PDA

View Full Version : Missing in Action achievement

Stand Free
11-28-2010, 04:34 PM
Anyone know exactly what you have to do to get this achievement?

The achievement discription sounds pretty straight forward, but i've tried a few things and it hasn't popped up for me.

I wonder if you have to do it in a certain game mode perhaps?

pinky83
11-28-2010, 10:54 PM
am having the same problem aswell i tryed it in career mode i didnt work

mark21667
11-29-2010, 04:43 PM
I had the same problem. I did it in exhibition. Btw, just 1000'ed the game.

C0lourmegrey
11-29-2010, 05:34 PM
did it in career, make sure you actually target the number needed with the cursor/dot & just throw too high or something (easy to leave dbl 20, get the target in the dbl then launch full power to make sure you don't hit it)

ScottCorno1987
12-03-2010, 10:05 PM
I can confirm the above method

-Leave yourself with a double.
-Put the cursor over the double.
-Throw all three darts off the board.

Nice and Easy!

Andii
12-03-2010, 11:18 PM
I can also confirm that method too. Easy peasy :)

Liasos
12-03-2010, 11:43 PM
How is the throwing mechanism in this game? Is it like the other PDC game on 360? Thinking about buying this but there is no gameplay anywhere.

ScottCorno1987
12-05-2010, 10:52 AM
this one you hold lb to ready, then pull and push the right analogue stick

feels a better system than the previous game

Liasos
12-05-2010, 10:40 PM
Alright cool, is it a good game though? Better than PDC World Championship Darts?

N00binator 360
12-07-2010, 11:28 AM
Definitely an improvement over the first PDC game.

Commentary fares slightly better as John Gwynne now joins Sid Waddell in the commentary box for that authentic Sky Sports feel - albeit the amount of phrases is extremely limited with the same thing being said over and over, not only in the same tournament, but in the same match as well as the commentary being slightly off - such as praising a single 20, but deriding a perfectly good treble 20.

Even the score announcers and the MC have been digitially constructed. The only thing missing is Dave Jones and Rod Harrington with the pre and post match analysis.

Assist (or Amateur as it was called in the first game) is still way to easy to win everything. Just getting the hang of throwing without the assist (only started playing yesterday), but at least using this method provides a bit of a challenge, but still too easy overall.

Online should also fare easier to complete as you can potentially do all the achievements in one visit online, although I haven't actually been online as yet.

Liasos
12-07-2010, 11:42 PM
Thanks for the info mate, I think Im gonna buy this game soon.

Got another question, this time about the AI. On the last PDC game the AI didnt throw at anything but the treble 20 when they wasnt on a checkout, is it still like that? I mean they NEVER went down trying to hit treble 19.

KRYSTVII
12-19-2010, 10:40 PM
yea def works!

KRYSTVII
12-19-2010, 10:41 PM
Thanks for the info mate, I think Im gonna buy this game soon.

Got another question, this time about the AI. On the last PDC game the AI didnt throw at anything but the treble 20 when they wasnt on a checkout, is it still like that? I mean they NEVER went down trying to hit treble 19.
ai is pretty easy to be honest! the 1st tournament i didnt lose one leg! they dont go mental with the scoring!!!

shootermcgavin2
12-28-2010, 09:01 AM
Definitely an improvement over the first PDC game.

Commentary fares slightly better as John Gwynne now joins Sid Waddell in the commentary box for that authentic Sky Sports feel - albeit the amount of phrases is extremely limited with the same thing being said over and over, not only in the same tournament, but in the same match as well as the commentary being slightly off - such as praising a single 20, but deriding a perfectly good treble 20.

Even the score announcers and the MC have been digitially constructed. The only thing missing is Dave Jones and Rod Harrington with the pre and post match analysis.

Assist (or Amateur as it was called in the first game) is still way to easy to win everything. Just getting the hang of throwing without the assist (only started playing yesterday), but at least using this method provides a bit of a challenge, but still too easy overall.

Online should also fare easier to complete as you can potentially do all the achievements in one visit online, although I haven't actually been online as yet.

The commentary is great I agree, but I do get annoyed when you throw a treble 20 and they say "loose dart", or some other bad remark! very strange