PDA

View Full Version : My Sims Is...Gay?

swashbuckler91
11-27-2010, 10:44 PM
I would just like to know if this is by default or randomized. Or can I affect my Sim's sexuality?
So I created a Sim. I go to greet the neighbors. One's male; the other is female (Michael Zhang, Alia Zhang respectively). The bubbles that come up for Michael include "Romantic." However, there is no "Romantic" option for Alia. I can only conclude that my Sim is homosexual, for I even have evidence: one of my Sim's wish was to kiss Michael.
I created another Sim. He also turned out to be gay when I started the game.

Now, I'm not homophobic. I just wish for my Sim to have a heterosexual relationship as I want to progress through the game that way. Is there any way to change this, or is the only solution to create a household with my Sim having a wife?

Edit: Meant to say "Sim" not "Sims" in title. Had to type this up fast.

fragerfox
11-28-2010, 12:48 AM
AFAIK sims start out as neutral and it's not until a romantic action is chosen that they begin to side. For the romantic options not coming up did you check the sims relations when you make them as if they're being made siblings that's why you're having problems there.

swashbuckler91
11-28-2010, 02:54 AM
For the romantic options not coming up did you check the sims relations when you make them as if they're being made siblings that's why you're having problems there.
?
What do you mean? When I'm creating my Sim, am I making him related family-wise to the already pre-set families? Can you even do that? No, I'm not making my Sim with any blood-ties between him and another Sim.

Also, it isn't just for Alia Zhang, either. I tried talking to other female Sims, yet the option was still stubborn to not show.

EDIT: Okay so I moved into another household and introduced myself to a whole variety of people. After introducing, I noted the bubbles available after first introduction. The "Romantic" option does show up for some of the female Sims (I think a couple as in 2 didn't have the option). I did the same for males. All but one gave me the "Romantic" option.
Does this mean that you can only become friends with certain Sims and nothing more?

fragerfox
11-28-2010, 03:48 AM
No, they should be able to have the romantic options with anyone as long as they're of the same age group, either teens or adults (young adults are counted as adults) and not related by blood. I think you might also need to have a certain amount of relationship (and also not have any negative status like being enemies) and mood before the options come up.

Flibbity Floid
11-30-2010, 04:48 PM
I think it's sort of randomized. Some Sims will take to you one way while the others you have to work at. There was another Sim game like this as well. Patience or variety are your friends. If someone doesn't seem to be progressing friend-wise, find a new buddy.

Leopold Kain
12-01-2010, 01:33 AM
I think its awsome... I got a lesbian rock chick I made and it was so hard to find another girl to be like yeah I will WooHoo with you....

I think thats pretty cool that they have theire own sexuallity.

lijnloos
12-01-2010, 07:17 AM
I think it's really cool that you can get a gay sim... It's supposed to be simulating the "real world", and I life there are those that are gay, even sims! I like!!!

krillgar
12-04-2010, 12:14 PM
It could just be the different traits that you like. Perhaps there's a bunch of clashes in there with some of the women that you meet, which means your Sim doesn't want to be romantic with them cause they can barely stand them.

iGoTiT4FrEe
12-08-2010, 10:35 AM
I would just like to know if this is by default or randomized. Or can I affect my Sim's sexuality?
So I created a Sim. I go to greet the neighbors. One's male; the other is female (Michael Zhang, Alia Zhang respectively). The bubbles that come up for Michael include "Romantic." However, there is no "Romantic" option for Alia. I can only conclude that my Sim is homosexual, for I even have evidence: one of my Sim's wish was to kiss Michael.
I created another Sim. He also turned out to be gay when I started the game.

Now, I'm not homophobic. I just wish for my Sim to have a heterosexual relationship as I want to progress through the game that way. Is there any way to change this, or is the only solution to create a household with my Sim having a wife?

Edit: Meant to say "Sim" not "Sims" in title. Had to type this up fast.

Your Sim isn't Gay ....Pedo might be a better word.Your hitting on kids ,thats why there isn't any options to kiss certain Sims.Check the age and im sure you will see the light ;)

Grummy
12-08-2010, 01:24 PM
Your Sim isn't Gay ....Pedo might be a better word.Your hitting on kids ,thats why there isn't any options to kiss certain Sims.Check the age and im sure you will see the light ;)

I lolled. Hard.

Harpua191
12-24-2010, 05:30 AM
your sim isn't gay ....pedo might be a better word.your hitting on kids ,thats why there isn't any options to kiss certain sims.check the age and im sure you will see the light ;)

^^^
ftmfw

judd90
12-24-2010, 08:22 AM
If i even played Sims and my sim was gay i would sell the game and blow up my Xbox... unless i was a chick and went lezo ;)

LordDobo
12-24-2010, 10:04 PM
I'm pretty sure that your Sims do not actually differentiate between genders when it comes to romance.

The traits that you choose (or choose to leave randomized on your first Sim) effect the dialog options that you get with people. For example, I selected Flirt for my male and he gets romantic options with a flirtation spin upon meeting people. He is also Friendly and so get's friendly conversation options that other Sims don't immediately. My female is a Romantic and gets options that my Flirty Sim doesn't.

Go and look at your traits. You'll notice a difference between your Sims personalities that will account for all their differing conversation trees.

amistoned
12-25-2010, 04:51 AM
If its anything like sims 2, your sim is neither, jusst hit on someone you want to be with. On my sims 2 game on Gamecube, i woohoo'd with almost everyone in the world.male and female.

Vanilla Coke Zero
12-25-2010, 08:52 AM
rofl, that's funny as hell. looks like your sim was infected with the gay gene. (no offense to the gays, just a family guy reference.)

amistoned
12-25-2010, 09:56 AM
rofl, that's funny as hell. looks like your sim was infected with the gay gene. (no offense to the gays, just a family guy reference.)

lol
"How long will this last?"
"Im not sure.A week,a month,a year...525,600 minutes..."