PDA

View Full Version : New Achievements?

iNu
11-28-2010, 04:41 PM
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/nov/27/ssf4-achievement-images-show-yun-yang-possibly-evil-ryu/

Real or Fake?

Dennoman
11-28-2010, 11:37 PM
If that's fake it's the most amazing reproduction I've ever seen. I'm guessing it's only a matter of time before the official announcement comes, Eventhubs hasn't been wrong a lot.

TigerGenocide
11-29-2010, 06:59 PM
A part of me deep down on the inside hopes that it's fake. Hell, I main Akuma but goddamn Capcom...you know what the fans want, and you add Evil Ryu and Shin Akuma?

WeAreTheFuture
11-29-2010, 07:40 PM
A part of me deep down on the inside hopes that it's fake. Hell, I main Akuma but goddamn Capcom...you know what the fans want, and you add Evil Ryu and Shin Akuma? so many people have asked for evil ryu but not shin/ultra/oni/badass akuma. i want oro Q 12 necro, just weird characters because theyre fun

Carpetspider
11-29-2010, 07:41 PM
The main part making me think its a very good fake is the fact that of the 8 ach and 160G... 4 of the 10G achs are all the same just slightly different wordings although if you read the comments and look at past games... there are reasons/arguments for that being the case prior to release.

Hope its true cause anything new... character wise... would be a good thing! (I hope lol and the G just a bonus!!!)

Dennoman
11-30-2010, 12:08 AM
If they would add god tier characters I think they wouldn't be playable online tbh.

Plym
11-30-2010, 11:30 AM
The 4 same achievements look like you'll have to complete Arcade mode with each of the 4 new characters.

I think it's terrible if they add Evil Ryu and Shin Akuma!! That is so lazy...
We already have so many players like that. Disappointing as hell!

Didi Mau
12-01-2010, 04:12 PM
The main part making me think its a very good fake is the fact that of the 8 ach and 160G...

This is what I'm thinking at the moment, it would've been more logical to make them total 150g or 200g. I'm guessing it's fake, and if it isn't then they're probably hiding some additional achievements from us (individual trials being a possibility and the guy who took the screenshot simply couldn't complete them).

There already is a "Shin Akuma" in Arcade mode whom has double-air-fireballs that cost no meter, so it seems weird they'd put in additional tweaks and make an achievement of it to me (it'd certainly be Capcom-level lazy however, haha :p) There's also a Shin Gouken already in the game, which would seem to have been ignored entirely if this is true.

Plym
12-01-2010, 04:22 PM
This is what I'm thinking at the moment, it would've been more logical to make them total 150g or 200g. I'm guessing it's fake, and if it isn't then they're probably hiding some additional achievements from us (individual trials being a possibility and the guy who took the screenshot simply couldn't complete them). Yeah, we don't even know what we're seeing here.
This is just a screenshot of someone's completed achievements, there could be more, uncompleted.

Deadly Moves
12-01-2010, 04:43 PM
There real.. Ono pretty much comfirmed it in a short interview

Dennoman
12-01-2010, 05:07 PM
Yeah, we don't even know what we're seeing here.
This is just a screenshot of someone's completed achievements, there could be more, uncompleted.
Nope, it says 58 out of 58.

Plym
12-01-2010, 06:57 PM
Nope, it says 58 out of 58. Oh, so it does! Good spot!

Didi Mau
12-01-2010, 08:52 PM
There real.. Ono pretty much comfirmed it in a short interview

Are you referring to this, or something else?: LINK (http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/nov/28/ono-responds-achievement-photos-ssf4/)

Ono's just doing what he always does there, he doesn't confirm or disconfirm anything in order to keep publicity up. He's also replied to "Capcom neglected Hugo, Alex, Elena, Karin, Poison and Rolento in SSF4! Plz put them in SFxTK" with a "Don't act so hastily. ;P", even though the Arcade Edition is already complete with gold masters now.

