PDA

View Full Version : New to JRPG's

SN1P3RSTU113
11-28-2010, 10:05 PM
Hi, I've only just got into JRPG's and I want to buy a few including Resonance of Fate I'm only starting out with 3 so here's my list:

Eternal Sonata (Played the demo, loved the combat system)
Resonance of Fate (Looked at a few trailers and gameplay walkthroughs, instantly wanted)
Tales of Vesperia (I know it's rare in the UK and expensive but I loved the demo and it's to good to refuse :))

What do you think? Recommend any others for a starter? I really want to get into this genre

LordDVS
11-29-2010, 06:27 PM
I thought Blue Dragon was quirky and fun.

jrmtz85
11-29-2010, 06:44 PM
Losy Odyssey - Hands down the best JRPG of this generation, with Tales of Vesperia coming in at a close second.

Mario3112
12-09-2010, 03:50 PM
yeah Lost Odyssey is a great classical jrpg of the traditional kind. The begining of the Game is a bit difficult but later it gets easier (in my opinion ;) )

Resonance of fate is great too and has a real special combat system. But the fights are really hard (but fun if you like challenges) and strategically, sometimes you only need to make one mistake to lose a battle... but if you are not easy frustrated it's worth everything:uzi:

Eternal Sonata I played only the demo. It looks like a little fun game and used you can get it for a few bucks.

Tales of Vesperia I played only the demo too... and somehow I didn't like it.

ilold
12-11-2010, 12:40 AM
last remnant is good. lost odyssey and tales are great. didn't really like eternal sonata. magna carta 2 isn't bad as well.

SN1P3RSTU113
12-25-2010, 09:31 PM
Got Resonance for christmas today and wow oh wow steepest learning curve ever!!!! I still love it though :p

Jediboy
12-29-2010, 06:01 PM
Are you still enjoying the game??

I have a Gamefly copy coming in the mail in the next couple of days....

Zappa Power
01-11-2011, 02:27 AM
Hi, I've only just got into JRPG's and I want to buy a few including Resonance of Fate I'm only starting out with 3 so here's my list:

Eternal Sonata (Played the demo, loved the combat system)
Resonance of Fate (Looked at a few trailers and gameplay walkthroughs, instantly wanted)
Tales of Vesperia (I know it's rare in the UK and expensive but I loved the demo and it's to good to refuse :))

What do you think? Recommend any others for a starter? I really want to get into this genre

On the 360? I would pick up Lost Odyssey. Maybe Tales of Vesperia... I mean, since you're new to JRGs, I suppose anything will do. Personally, I think JRPGs have become very mediocre and generic now-a-days. :/ But I've also been playing them for years, so... :P

Honestly, I think your best best bet is to get a PS2, dude. So many good JRPGs on PS1/PS2. You can still find some good ones at online or wherever you shop for dirt cheap too. :O Persona 3 or 4, Final Fantasy VII-X, Odin Sphere, Dragon Quest VIII, Wild Arms 3, Xenogears, Legend of Dragoon... All great games. I can look at my collection later and list some more if you decide to go this route. ;3

PS
I would avoid Star Ocean though, unless you're really desperate. You wanna talk about awful, generically annoying characters and story. My god. It's pretty unbearable if you're not used to shitty anime clichés. D:

Cashew Luu
01-16-2011, 03:49 PM
Tales of Vesperia is the best JRPG on the 360 in my opinion
I would also get Star Ocean Last Hope

Ooyah
01-24-2011, 11:03 AM
Eternal Sonata is a beautiful game, and I think that it would serve as a good entry point into Japanese RPG's, as it is not as punishing as a lot of them.

Resonance Of Fate is quite intimidating, I am finding... the kind of game that makes me feel stupid about every ten minutes or so. :)

Blue Dragon is very good, but crazy long! If you want a game to keep you going for a couple of hundred hours, that would be the one. :)