dance, I sing a lot better than that bloke who got chucked off X Factor last night. Ahaha, Wagner was legendary :P But yeah, the MJ game looks awesome :) I havnt got the kinect yet but am getting it for xmas :D

DarkReign2021
11-30-2010, 03:17 AM
Huge fan of the old Steel Battalion games. Definitely looking forward to the new one. Curious how they're going from 40-button controller to hands-free motion controls. Thinking it's going to be something like those mechs you see in animes, maybe a combination of it follow youre moves and holographic panels in the cockpit that you can press for additional features.

Don't want to jump the gun yet, but I have high hopes for Star Wars next year. Hopefully they nail down the lightsaber gameplay and don't make it some motion-locked piece of crap. I want a full range of animation.

Children of Eden of course will be awesome.

John Carmack said he'd like to make a game for the Kinect, but doesn't know what yet. That's something to look forward to in the next few years hopefully.

SoulSatchel7
11-30-2010, 03:26 AM
I wonder this myself. I haven't been keeping an eye on what's up and coming. Any suggestions on where I can go to see future releases?

Also, a Star Wars lightsaber game would be hella tight if done right...

Braiiins
11-30-2010, 03:26 AM
Child of Eden looks awesome. I know it's just kinect compatible, so I'm interested to see the integration (can you only use it on certain parts vs. can you use it the entire game)

Tracker799
12-02-2010, 02:35 AM
Looking forward to the Brunswick bowling game. Hoping it's a little more responsive and reliable than Kinect Sport bowling. I'm tired of throwing one ball that goes absolutely straight and the next hook like crazy using the exact same throw!

mightymightyme
12-06-2010, 04:08 AM
I'd like to see versions of these games designed for Kinect.

Raving Rabbids (This is a no brainer, the best mini game collection)

Viva Pinata could be interesting

Whatever Twisted Pixel can do with a Kinect

I'd like to see a game use kinect to replace the quick time button press events.

Yunder
12-06-2010, 04:33 AM
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=84457

This game will rival the greatest of all games. It will rival Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Half:Life, Halo: Combat Evolved, and Super Mario Bros. Mankind will never be the same.

Fuck. Yes.

litepink
12-06-2010, 04:36 AM
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=84457

Was skimming Dude's Subscriber of the Month post, and was 100% sure he was joking. Guess not...

Lucent Beam
12-06-2010, 04:45 AM
If the MJ game is similar and exact as Dance Central, then it will be amazing.
I also agree on Child of Eden. I love that guy.

I hate to say it, though, but there's not much that I've actually spent time looking into as future releases on Kinect because I just assume it'll mostly be weak.

cantstopcollecting
12-06-2010, 04:47 AM
IGN ripped the MJ game apart on the Wii. Their main complaints sound like things the Kinect can fix...Mainly that a dance game using the wii mote doesn't make sense.

RichXbox360
12-06-2010, 12:59 PM
Meh, it's a known fact IGN are devout followers of all things Sony, but I suspect the PS Move incarnation of the MJ game will suffer from the same problems as the Wii version, how can you do dance moves, or even the singing bits, with a PS Move remote?

At the moment, I have all the Kinect games I want though, except I've asked the Parentals for Joyride for Christmas, normally I hate driving games, but I recently played the demo of Joyride and enjoyed it.

texameradian
12-08-2010, 12:59 PM
I am really excited for Kinect Star Wars that's going to be released this late December or early next year. I'm definitely gonna pick me up some MJ.

Eggnogga
12-08-2010, 02:03 PM
My sister came over and tried the Kinect a couple weeks ago, after about 2 hours of playing it she convinced herself to buy me 'Dance Central' for xmas. Now, i've lived my life thinking that 6'3" white men aren't supposed to be doing any sort of gyrating, and I understand the game is already out.. but thats the one I'm looking forward to at this point.

TJ Spyke
12-08-2010, 05:17 PM
IGN ripped the MJ game apart on the Wii. Their main complaints sound like things the Kinect can fix...Mainly that a dance game using the wii mote doesn't make sense.

The Just Dance games are actually pretty fun; not great, but fun.

I think it's very loose to call Kinectimals a "game". From reviews I have read, it may be fun for kids to play with the animals but it's not much of a game in the traditional sense.

I am interested in the idea of Kinect, but right now most of the games are fitness games, simple sports games, and junk. There hasn't been a "core" game released yet that supports it. I do plan to buy a couple Kinect games though.

Wulf0123
12-10-2010, 03:45 AM
probably the same route as wii, fitness games, dance games, random other games. maybe using it gimmicy as part of other games. who knows?

jaelrock
12-10-2010, 10:51 PM
Saw killzone psmove and all I gotta say is xbox better come with something groundbreaking not that paintball bs. Step ur game up xbox!

Weapon360
12-10-2010, 11:45 PM
Child of Eden for me since I was a big fan of Rez. Also, Michael Jackson: The Experience. My family tried out the Wii version and while it was fun, we could see it making more sense as a Kinect title.

JustTheTrick
12-11-2010, 07:20 AM
Mj game = WANT!!!

emaildrenow
12-11-2010, 09:10 PM
wanting that MJ game also