It could just be a weird achievement total of 160g being added, it could be that they purposely took achievements relating to as-of-yet unannounced new characters to keep the pic as a "58 out of 58" as Dennoman's noticed, or it could just be a fake. It's a pretty good fake if it is, what with those tiles drawn up and everything, but I'll stick with what Christian Svensson said about him: "Let's just say that some people enjoy creating drama that doesn't really exist. Can't really say more than that. All will become clear in time."

Frankly though, if there ARE still characters to be announced, they're leaving it bloody late to do so haha. My gut says fake, my heart screams Rolento :p

Plym
12-01-2010, 08:57 PM
Yeah, the icons are VERY well done if they are faked! They look amazing!
I will pray for at least TWO more characters to be added. Imagine they made a brand new character... Something must be keeping them from taking so long!

TheMaster328
12-01-2010, 11:14 PM
A question that may suggest it may be fake... Who's gamertag does that belong to, and how the hell did s/he get the DLC when it's not even been announced yet? I'm saying it's fake until proved real, by an annoucement from Capcom...

Didi Mau
12-03-2010, 09:39 AM
Well, Evil Ryu and Shin Akuma are certainly real:

YouTube - SSFIV AE Trailer Featuring Evil Ryu and Shin Akuma

Still though, 160g? Don't make my achievements look ugly Capcom, tell me there's a secret couple in there to bring it up to 200/250 :(

Dennoman
12-03-2010, 09:51 AM
Evil Ryu and Shin Akuma were never announced before this point, so there's absolutely no way it's fake. Confirmation is imminent. I have spoken

:unsure:

Plym
12-03-2010, 01:14 PM
Ack, that's totally rubbish.
I already hate fighting Ryu and Akuma online because they mostly just back into a corner and shoot endless hadoken and air hadokens.
I'm trying to boost C for Shining C legitimately and it'll be even harder with Shin Akuma playable.

Didi Mau
12-03-2010, 02:05 PM
From what I read on Shoryuken, some of the Japanese text in the trailer translates to something along the lines of "two new fighters" or "37 fighters"; the guy who posted that admitted he's not the best at reading the language so could be wrong, but based off of that it'd appear they're boss-only characters and aren't playable.

...Complete waste of time making them if you ask me, but whatever. As long as someone's happy with it I guess :/

Dennoman
12-03-2010, 10:59 PM
Oh boo, I wanted them to be playable, SP only :(

Plym
12-04-2010, 11:01 PM
I'm happy. I think it would be a nightmare online.

xxxfirestorm
12-05-2010, 06:59 PM
im sure its real and im beyond stoked for it. kinda wish they would have picked better characters than yun and yang. =/

Domme
12-07-2010, 07:29 PM
Oh boo, I wanted them to be playable, SP only :(
/sign
It would be horrible, if you could pick them online.

jh4rdc0r3
12-07-2010, 07:54 PM
Agreed. Would love to see more Alpha characters. Skullomania ftw

Domme
12-08-2010, 03:15 PM
But I think they aren't playable in any way.
Do you think Capcom puts that much effort in rebalancing and suddenly they throw two broken chars into it? I don't think so. ;)

DeltaKappaEcho
12-22-2010, 11:50 PM
A question that may suggest it may be fake... Who's gamertag does that belong to, and how the hell did s/he get the DLC when it's not even been announced yet? I'm saying it's fake until proved real, by an annoucement from Capcom...
360 has a Dev-only Online (Partner Net) for testing games (and DLC) pre-release. This ensures that users cant view achievement descriptions or information from profiles used to test games. These screenshots make perfect sense but the info was clearly leaked from someone that works for Capcom. If they posted their Gamertag 1) you couldn't confirm authenticity due to the different networks (the profile would only exist on Partner Net not Retail Online) and 2) it would just compromise the job of the idiot that leaked it.

TheMaster328
12-23-2010, 12:56 AM
Perfectly reasonable explaination, so I'd say it's real!