PDA

View Full Version : Armando Benitez gets Traded back to Florida

Jdm
06-02-2007, 01:40 AM
http://sanfrancisco.giants.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20070531&content_id=1997904&vkey=pr_sf&fext=.jsp&c_id=sf

^^^Click the link on top for more info.

Armando Benitez traded back to Florida for Randy Messenger.

Why doesn't this move surprise me? Benitez was doing a good job IMO, except for the "balk" game against the Mets. He had blown 2 straight Saves before being traded back to his former team, the Florida Marlins. I guess Benitez wore out his welcome in S.F. I never "booed" the guy and I hope he doesn't get that kind of treatment back in Florida. Good luck to Benitez in Florida and I hope Randy Messenger can help us close out games.

KewlBrettC
06-05-2007, 12:41 AM
This is stupid of the giants to suddenly trade him after the game against the mets. Yes, the former San Fran closer has had a bad year, but i didnt see the yankees trade Mariano Rivera be traded away after his bad start to the year

Will Metropolis
06-17-2007, 07:14 PM
Great move by the Marlins, in my opinion. They already have two closer caliber pitchers in Florida before this move. Gives them one of the best bullpens in the majors. The Giants just keep making dumb moves. Maybe they think 'Roid Bonds can do it all?

DaKing240
06-17-2007, 07:19 PM
Yeah, I am glad we have Benitez back... although he keep giving up homeruns :/

Clipse 2
06-17-2007, 07:56 PM
I hate the Giants (mostly because of Barry Bonds) but I remember watching the game where Benitez had those two "balks". Those were not balks, hell one was called and he didn't even have the ball in hand. I sat there thinking, what in god's name are these umps watching because I wasn't seeing it. He's a good pitcher that just needs to focus on the basics, get some more movement on the ball, but most importantly keep it down. I felt kind of bad he was traded after that game, it sucks to go out like that.